Charles Woodson.. Right or wrong?

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Charles Woodson.. Right or wrong?

Postby Lyion » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:19 am

While the Ricky Williams deal irks me, guys who get Franchise tagged and scoff at ~9 Mil really annoys me.

McAllister in Baltimore and Woodson in Oakland both are holding out because 9 mil a year isn't enough, and they want monster signing bonus'.

I personally like the Franchise tag, and I hope these two stick to their principal and 'not' play for the 'low' amount of 9 Million...
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:32 pm

Julian Peterson, Linebacker in SF, was offered a contract that would've made him the 2nd highest paid linebacker in the entire NFL, behind only Ray Lewis, and it would've made him the highest-paid 49er, ever. Yet the guy is holding out for a deal something in the neighborhood of Peyton Manning's. Apparently his stance is that he is the "Quarterback of the Defense," therefore he should get a "Franchise quarterback deal."

That's just fucking insane. A) He's not even REMOTELY as good as Lewis. He may be faster, but he sure can't hit as hard, and he's nowhere NEAR the leader Lewis is, so why should he make MORE than Lewis? B) "Quarterback of the Defense" is a nonexistant position, so basing a stance on that is really goddamn stupid. C) He hasn't been in the league long enough to have the kind of track record that would back up even the offer the 49ers DID make, much less what he's asking for, and D) Great Quarterback >>>>>> Great Linebacker on the hard-to-find scale, not to mention necessity-to-team scale, so pay scales are going to be vastly different, and to expect otherwise is, again, fucking retarded.

You noticed who the agents are for most of these guys holding out? The Poston brothers. Woodson, Peterson, Pace, and I think all but 1-2 of the other franchise holdouts; all represented by one or the other of the Postons. Guess they consider themselves to the be Boras' of Football. Look, numbnuts, if everyone else thinks your demands are insane, and other franchise players are signed for damn good contracts, don't you think you MIGHT be asking for way too goddamn much, hmmmm?

What I expect will happen is all of these holdouts will sign the 1-year tender offer like the day before the season starts, and then be pissy all year. What they don't seem to understand is that holdouts like that don't help the team, and they don't even help THEM in the long run. That's saying nothing about what damage they do to their careers and reputations with a longer holdout, if it goes into the regular season. Bah.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:12 pm

Arlos wrote:
You noticed who the agents are for most of these guys holding out? The Poston brothers. Woodson, Peterson, Pace, and I think all but 1-2 of the other franchise holdouts; all represented by one or the other of the Postons. Guess they consider themselves to the be Boras' of Football. Look, numbnuts, if everyone else thinks your demands are insane, and other franchise players are signed for damn good contracts, don't you think you MIGHT be asking for way too goddamn much, hmmmm?

What I expect will happen is all of these holdouts will sign the 1-year tender offer like the day before the season starts, and then be pissy all year. What they don't seem to understand is that holdouts like that don't help the team, and they don't even help THEM in the long run. That's saying nothing about what damage they do to their careers and reputations with a longer holdout, if it goes into the regular season. Bah.

-Arlos

Arlos, check this out!

http://footballguys.com/04bang%5Fnegotiation.htm

The Postons are turds, and I find it funny College people who sign them end up dropping spots.

Personally, I hope teams grow some cajones and have these asswipes sit and lose millions.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby labbats » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:33 pm

Let them talk themselves out of a job.
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Woodson and Peterson

Postby Malluas » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:08 pm

Woodson isn't even worth 3 mil imo. He gets owned by every GOOD receiver just like all the RAiders Corners.

Now as for peterson, he is good but he isn't as good as Ken Norton, Plummer, or even Jamie Winborn.

They need to start having provisions in contracts saying you either report and play or they can cut you and you won't/can't get a job for the rest of the year.

Stop all this BS cause those who hold out usually get nothing in the end (yes Elway was good but he held out before he played a game hehe).
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Sports and LEEZure