WHAT IN THE BLESSED NAME OF FUCK IS THIS???

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

WHAT IN THE BLESSED NAME OF FUCK IS THIS???

Postby vonkaar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:22 am

http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/26098.htm
KIDD-TO-MAVS STILL ON BACK BURNER

By FRED KERBER

August 3, 2004 -- So what would the Nets want back from Dallas for Jason Kidd?
Believe one thing: It won't include a collection of five players whose most redeeming quality is helping to match up salaries, one source said.

The Nets and Mavs have held discussions regarding Kidd, and the most popular scenario had been Antoine Walker and Josh Howard.

But that possibility now appears doomed as Walker, a league sources said, is heading to Atlanta for guard Jason Terry and forward Alan Henderson.

The Nets and Mavs have not talked for nearly a week. But if Kidd should demand a trade, the two teams might renew discussions.

But what the Nets could - or would - take back from Dallas is unclear, especially in light of the Walker news.

Kidd does not have a no-trade clause and cannot block any trade, and the Nets have inquired about interest around the league. If the All-Star is vehement in his desire to leave, the Nets likely would try to accommodate the demand.

"The next move is probably Jason's," the source said. "But if there ever is a trade, it won't be for that one group of players."

That group is Jerry Stackhouse, Christian Laettner, Tariq Abdul-Wahad, Calvin Booth and Tony Delk. The Mavs, sources maintain, wouldn't touch Kidd's contract without dumping some of those undesirable pacts on the Nets. Kidd, with $90 million left on his deal over five years, is due to be paid $14,796,000 this season. Michael Finley apparently is untouchable.

So the Mavs, who lost Steve Nash to free agency, might be one of several teams who'll consider Kidd if he decides that recent moves by the prospective ownership group have made The Swamp a wasteland.

Kidd met with prospective owner Bruce Ratner and Rod Thorn last week and angrily gave his position, which was that he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding plan. But he did not demand a trade.

Kidd, 31, agreed to cool off for a week and adopt a wait-and-see approach on how the Nets could salvage themselves after giving away Kenyon Martin and Kerry Kittles to cut payroll.

I will burn a cross in Don Nelson Jr's front lawn if this trade happens.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Rotj » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:43 pm

That's atrocious.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer04/ ... id=1851520

This is too. Disgusting. Say all you want about it being a practice game..but that's shocking.
Rotj
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby vonkaar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:01 pm

On Wednesday, it will face a Dirk Nowitzki-led Germany, which beat Italy 85-77 Sunday.

Hah!
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Lyion » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:33 pm

vonkaar wrote:
On Wednesday, it will face a Dirk Nowitzki-led Germany, which beat Italy 85-77 Sunday.

Hah!

Its a bad start for team USA. Sad....
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

sad

Postby Malluas » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:43 pm

if we even sent our best players the World wouldn't have a chance. It would be dream team 2

C- Shaq
PF- Duncan
SF- Garnett
SG- Kobe
PG- Bibby/Iverson

backups
Ratliff (defense)
O'neal (Duncans back up)
Pierce (Kevins back up)
James (Offense)
Anthony (offense)
McGrady (shooting offense
Brad Miller (rebounding, long range shooting)
Ray allen (obvious)
and just name off whoever
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Rotj » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:49 pm

That's true. But unfortunately half of them couldn't care less about the gold. Which is a shame, really.

IF..Team USA does lose the gold..the mental image of the media's and public furor towards NBA players..makes me cringe. (Rightfully so)
Rotj
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

USA WILL LOSE

Postby Malluas » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:19 pm

they don't have consistant long range shooting at all

Iverson is the only one that can get hot and hit 10 3s in a row but thats it.

Plus all these teams are together for a few weeks to months. USA Only is together for 2 weeks then the olympics or World Championships

until we do the same i don't think we will win.
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby vonkaar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:34 pm

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD STOP CALLING IVERSON A POINT GUARD HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD. HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD. HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD>
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:38 pm

vonkaar wrote:HOLY MOTHER OF GOD STOP CALLING IVERSON A POINT GUARD HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD. HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD. HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD>
Zanchief

Postby Lyion » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:57 pm

vonkaar wrote:HOLY MOTHER OF GOD STOP CALLING IVERSON A POINT GUARD HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD. HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD. HE ISN'T A POINT GUARD>

Any shooting guard can play point guard, you halfling bastard. Its not like theres a special skillset to dribble more and pass, or shoot less.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:19 pm

He has played the point about 3 times in his career, including junior high. He has said in MULTIPLE interviews that he does NOT want to play point-guard.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:39 pm

But is perfectly capable of doing so if you ask me.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:40 pm

Any center can play point guard, you halfling bastard. Its not like theres a special skillset to dribble more and pass, or shoot less.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:05 pm

Iverson made a special effort when he entered the league to let everyone know that he is a SHOOTING guard. He did NOT want to be stuck with a point-guard role. This is why most people name him in the top players of all time, pound for pound. (Usually listed as Magic, The Big-O and A.I.) Watching him shoot those rainbow long-range shots over 7-footers was awe-inspiring. He probably COULD be a fantastic point-guard... maybe even better than Kidd (The guy that Malluas needs to accept the UNIVERSAL opinion - Kidd > All current PGs).

He doesn't WANT to be a point-guard, so Larry Brown is playing Marbury and Wade at point. Lebron James and A.I. are the shooting-guards. Timmy and Emeka are your Centers. Lamar Odom, Carlos Boozer and Amare are your power forwards. Shawn Marion, Carmelo Anthony and Richard Jefferson are your small forwards. That's it. Everyone needs to stop calling A.I. a point-guard.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

vonk

Postby Malluas » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:23 pm

he is a scoring PG :)

i jsut go by what they list him as.

And he is nowhere near Magic or the Big O
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:26 pm

I saw him play a bit of point at the beginning of last season. He was really good at it but he has never had enough talent to warrant passing the ball.
Zanchief

Postby Ganzo » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:39 pm

we should have sent Pistons
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby vonkaar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:42 pm

Malluas wrote:he is a scoring PG :)

i jsut go by what they list him as.

And he is nowhere near Magic or the Big O
They list him as a shooting guard.

I'm tired of wasting time talking to you about basketball... this is like talking to a waitress at a sports-bar - stop acting like you know what you are talking about.

Kidd is UNIVERSALLY accepted as the best point-guard in the leage.

Allen Iverson won his 2rd scoring title in 3 years in 2001... and guess who was the STARTING Point-Guard on the all-NBA team. Jason Kidd. Guess who was the STARTING Shooting-Guard on the all-NBA first-team. ALLEN IVERSON.

In 2002, the All-NBA second team had Gary Payton as the POINT and A.I. as the Shooting Guard.

In 1998, the All-Nba first team had Jason Kidd as the POINT and A.I. as the Shooting Guard.

He's not a fucking point-guard. He's not LISTED as a point-guard. Nobody fucking CALLS him a point guard. Holy shit this is frustrating.

Also... Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson enjoyed a much longer career (albeit short for Magic). A.I. has just started his (relatively speaking). I don't need to get into all of his awards and achievements over the years... we'll say that it *is* comparable (5 games in a row of 40+ points... as a rookie). Throw in the fact that Oscar retired at 6-4 and Magic at 6-9... and Iverson is 6-0... the pound-for-pound argument sways heavily in his favor. Do you even know what that term means?

no more talking to you until you start calling A.I. a shooting-guard and stop smoking the "bibby > kidd" crackpipe. The matter of Bibby vs Nash is arguable, Kidd vs Bibby is laughable.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:14 pm

If AI is a PG I guess that made Eric Snow the starting shooting guard.

Now that he's in Cleveland he can snag Lebron's SG spot and force him to the point.

Eric Snow = Mad Shooting Guard.
Zanchief

Postby Rotj » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:03 am

$10..Team USA would not have lost if they had flyin'kick, ninja extreme, perimeter smackdown Bruce Bowen!
Rotj
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:27 am

Zanchief wrote:Any center can play point guard, you halfling bastard. Its not like theres a special skillset to dribble more and pass, or shoot less.

See Magic Johnson.

I win.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:34 am

Why did he call you a Halfling anyway? Lyion was a human and Kyo... was too, right?
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:46 am

Lyion wrote:
Zanchief wrote:Any center can play point guard, you halfling bastard. Its not like theres a special skillset to dribble more and pass, or shoot less.

See Magic Johnson.

I win.

Garnett plays a little point sometimes.

vonkaar wrote:Why did he call you a Halfling anyway? Lyion was a human and Kyo... was too, right?

Lyion wrote:Any shooting guard can play point guard, you halfling bastard. Its not like theres a special skillset to dribble more and pass, or shoot less.

'Cause I'm funny.
Zanchief

Postby Lyion » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:54 am

I remember in one finals set, Magic switched from playing Point Guard to center, and used his 'mini' skyhook to help win.

Iverson could be a PG. /shrug. He just is too much of a 'me' guy to ever be a good one. Also, he lacks the one thing that all good short PGs have, he's not white. ;)

Zanchief wrote:
Lyion wrote:

See Magic Johnson.

I win.

Garnett plays a little point sometimes.

vonkaar wrote:Why did he call you a Halfling anyway? Lyion was a human and Kyo... was too, right?

Lyion wrote:Any shooting guard can play point guard, you halfling bastard. Its not like theres a special skillset to dribble more and pass, or shoot less.

'Cause I'm funny.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:00 am

True true...

Kidd is so whi

oops

The Magic at Center story you are talking about was his freaking ROOKIE year. It was the freaking NBA Finals... I'll quote NBA.com history profile on he...
In the 1980 NBA Finals against the Philadelphia 76ers, Johnson's performance in the series-clinching sixth game was the stuff of legend. Abdul-Jabbar was sidelined with a badly sprained ankle sustained during his 40-point effort in Game 5. Up 3-2, the Lakers could wrap things up on the 76ers' home court.

Enter Johnson, the 20-year-old rookie. Assuming Abdul-Jabbar's position at center, Johnson sky-hooked and rebounded the Lakers to victory with 42 points, 15 boards, seven assists and three steals. He even jumped for the opening tap. Johnson became the first rookie ever to win the Finals MVP Award. The stunning effort exemplified his uncanny ability to do whatever the Lakers needed in order to win.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure