Laker Annoyance..

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Scoota McGee » Mon May 03, 2004 2:12 pm

Parker kicks ass. I'm pretty sure he almost broke "The Gloves" ankles more than once yesterday.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 03, 2004 2:22 pm

Scoota McGee wrote:Parker kicks ass. I'm pretty sure he almost broke "The Gloves" ankles more than once yesterday.

The look on Payton's face in the fourth quarter was priceless. He looked like all the fools he had embarrassed and trash talked in the 90s.
Zanchief

Postby Scoota McGee » Mon May 03, 2004 2:39 pm

LOL... I snarfed beer out of my nose at Champs when I saw that look instead of the patented Payton sneer.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Mon May 03, 2004 5:50 pm

forget basketball watch soccer problem solved
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jirig » Wed May 05, 2004 3:52 pm

Drunnken wrote:i disagree heartily that SA is the team to beat, and clearly the sports news does too

weren't they the underdogs last year?

aren't they still the underdog champions this year?

by fame and statistics

Duncan, Ginobli, Horry, Parker, Nesterovic, Bowen and Rose
don't have shit on
O'Neal, Bryant, Malone, Fisher, Fox, Payton, George, Medvedenko and Rush

What's that I hear? Lakers crying again?

Fuck the Lakers and fuck YOU for thinking the people you listed didn't have shit on O'Neal and company. I'm gonna pick apart your team, player by player.

O'Neal is a stupid motherfucker. He's a whiney bitch with zero talent. The only reason people think he's all that is because he's a 7'1, 340 lbs motherfucker who couldn't cut it as a linebacker.

I won't say shit about Kobe because he is by and far the most talented person you have on your roster.

Malone? What's that you just said? Malone? Surely you can't be serious. I'm not going to say anything in regard to Malone because I'm 99% positive you meant this as a complete joke.

Fisher is basically Ginobili... except not as deadly.

Fox is pretty much the second best person you have on your roster. I have nothing against Fox.

Payton is a loser. He's another drama whore. He's all bark, no bite. Just like he was in Seattle.

George is an average baller. He's nothing special. I don't know why the fuck you listed him as something spectacular or some shit. The same can be said for Medvedenko and Rush.

Now, for the Spurs...

Duncan is, by far, the most fundamental player in the league. He can pick apart a defense like it's nothing. I like how, when Malone blocks Duncan, the newscasters and commentators go fucking nuts. But when Duncan blocks Malone, you hear nothing more than crickets. Fucking biased motherfuckers. Duncan is, by far, the most instrumental player on our team. He's an incredible athlete and an outstanding role model... and your lack of respect is simply atrocious.

Ginobili, as I've said before, is a defensive nightmare. He's hot in the paint, on fire from the field, and deadly from the three. Don't count Manu out. To do so would be an underestimation that would cost you the west.

Horry is awesome. He plays hard, he plays well, and he's very level headed. I wish Parker played more like Rob... BUT...

Parker is fucking schitzo. He's the only six footer I know who'll jump into a paint full of seven footers, toss a tear drop, draw a foul, and walk away like it was nothing. That takes balls. Balls you can't help but show some respect for.

Nesterovic is often times underestimated... and I don't know why. People tend to think he's some passive dumbass who lets PG's get away with murder. This isn't the case. He's extremely aggressive. Both offensively and defensively.

Bowen is a contradiction to me. He plays hard... but too hard. He can be reckless. He's got a hot hand from the field, but on the defensive end, he's just too unforgiving. Call him a fucking ninja all you want. I'll call him sticky. 8)

Rose plays with more passion than I have ever seen. He's extremely aggressive. He puts the points on the board when we need 'em and he plays the defender well. I admire Rose. I think, given a couple of years, he'll be the new Admiral.

Turkoglu is one hell of a baller. I have no idea why you didn't include him in your "fame and statistics" line up. He ranks number eight in the league when it comes to three point FG percentage. I like how you completely forgot about him.

In any case, I'm not saying the Lakers are a bunch of talentless retards. I'm saying you should pay a little more respect to the reigning champs... because even though the Spurs don't dunk on someone and go "OH SHIT, YO. AND1!" doesn't mean they don't have skill. It means they play with class, dude. The Lakers should take some tips.
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Kimona » Wed May 05, 2004 4:27 pm

The Lakers are the best sports news team in the NBA.Think about it, Shaq is the most dominant center in the league and Kobe is one of the league’s flashiest players. The fact that they are two of the top players in the game with constantly conflicting egos is a great story. Add Kobe’s rape trial into the mix and you’ve got an even bigger story. Also consider the fact that Gary Payton, a league veteran, and Karl Malone, a loooooong time Laker enemy both came here to work for the winningest (new word alert!) coach in playoff history for the NBA equivalent of bread and water.

Are they the best team in the league? Fuck no. Let’s look at their main competition this year…

San Antonio Spurs - They can (and have) beat the Lakers. But the problem with them is the smaller NBA market (which has already been noted) and the simple fact that the Spurs are fucking boring to watch. Tim Duncan is awesome, no one says otherwise, but shit man, watching him play is like watching the WNBA. And he could stand to show a little emotion here and there. Robotim Duncanbot is boring, sorry. Tony Parker? Different story. He’s fucking amazing. But he's also French. So that invalidates his awesomeness. Sorry.

Sacramento Kings - An excellent team but they are perennial choke artists. They will never, never win the championship. They’ve had their shot so many times and have failed every single year. Bench Webber, start Miller and maybe, maybe they’ll have something.

The most important about the Lakers are that they are exciting to watch. Did you see how they were out of first then literally came out of nowhere to win the western championship? It was amazing. The perfect combination of skill and luck. And that’s how they win. Skill and luck. Mostly luck, lol. So, of course, they get all the media coverage. Shaq and Kobe are the most fascinating duo in the NBA since Magic and Kareem. Who, incidentally, hated each other too. As long as these guys are together, they will be the number one team in the league. They may not top the standings every year or bust out 4- and 5-peats but everyone cares about the Lakers. Everyone who’s a basketball fan will watch their team play the Lakers.

I’m a longtime Lakers fan, always have been, always will be. But I’m 80% sure that they’re going to lose this series and the Spurs will repeat. And guess what? The only people who will give a shit will be the people in San Antonio. And the day after the Spurs win, the papers will be filled with more stories about Shaq and Kobe. :P
Kimona
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Scoota McGee » Thu May 06, 2004 6:07 am

When's the last time those "Underdog" Spurs have lost a game anyway... February?

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Thu May 06, 2004 1:48 pm

Kimona wrote:San Antonio Spurs - They can (and have) beat the Lakers. But the problem with them is the smaller NBA market (which has already been noted) and the simple fact that the Spurs are fucking boring to watch. Tim Duncan is awesome, no one says otherwise, but shit man, watching him play is like watching the WNBA. And he could stand to show a little emotion here and there. Robotim Duncanbot is boring, sorry. Tony Parker? Different story. He’s fucking amazing. But he's also French. So that invalidates his awesomeness. Sorry.

Boring to watch? They're the only reason I'm watching the playoffs this year.
Zanchief

Postby Durck » Thu May 06, 2004 2:39 pm

Went to the game last nite. All I can say is the SBC Center was rocking, and Tony Parker was on fire.

What a great game!

-Duck
Durck
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Scoota McGee » Fri May 07, 2004 7:22 am

Spurs are on a roll (17 game streak)... Lakers look like crap... Kobe and Shaq are not getting along again... Kobe has legal troubles... Lakers have no answer on how to stop, or even slow Parker down...

and the Lakers are still favored by 5 to beat the Spurs on Sunday:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.as ... a-odds.htm

No respect, no respect I tell ya.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Fri May 07, 2004 7:46 am

Scoota McGee wrote:Spurs are on a roll (17 game streak)... Lakers look like crap... Kobe and Shaq are not getting along again... Kobe has legal troubles... Lakers have no answer on how to stop, or even slow Parker down...

and the Lakers are still favored by 5 to beat the Spurs on Sunday:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.as ... a-odds.htm

No respect, no respect I tell ya.

Scoota, do you really expect the Spurs to sweep the Lakers? Of course the Lakers are favored in their first game back at Staples Centre.
Zanchief

Postby Scoota McGee » Fri May 07, 2004 10:02 am

Zanchief wrote:Scoota, do you really expect the Spurs to sweep the Lakers?

Yes... I do

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Tue May 11, 2004 11:24 pm

Scoota McGee wrote:
Zanchief wrote:Scoota, do you really expect the Spurs to sweep the Lakers?

Yes... I do
Zanchief

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed May 12, 2004 6:00 am

You inconsiderate bastard.

After watching the game with friends at a sports bar, then wallowing in freakish grief all night at the beating my beloved Spurs took. I come to work, come to NT, and you’ve posted a reminder for me. How am I supposed to get through work today? They old “I’m not crying, must be something in my eye” trick only works so long.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Wed May 12, 2004 6:58 am

I know next to nothing about Basketball but it would appear that the Timberwolves are kicking some ass.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Wed May 12, 2004 7:34 am

Zanchief spared me from that fate...

I do believe I 'guaranteed' a Mavs victory over Sac.

Now I'm concerned about who is going to sufficiently tempt T-Mac from Orlando. Houston, Phoenix and Dallas are all highly interested. Supposedly, Houston would give up Steve Francis and ANY other player besides Yao... Phoenix would trade their draft pick, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson and Jake Voskuhl... Orlando, however... is really interested in our rookie sensation, Marquis Daniels. Sooo... that's a small bit of 'favor' towards us.

T-Mac in Dallas! 2005! NBA finals!

Unlike the fucking Lakers, that wouldn't be a stacked team that everyone would freak over. It would be a 'very' strong team, like Sac's lineup or Detroit after Rasheed arrived.

Wait... this is about the Lakers... hmm... I still say they are going down.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby labbats » Wed May 12, 2004 7:35 am

Zanchief wrote:
Kimona wrote:San Antonio Spurs - They can (and have) beat the Lakers. But the problem with them is the smaller NBA market (which has already been noted) and the simple fact that the Spurs are fucking boring to watch. Tim Duncan is awesome, no one says otherwise, but shit man, watching him play is like watching the WNBA. And he could stand to show a little emotion here and there. Robotim Duncanbot is boring, sorry. Tony Parker? Different story. He’s fucking amazing. But he's also French. So that invalidates his awesomeness. Sorry.

Boring to watch? They're the only reason I'm watching the playoffs this year.

Yeah, they're about as exciting as hockey. Way to go.
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Zanchief » Wed May 12, 2004 9:54 am

Scoota McGee wrote:You inconsiderate bastard.

After watching the game with friends at a sports bar, then wallowing in freakish grief all night at the beating my beloved Spurs took. I come to work, come to NT, and you’ve posted a reminder for me. How am I supposed to get through work today? They old “I’m not crying, must be something in my eye” trick only works so long.

Spurs will still win, it's just gonna take more time, Scoota. Cheer up!
Zanchief

Postby Zanchief » Wed May 12, 2004 9:57 am

vonkaar wrote:Zanchief spared me from that fate...

I do believe I 'guaranteed' a Mavs victory over Sac.

Now I'm concerned about who is going to sufficiently tempt T-Mac from Orlando. Houston, Phoenix and Dallas are all highly interested. Supposedly, Houston would give up Steve Francis and ANY other player besides Yao... Phoenix would trade their draft pick, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson and Jake Voskuhl... Orlando, however... is really interested in our rookie sensation, Marquis Daniels. Sooo... that's a small bit of 'favor' towards us.

T-Mac in Dallas! 2005! NBA finals!

Unlike the fucking Lakers, that wouldn't be a stacked team that everyone would freak over. It would be a 'very' strong team, like Sac's lineup or Detroit after Rasheed arrived.

Wait... this is about the Lakers... hmm... I still say they are going down.

Steve Francis for T-Mac would be GREAT!!! They could sign any number of great point guards with that combo. Not sure if that would solve the problem Jeff Van Gundy already has in Houston, that they don't pass the ball into the post enough, but it would make one great tandem. Maybe they could lure Steve Nash to Houston? That would be a championship team in the making.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Wed May 12, 2004 10:31 am

I thought ya'll were all over getting Steve Nash back to Canada.

Houston is too capped to get both T-Mac and Nash without a complete overhaul and an amazing amount of trading gymnastics. I guess it could be done, financially... which would possibly make the biggest 3-way in the history of the game... Yao, T-Mac and Nash? Holy fuck...

HOWEVER... Dallas... Nowitski, Nash, Finley, McGrady... whoah.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Wed May 12, 2004 1:26 pm

vonkaar wrote:I thought ya'll were all over getting Steve Nash back to Canada.

Houston is too capped to get both T-Mac and Nash without a complete overhaul and an amazing amount of trading gymnastics. I guess it could be done, financially... which would possibly make the biggest 3-way in the history of the game... Yao, T-Mac and Nash? Holy fuck...

HOWEVER... Dallas... Nowitski, Nash, Finley, McGrady... whoah.

Yea, I was not thinking finances, just the available PGs. The only other one, who might be available, after the Hornets exodus from the eastern conference and a possible explosion after their crappy post season play, would be Baron Davis. Might be a good fit in LA though, considering that team will explode next year as well.

But let's not forget about Kobe. Where is he gonna go? Memphis, Clippers maybe? Could be interesting. Imagine the clippers retool with both Baron Davis and Kobe, with Elton Brand and Corey Magette, could be interesting.

Another interesting team, everyone is looking to dump contracts for cap, well you know who has the best cap situation next year? Charlotte. This could be the best expansion team ever. And in the east they could make the playoffs at their first at bat.

And the Nash back to Canada thing is just a pipe dream, the Raptors cap situation is less then good.
Zanchief

Postby Jay » Wed May 12, 2004 3:20 pm

PS - wouldn't it be sweet if Malone and O'Neal went to a team and Stockton came back to help them? they'd win for sure

I would love to see Stockton come back. That guy was one of the dirtiest players in the game and always fun to watch.
Jay

Postby vonkaar » Thu May 13, 2004 7:20 am

fuck he
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu May 13, 2004 9:53 pm

Great game for someone who doesn't care that much, but when fish hit the jumper I was just thinking what Scoota must be thinking.

I hate to say it, but the lakers are gonna win this series and the championship, again.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu May 13, 2004 9:54 pm

yup
good game still
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure