MMA fixing, boxing style

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

MMA fixing, boxing style

Postby Tikker » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: MMA fixing, boxing style

Postby Jay » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 pm

He got taken down early in round 2 but round 2 was questionable and coulda gone either way or gone draw. Hendricks took the first round easy and I think he won the 4th also. GSP took the 3rd and the fifth. Coulda gone either way but there's no fix imo. Not GSP's proudest moment and he's starting to show that he's not the invincible champ he's supposed to be.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:39 pm

I dont think it was fixed but the nevada judges screwed the pooch. Big rig won that fight. Might be the worst judging I have ever seen.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Ganzo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:29 am

Missed the fight - what happened
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby leah » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:08 am

i think if you showed someone pictures of both GSP and big rig at the end of the fight and ask them to choose who won, they would've said big rig hands down. GSP got roughed up pretty badly. i wouldn't be surprised if they gave GSP the win just to leave the door open for a "comeback" rematch now that GSP is "going away for a little while." whatever that means.

i think my favorite part was how WTF joe rogan clearly felt about the whole thing, haha. also i kind of want to hang out with hendricks. he's super beardy. also also some of those earlier fights had some delightful man candy, especially that black dude in the wee tiny shorts.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Spazz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:35 pm

You wanna hang out with me leah im super beardy as well ? Which brother in short shorts you talkin bout shad or woodley ?

Ganzo what happened was Big rig punched gsp and stuffed his take downs for 25 mins with gsp maybe winning round 3 and totally winning round 5. Nevada ac made a bad call dana white is trippin bout fights in vegas now. Anyway fight wasnt razor close like jones gus it was obvious who won and that man was not given the nod. Also it wasnt an example of the flair rule because he did infact beat the man
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Ganzo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Well, not the first time GSP won that way. I don't know how many years it's been since that guy did anything worth watching in the octagon. Every fight is a boring decision, same reason I stopped watching boxing and missed this fight.
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:24 am

Damage done != points.
This is a professional sport with a system designed for legitimacy.

GSP won 3/5 rounds by said system. Decision was right on the money.

Fight to finish. Never let it go to decision.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:34 am

I was just talking to Snero about this. Dana White is such a loser, I can't stand the guy. If he ever wants this thing to become legit, he needs to have someone else talk for him. Because he wants to start a fight with the Nevada Athletic Commision, he basically undermines his product by calling into question the decision (stupid), calls out his star athelete (stupid) and tries to shame him into no retiring (stupid).

The man is a moron and has no common sense. He could have just shut his mouth and used this as insane publicity for a rematch down the road. Could have used the story of a washed up GSP to market his product as a comeback. Instead he has a hissy fit, ruins his products and sells out his athelete.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:58 am

Yea cept that isnt what he did. DW tells it like it is a lot of the time and he calls bullshit when he sees it.

Harrison I am never shocked when you say something retarded nor am i surprised that no matter what anyone thinks or says you always take the opposite side. I think you might just be an asshole.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Ganzo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 am

Spazz wrote: Harrison I am never shocked when you say something retarded nor am i surprised that no matter what anyone thinks or says you always take the opposite side. I think you might just be an asshole.

Can I take that for new sig?
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:15 am

Zanchief wrote:I was just talking to Snero about this. Dana White is such a loser, I can't stand the guy. If he ever wants this thing to become legit, he needs to have someone else talk for him. Because he wants to start a fight with the Nevada Athletic Commision, he basically undermines his product by calling into question the decision (stupid), calls out his star athelete (stupid) and tries to shame him into no retiring (stupid).

The man is a moron and has no common sense. He could have just shut his mouth and used this as insane publicity for a rematch down the road. Could have used the story of a washed up GSP to market his product as a comeback. Instead he has a hissy fit, ruins his products and sells out his athelete.

Well that's what the hissy fit is about and in fact it's kinda working in his favor. He publicly blew up GSP for announcing his plans to take a hiatus. Any MMA fan right now wants this rematch period and Dana White's comments resonate with that. Right now, if GSP runs away and doesn't give Hendricks his well deserved rematch, he's gonna be even more hated than he is for the aftermath of this fight. If GSP leaves the sport right now, he's a coward. Plain and simple.

As for who won the fight, I can see how the decision went to GSP based on data. Point for point in sporting fashion if you tally the numbers, it's close. If we're just talking about a fight here, Hendricks whooped that ass, but the decision is legit, if even slightly questionable.

I actually agree with what Harrison says. It's not a clean cut call to say Hendricks' easily shoulda been the winner. 1 more round and it woulda been but unfortunately for Hendricks he didn't knock him out and win without a shadow of a doubt.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 am

Spazz wrote:Yea cept that isnt what he did. DW tells it like it is a lot of the time and he calls bullshit when he sees it.

He's just a self-serving prick, who always wants to be in the spotlight. He's always there after a fight, always there at pressers. Can you think of any other owner of commissioner who acts like he does? He pretty much told GSP to STFU at his own press confrence because he didn't like what he was saying. He's just really bad a managing things. He's holding his own sport back.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 am

Jay wrote:If GSP leaves the sport right now, he's a coward. Plain and simple.

This is crap. It's the same tired record DW is always talking about. He thinks his fighters owe him something, when they're getting their faces beat in to make DW rich. GSP owes the sport, the fans, and especially DW, nothing. He did his job. All this coward hyperbole is nonsense.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:13 pm

He's just a self-serving prick, who always wants to be in the spotlight. He's always there after a fight, always there at pressers. Can you think of any other owner of commissioner who acts like he does? He pretty much told GSP to STFU at his own press confrence because he didn't like what he was saying. He's just really bad a managing things. He's holding his own sport back.

What the fuck are you talking about. Hes always at pressers because he is the prez and he speaks the way he does becuase he is a fight promoter. He told GSP to shut up at the presser because gsp was being hounded and didnt want to answer what he was being asked. Go watch basketball or something its pretty clear to me with that statement that you dont know what the fuck your talking about.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:51 pm

I can't think of any other president that tries to make everything about him. The only one who comes close is Vince McMahon and he does it to make a joke of the whole thing. That's pretty much what Dana White is. He’s a joke on the same level as Vince McMahon, a no talent glory hog. If he wants to be respected he needs to stop jumping in the ring and grabbing the mic every time a fight ends, and standing next to his fighters after every presser telling them what to say, or trying to shame them into doing what he wants.

Good for you though, if you buy the shit he peddles. You make all his hard work worth it. You're the perfect fan for him.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Its his job to sell wolf tickets man what arent you getting. Its not that I buy every word he says its that i understand what hes doing.

GSP owes the fans is both goading gsp to rematch soon and hype the fans if gsp said i gotta retire my brain is shot that would be it.

ALso a fight promoter has a lot more in common with vince than gary bettman or someone like that. MMa has more in common with pro wrestling than any other sport.How many pro fighters can you name who have also wrestled ? Bork , shamrock , dos cararas ( alberto del rio) barnett , half the niggaz from pride ...... Do you have any idea of the history of the 2 sports and how they have been involved with each other forever or you just talkin out your ass ?
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Spazz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Thought about it and im not done with you yet you smug cocksucker. To compare a fight promoter to vinny mac isnt an insult at all in fact its kind of a compliment. When vince took over his dads company the wwwf wrestling was territories and he built wrestling to a global promotion. Yea hes a joke alright. How many viewers does the wwe have ? Yea and wrestlings in a slump right now .

Dana White and the Fertitas are doin the same shit. MMA was on its deth bed when they stepped in. Now its so big that its changing the way kids fight on the playground, is a major cultural reference and many fighters are as well known as celebs.

But keep on hatin.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I don't agree with everything dw says but I think he does a great job promoting his product. Him and Vince are dominating their respective industries so you can't say they're without their talents. Dw actually reminds me of a younger Mark Cuban.

I like dw for the same reason I like Mark Cuban. They're passionate about their sport. It's beyond a job, beyond money. I respect that.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Mark Cuban isn't the owner of a league, nor is Dana White a fight promoter, he's a president. He wants to control everything. He wants to make it all about him. He's trying to make himself the face of MMA rather than the athletes. It's sad that his closest contemporary is a man who has a fake job (Vince McMahon), or a corrupt fight promoter (Don King). If that’s who he wants to be, than I guess UFC is in good hands.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:28 pm

VInny mac doesnt have a fake job. Again do you not know who he is or what hes done ?

What is DWS job ? Hes the president of what ? Whats his company do ?

ITS HIS JOB TO SELL FIGHTS. ITS HIS JOB TO HYPE FIGHTERS AND ITS HIS JOB TO ADDRESS WHAT FANS OF THE PROMOTION HE RUNS THINK.

Thats a fight promoter you fucking moron. Hes not making it "about him" hes doing his job.

Just answer one question about Dana White for me. Since he has become "the face" of mma has it grown or shrunk in popularity? He can be abrasive at times but all him and the fertitas have done for the sport has been great. MMa is where its at because the president of the biggest org is a pushy loudmouth.

Heres a hint. GSP and Anderson are not rich because what they do is amazing. They are rich because a little foul mouthed bald man makes you wanna pay to see it. Its a business first and a sport second.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Lol this is why there is a points system so amateurs can't flip out and cry foul

Also, Dana White is a loudmouthed faggot and needs to shut his dickholster. Everyone is sick of him and that's why people are leaving UFC. He's an unprofessional douchebag. Not a president of a professional sport.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Who left a washed up rampage ? A washed up Tito ? A washed up crocop ?

The judges are shit thats not an amature opinion its a huge opinion from fighters to fans. One problem is that its boxing judges who dont always score every other aspect of a fight accurately.

Also since you bring up point fighting thats also a problem in mma. People dont want boring and boring doesnt sell. Guys like fitch and askren can blanket they way to victory but they cant put asses in seats. They can be great fighters but if no one wants to see them fight what good our they to the promotion?

Ufc is a business and it really isnt that far removed from wrasslin other than the outcomes arent predetermined ( supposedly )

Dana White is doing a fantastic job of doing exactly what hes sposed to be doing.

If you need proof that Dw is doing his job effectively just read the thread. What are we talking about? How long have you all been fans ( I know ufc one right) ?
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:51 pm

People dont want boring and boring doesnt sell. Guys like fitch and askren can blanket they way to victory but they cant put asses in seats. They can be great fighters but if no one wants to see them fight what good our they to the promotion?

Professional sport.

Professional.

It doesn't matter if it's "boring". Tell the Olympics they're boring and they should stop scoring the way they do and promote ridiculousness to make money. That doesn't make sense.

You can have your opinion about certain fighters being "boring". It doesn't make a difference to the reality of the sport itself.

Sorry Olympian, you didn't actually win that wrestling match because you bored the judges.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

This isn't redneck WWE retarded bullshit.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Spazz wrote:If you need proof that Dw is doing his job effectively just read the thread. What are we talking about?

We're talking about how much of a dick Dana White is.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure