Laker Annoyance..

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Laker Annoyance..

Postby Lyion » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:33 am

Maybe it's just me, but I'm sick of Laker Coverage. Hey, why not cover ALL The NBA teams that are in the playoffs! What a concept. All 4 of the sports shows I watch seem to have a fixation on doing Laker Stories.

I'd really like to see the Lakers get eliminated, so maybe they'll get the fark off the news!
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:34 am

You're allowed to say fuck here.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:37 am

watch the games instead of the news about them
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:44 am

I do watch the games. I also like watching Sports Shows.

Generally, they're insightful and fun.. Mostly background noise as I work at home or do other stuff.

It just seems like a majority of the time the shows I'm watching right now are doing an assload of Laker coverage/stories. I casually watch the NBA playoffs. I'm not deep into it like March Madness, but I like to hear whats going on. I'd like to hear about all the NBA playoff games, not superflous crap about which Laker popped a zit.

Since I don't feel like reading a 34 page liberal cartoon, or discuss the l337 coolness of getting stoned on 4/20, I thought I'd post something different to discuss.

to summarize:

Fuck the Lakers. Stop overcovering them, sportswriter bastards.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:46 am

not trying to get on your nerves or anything but...

they're the team to beat

did you used to get annoyed back in the day when ALL (much more than now) they talked about was the Bulls? they should have renamed every sports show the Michael Jordan Hour
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:48 am

all the sportswriters that read this site will take your message to heart
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tacks » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:50 am

LOL

And yes I hated/hate Da Bulls as much as I hate the Yankees now, that's a lot.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:50 am

they're the team to beat

The defending champs are the team to beat. The reason the Lakers get so much more press than every other team... Including the reigning champions... is because LA is the largest market for the NBA.

San Antonio conversely is the smallest market. It's all about money.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:51 am

The Bulls were never overcovered. Especially when Mikey was playing against Magic, Bird, Akeem, and other All Stars. The last few years they were covered a lot, but nowhere near the amount that the Lakers have been lately.

The last few years of MJ in Chicago, they got a good chunk of coverage, but its not comparable to the Lakers this year.

The Lakers are a good team, and have some insane talent, but really they are beatable.

San Antonio is better than the Lakers, and Sacramento has the best record in the West.

My point is these shows need to give more time to other teams.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:56 am

i disagree heartily that SA is the team to beat, and clearly the sports news does too

weren't they the underdogs last year?

aren't they still the underdog champions this year?

by fame and statistics

Duncan, Ginobli, Horry, Parker, Nesterovic, Bowen and Rose
don't have shit on
O'Neal, Bryant, Malone, Fisher, Fox, Payton, George, Medvedenko and Rush

i can see why the sports news focuses on LA, but i don't really agree with it either

go sacramento and houston!
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:57 am

PS - wouldn't it be sweet if Malone and O'Neal went to a team and Stockton came back to help them? they'd win for sure
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:59 am

They have the trophy and are the reigning National Champions.

There is no more discussion required, no matter what you've seen on TV. They are the team to beat.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:02 pm

just like the Minnesota Twins were the team to beat in '94
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:03 pm

city name sports team
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:06 pm

I see. So the Spurs won the championship in 99... but that should have an asterick because it was a shortened season. Then they win it again, but because they they were an "Underdog" last year it didn't really count right?

Bullshit. It's amazing how little respect the Spurs get.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:10 pm

no all i'm saying is

chamionship /= team to beat
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:12 pm

I disagree... but lets get back to the topic at hand. Fuck the Lakers.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:13 pm

shaq is getting shut down
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:16 pm

That's a huge surprise. I really thought Yao wouldn't be strong enough to hinder Shaq at all. I bet Yao has a short Basketball career though. He spends his summer playing BB in China full time. I imagine playing a competitive professional sport all year long has got to burn someone out pretty quick.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:07 pm

i bet he kills the shit out of those fools in china as he gets more aggressive

or gets called on fouls all the time
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Captain Insano » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:14 pm

basketball is almost as gay as baseball. who gives a shit.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drunnken » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:16 pm

not you so fuck off
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:16 pm

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't post on a thread about the Lackers jackass.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Scoota McGee » Mon May 03, 2004 1:52 pm

Those "Underdog" reigning champion Spurs who haven't lost a game since fucking March, looked pretty damn good yesterday!

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 03, 2004 2:01 pm

Scoota McGee wrote:Those "Underdog" reigning champion Spurs who haven't lost a game since fucking March, looked pretty damn good yesterday!

Tony Parkers was awesome yesterday.

Too bad he's a cowardly Frenchmen.
Zanchief

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure