Anyone here going to give it a shot?

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Anyone here going to give it a shot?

Postby Menelvir » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Warren Buffet is offering a billion dollars to the person that can perfectly predict the NCAA bracket this year...

Of course, the (coinflip) odds of winning are about 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 -- which to my mind means there's a greater chance of getting struck by lightning 18 times in a row while traveling on board a plane that suddenly loses all engine power and which just spontaneously filled with snakes.

You do have to submit personal information to Quicken Loans, so 'junk mail and repeated unsolicited phone calls regarding refinancing your home' are probably the "hidden cost" of playing...

It feels just a wee bit too "marketing gimmicky" for me, with the added detractor that I don't really follow any sports with regularity*, much less collegiate sports. And I've never been much of a gambler, anyway -- although I'd be more inclined to try a smaller payout with greater odds and no surrender of personal information.

But if it's your cup of tea, you can start here : https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/quickenloansbracket/challenge/?qls=BDB_B14qlb03.qlredirect

The top 20 most accurate bracket pickers can win $100,000.

*I do however, enjoy watching Olympic events
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Return to Sports and LEEZure