Why h8 NASCAR? :|

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Metranon » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:13 pm

people are born black or white and they can't change it, being trailer trash is not a race

Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Aatrex » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:17 pm

So trailer trash is forfiet any rights?
Aatrex
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Metranon » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:19 pm

no but "trailer trash is forfiet" any rights not to have other people laugh at them
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Aatrex » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:20 pm

So if I made it a point to run a comedy show that talked about the wide noses that black people have that'd be cool?
Aatrex
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby LucernRanger » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:45 pm

High speed=less stability...sorry, take a look at F1(yes different cars, but just proving a point). At 200mph, an F1 cars generates more downforce than what it weighs, or in other words, it generates enough downforce to run upside down.
LucernRanger
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Metranon » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:47 am

So if I made it a point to run a comedy show that talked about the wide noses that black people have that'd be cool?

no, because black people are a race. People with wide noses or nascar watchers are not races, nor are rednecks.

go to any college in america. ask them if they descriminate against people with less than a C- grade average. Those racists! infringing on my right to get poor grades!

as far as running a comedy show...of course the FCC regulates that, but youre generally allowed to make fun of minorities as long as they arent a racial group or women.
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:04 am

At 200mph, an F1 cars generates more downforce than what it weighs, or in other words, it generates enough downforce to run upside down.

Yes tard but F1 cars are made specifically to handle high speeds. F1 driving is infinately more difficult than NASCAR racing is. NASCAR cars are not made for extreme high speeds. They're SUPPOSED to be near the same shape as their stock originals. Comparing F1 cars to NASCAR cars is like comparing go-karts to a Porsche 911. Please do not challenge me on car physics, you WILL lose.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Minrott » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:09 am

Cocksuckers.
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Aatrex » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:53 am

So met basically what you're saying is that it's ok to make a pre-judgement on people as long as it's basis isn't in race?

I guess people were all wrong about being down on neo-nazi/hate groups. It's not based on race, so it must be cool!
Aatrex
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Metranon » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:21 am

i guess if you want to watch cars drive in circles in the privacy of your own home, go for it
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Eviljonte » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:50 am

Anyone remember "the angry comedian" from saturday night live?

(Daymon Wayans) "Something funny happened on my way over here tonight...

...I killed 3 white people!

I thought that was funny :)

And please don´t hate soccer it makes jesus cry when you do that.
Iviljonte 65 lvls of idiocy
Eviljonte
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:09 am

i guess if you want to watch cars drive in circles in the privacy of your own home, go for it

The same thing could be said for any sport just with different words. I think that was already covered here.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:08 am

Nascar - There is one thing I like about NASCAR. My ex was a huge fan so I had to watch it and went to onr race at Richmond. Anyway that one thing... the white noise sound of the cars going around and around that track on TV always put me to sleep instantly. =P

I'm not a big fan of the sport. The one time I did go I liked being at the track. Seeing sports live is always better. It was pretty nifty to walk around the track next to cars that were going around that fast. Also, I was with a lot of people in the south when I was consulting.. many business professionsal that were NASCAR fans. They use to take the helicopters right into the infield to watch the races. Anyway, those more professional types seemed to be in the minority when I was at the track in Richmond. When we were sitting in the stands we were surrounded by way more more drunk rednecks then executive types. But they are more entertaning anyway so I don't get what all the complaining is about.

Every been to a hockey game at Madison Square Garden?... haha drunk NYer hockey fans are about as beligerent as NASCAR redneck fans. It is all entertainement in the end.. np!
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:30 am

Aatrex wrote:I like the part where people yell at rednecks for being idiotic bigots who don't deserve the right to make choices.

I guess that's not seen as racism as it's a majority view. Irony rules.

That's not irony, it's hypocrisy you dumb redneck.
Zanchief

Postby Lyion » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:06 am

Zanchief wrote:
Aatrex wrote:I like the part where people yell at rednecks for being idiotic bigots who don't deserve the right to make choices.

I guess that's not seen as racism as it's a majority view. Irony rules.

That's not irony, it's hypocrisy you dumb redneck.

I do not think that word means what you think it means, Zan.

Anyways, sports are simple. Insulting one you don't like just makes you seem an ass. Being up in Canuckland, go check out some Cascar. See a live event, before passing judgement.

I've been to Nascar races, and while there certainly are the bumpkins, the crowd is comparable to any other sporting event.

F1 doesn't have to regulate speed, because they don't do banked ovals with laptimes over 200 mph. They do solely road courses. As Taxx said that is a tougher course to drive, but infinitely safer since you are rarely near another car, and the only time you crash is usually due to driver error. Those cars are pure engineering marvels.

Put an F1 driver in Bristol, and they'd be in for a wild ride. 42 cars on a 1/2 mile high banked oval doing laps in 30 seconds. I seriously doubt they could take it, since they would have to do more than 'programmed' laps.

Go to a live Bristol event, and I think just about anyone would enjoy that race. Its banked like a Bowl, with really close racing, and one screwup can wipe out half the field. There's a lot of 'pushing' to move cars, and its fun to watch.

My last race a few years ago was with 2 Engineers friends of mine who met me at Atlanta and Bristol, and are longtime Nascar fans. One was Black.. So much for your stereotypes....

I do get a laugh out of the 'liberal' people here who are hugely bigoted. Pot, meet Mr Kettle...
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Scoota McGee » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:12 am

I like the part where people yell at rednecks for being idiotic bigots who don't deserve the right to make choices.

It would be irony if the people yelling had recently received an award for their years of work promoting diversity and acceptance.

Kinda like President Carter receiving a Nobel Piece Prize for brokering a deal to prevent North Korea from developing a nuclear weapons progrim. The irony is the deal he brokered allowed them additional resource to develop a nuclear weapons program.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Minrott » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:46 am

So I can hate black people (Not because they're black) but because they like basketball and I think it sucks.

And I can hate hispanics {not because they're hispanic) but because they like baseball and baseball is the most boring sport on the planet.

And anyone that likes soccer are eurotrash faggots because I say so and they have a choice not to like soccer or be eurotrash faggots as Metranon pointed out, if you have a choice then it's ok for people to judge you based on stereotypes.

Lame. Metranon is the only one of the Super Defenders who even attempted to discuss the point. The rest were satisfied with "NASCAR sucks."
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Scoota McGee » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:50 am

I beleive you should be free to hate whoever you want for what ever you want. Laws saying what you can or cannot hate are inane and inherently hypocritical. And NASCAR sucks.
Last edited by Scoota McGee on Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:51 am

That's about right Minrott.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Minrott » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:58 am

I'm not talking about law. I agree 100%. It's not the goverments place to gestate a law every time some thin skinned bastards feelings are hurt.

I'm talking about the double standard in society. Women can make fun of men anywhere, anytime, anyplace without any form of repurcussion whether it be social or structured. If men try to make fun of women, say in the work place, they can assume either A) they're getting disciplined or B) they're at the very least going to be coined a shauvanistic pig, no matter how lighthearted their joke may have been. If the wrong women heard it and took offense, you're fucked.

Same thing goes for ethnicity, nationality, religious, or ANY group of people. I'm not talking about racism. It's not OK or PC or accepted to dislike or make fun of or make stereotypical derogitory comments about anyone other than white trailer trash, rednecks, or NASCAR fans.

Why is that?
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Minrott » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:00 pm

What is Toss? I'm serious, I'm not bothered or offended by the shit in any way, I'm just curious as to the question Why?
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:05 pm

Lyion wrote:I do not think that word means what you think it means, Zan.

I know how you love being oh so condescending to me Kyo, but it is hypocrisy. Might want to save the Princess Bride quotes for a more appropriate time next time.

If one more person says 'liberal' with quotation marks, I'm gonna go 'Fell' on his ass.
Last edited by Zanchief on Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zanchief

Postby Minrott » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:08 pm

If one more person says 'liberal' with quotation marks, I'm gonna go 'Fell' on his ass.

hahaha
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:16 pm

If you CHOOSE to put yourself in a stereotype (ie get your hair cut in a mullet, wear a snowmobile suit 8 months of the year, get a mohawk, get giant rims and a neon undercarriage on your car etc) then you should be prepared to accept the critcism that comes with it.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drunnken » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:27 pm

whoa whoa whoa

hatred of nascar
and
hatred of rednecks

are two wholly separate and valid things

edit: and when i say rednecks i don't mean some guy from the south or white trash, i mean plaid shirt with no arms, old faded hat, beats his wife, can barely spell, southern accent so bad he barely makes sense, doesn't know shit about shit rednecks

edit2: and any guy sporting a confederate flag IS a redneck, and an asshole. fucking pick a different symbol for your pride of the south dumbasses
Last edited by Drunnken on Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure