Vonkaar... (or, NBA talk part 2)

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Vonkaar... (or, NBA talk part 2)

Postby Spliffs » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:00 pm

Your Mavericks are so fucked buddy. I'm just waiting to drop the "I told you so!"

Vonk-edited title =p
Spliffs
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:02 pm

Not to late to jump on the Spurs bandwagon. Besides... aren't you from New Braunfles? That's way closer to SA than Dallas.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:17 pm

New Braunfles in 30 minutes from my house
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:19 pm

And home to some excellent tubbing. I've lost track of the number of my beers Slumber Falls has claimed.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Vonkaar...

Postby Zanchief » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:45 pm

Spliffs wrote:Your Mavericks are so fucked buddy. I'm just waiting to drop the "I told you so!"

I'll do it.

Vonkaar, I told you so.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:36 am

Alright... well...

First off, fuck Toronto. It's bad enough that you are eye-balling our beloved Nash, but now you are looking at our assistant-coach-of-the-year Del Harris for your ailing team? So... yeah. I guess it's easy to laugh at a top 8 team when YOUR team is playing golf... prediction number 3: Dallas will still make the playoffs next year while 'plays-in-the-cushy-East' Toronto will still 'narrowly' miss them.

Anyway...

It's obvious that none of you even watched the Dallas/Sacramento games so far. Yaya, 2-0, 2-0! OMGZ! Big fucking deal... Sac is the second best home team in the league, we are 'supposed' to lose there. We only need 1 win in Sac... which, we 'might' get. Yes, I'm less confident in our ability to win this series, but it's not because I underestimated Sac... or that I overestimated our skill. I'm simply FLOORED at the low-level of play we have brought, especially at the last game.

If ya'll HAD watched the games... you would know JUST HOW CLOSE the series really is. The last game WAS ours until Miller floored us with his freak jumper. Our rookie-sensation (anyone notice that Daniels even got a ROY nomination?) missed a fucking SEVEN lay-ups... including a potentially game-tying shot. Neither Nash nor Finley could shoot for their life... Dirk has been our only unanswerable weapon. We even shut down Christie (their supposed 'unanswerable' weapon).

My point is... the series is MUCH closer than the 2-0 standings would allow. If we had won ONE game of the two, I'd be trumping that all over the place. We are *supposed* to lose in Sac. THEY are *supposed* to lose in Dallas. If they win tomorrow or Sunday (in Dallas), then yes... they 'are' kicking our ass.

You'll notice that throughout the entire league, only ONE visiting team won in the first two-games of their series, and they did it against the supposed 'second best' team in the league (Detroit).

The Milwaukee / Detroit series is surprisingly 'great'. It's the only Eastern-Conferance first-round matchup I'm interested in.

L.A. isn't kicking Houston's ass... that's a much
closer series than the 2-0 record shows.

Everyone else *is* kicking the ass of their opponent... Minnesota is destroying Denver... Indiana is embarrassing Boston... San Antonio will possibly sweep Memphis... etc.

So yeah... to say that Sac is destroying Dallas is simple ignorance. I'll *so* change my mind on this if they beat us IN Dallas, which... the way we've choked on our FG% lately, that might happen.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:11 am

First of all, you have to win on the road to win the playoffs, especially if you don't have home court.

Second, for a person that always complains about people judging YOUR team unfairly you should have a lot ot say about Toronto, a team that I know you know nothing about.

And no one said Dallas was getting destroyed, we are saying we were right that they would lose. And we were.

As for the Raptors not making the playoffs, they led the league in games decided by 7 pts, 3 pts and overtime games, they had the one of the worst benches in the league, they were ravaged by injuries, they have no center (a rookie PF playing the spot) and no point guard, and they still missed the playoffs by 2 games.

It's gonna be an interesting off season for New Orleans and Dallas.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:38 am

Aaaactually, I *like* the Raptors just fine... always have. I just wish they'd stop eyeballing MY team for prospects... it's annoying. As for judging... MY bitch about the league's opinion of Dallas is simply 'home-court' favoritism. I wonder what OTHER fans think of Dirk... is he as beast-like to them as he is for us? Do they view him in the same light that we view Stoy?

Zanchief wrote:no one said Dallas was getting destroyed

Spliffs wrote:Your Mavericks are so fucked

That's what I'm talking about... 'fucked' implies that we are currently being destroyed... which is clearly not the case. We lost two very close games in the second most dominating home-court in the league. Now, they are coming to the number ONE home-court.

Ya'll are somewhat contradicting yourselves here... you say that you HAVE to win on the road to win a playoff series... yet, Sacramento is 'definitely' going to beat us now. They have no home wins yet. Dallas has no home wins yet. Other than the fact that we are down 2 games, it's still a fairly open series. True, Sac has the luxury of 4 home games, so... technically, they *don't* have to win a single road game... but... playing out to a seven game series is hardly being 'fucked'. We won last year in seven...

I've been 50/50 on my predictions lately, but... I'll say that Dallas will win both home games, and then the series will be 'open' again. However, if Sac wins one of the games, it's over... they'll win game 5 and we'll be blown out in an embarrassing first round knockout.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:42 am

vonkaar wrote:we'll be blown out in an embarrassing first round knockout.

So we are in agreement
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:44 am

shrug... if you are predicting a Sac victory this weekend, then yes.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:46 am

GO GO CAVALIERS
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:01 am

And Fuck you for Vankaar for making me defend the Raptors in a week when I vowed to speak no good words about MLSE and all it's subsidiaries.
Zanchief

Postby Scoota McGee » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:14 am

El bastardo. I was getting ready to pass you in post count Vonk, but you added 10000 posts to yourself. :cussing:

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Snero » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:15 am

zanchief is a dirty leafs fan
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:22 am

snero wrote:zanchief is a dirty leafs fan

Nein
Zanchief

Postby Snero » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:24 am

next year, the clippers and the hawks in the final
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Rzail » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:44 am

Knicks all the way! Well...I am a true fan at least :)
Rzail
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:55 am

Rzail wrote:Knicks all the way! Well...I am a true fan at least :)

I hope Tim Thomas makes a speedy recovery so he can start a fight.

WUWUWU Hockey Night in New York~
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:56 am

I think that the Knicks will be one of the only first-round sweeps this year...
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:00 am

vonkaar wrote:I think that the Knicks will be one of the only first-round sweeps this year...

Dallas?
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:18 am

So... you think Sac will win both of the next two away games?
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:24 am

vonkaar wrote:So... you think Sac will win both of the next two away games?

No.

I was being funny.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:26 am

I find no humor. Any negative comment towards Dallas is received as a non-funny.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:27 am

vonkaar wrote:I find no humor. Any negative comment towards Dallas is received as a non-funny.

Your loss.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:29 am

no
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Next

Return to Sports and LEEZure