Vonkaar... (or, NBA talk part 2)

Where everyone discusses football, and two dorks try to pretend people actually like the NBA and spam what should be in PMs.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:34 am

vonkaar wrote:no

How did you survive in the 90s? The mav's were a joke until Cuban came around.
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:44 am

We rooted for the Spurs =p. We have a sportscaster here that did a report back in... 97 I think. His findings were that the Mavs were the third losingest professional team in the 90s (up to that point). The 'doormat' of the league, some called us...

Cuban made a lot of mistakes, but... yeah... for the most part (99.5%), he's the Messiah in Dallas. Aaaand to think, he wanted to buy the Stars first but fucking Hicks said no.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Scoota McGee » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:00 pm

We rooted for the Spurs

Still not to late. Plenty of room on the bandwagon. All you need to do is admit you love Bruce Bowen.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Snero » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:13 pm

I won't cheer for the spurs until they bring back vinnie del negro
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Spliffs » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:14 pm

My post was simple and you derived a lot of things from it I never said Vonk! By saying you're fucked, I simply ment that Dallas is going to lose, cause I don't think they have the testicular fortitude to come back from 2-0.

Lose by 40 points, or lose by 2 points, you still lose!

Although, after seeing the way the T-wolves are going apeshit in the playoffs, i think I might be having to change my pick anyway.
Spliffs
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Scoota McGee » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:15 pm

I always like Steve "The outside threat" Kerr too. You have to love little white guys who can play professional basketball
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:18 pm

Scoota McGee wrote:You have to love little white guys who can play professional basketball

Only if you are gay.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:19 pm

My fav Spur of all time is Sean Elliott. I'll never forget the three-pointer he got on his tip-toes and his heels over the sidelines to win the game.
Zanchief

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:20 pm

And 'The Iceman'
Zanchief

Postby Spliffs » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:27 pm

Avery Johnson was the best spur ever. I'm a big fan of genuinely nice people.
Spliffs
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Scoota McGee » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:29 pm

How can you say Genuinely Nice and not mention The Admiral?

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Spliffs » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:30 pm

Point well taken
Spliffs
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Scoota McGee » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:33 pm

Spurs have always been a "Class" team... except for Rodman of course. But he really never fit in with the Spurs team environment and didn't stick around very long.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:52 pm

BRUCE BOWEN IS ALL ABOUT CLASS! yay!
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:53 pm

vonkaar wrote:BRUCE BOWEN IS ALL ABOUT CLASS! yay!

Vonk, I think you need to repost the jump kick to Wally's face.
Zanchief

Postby Scoota McGee » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:55 pm

That clip doesn't show the whole story. Wally had a tsetse fly on his nose. Had Bruce not acted quickly he would have been stricken by the sleeping sickness.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:56 pm

Scoota McGee wrote:That clip doesn't show the whole story. Wally had a tsetse fly on his nose. Had Bruce not acted quickly he would have been stricken by the sleeping sickness.

Hero~
Zanchief

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:00 pm

The globally loved, honorable Vonkaar wrote:Tell me that this isnt' cheap:
Oops! Sorry about that Wally...

There are 3 teams that boo him when he enters the court... he's dirty... WAY dirty on the court. I TOTALLY understand that this is just 'life' in the NBA, but even the players think he's dirty.

A quote from Nellie..
Don Nelson wrote:"You can put me down now as one of the many who have called him dirty," Nelson said. "I've never cast an aspersion toward Bruce Bowen – but he's a dirty player. And I'll remember it. I'm shocked he wasn't suspended."

From Finley:
Michael Finley wrote:"You look at Ben Wallace or Dikembe Mutombo, they don't ever play dirty," Finley said. "They get into guys in the flow of the game. But when you give a cheap shot away from the play, that's not basketball."

Another superstar in the NBA speaks out:
Ray Allen wrote:"I was at a point where I wanted to fight him," Allen said after Seattle's 96-90 defeat at KeyArena last month. "I wasn't thinking about playing basketball. I wanted to fight him."

He's cheap... He's a little guy that wants to get physical with bigger guys. Too often, it's key players that the opponent can't live without. He's thoroughly pissed off Wally Sczerbiack, Ray Allen, Vince Carter and now Michael Finley. None of those guys are known whiners... it's one thing if Barkley calls someone cheap, he wouldn't flinch at calling Mother Teresa cheap. Sure Ray and Vince are a little soft, but Finley? Finley NEVER snaps... he's one of the most calm and collected players on the court. He's also the cornerstone of Dallas' defense.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Scoota McGee » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:01 pm

More so for stoically suffering the abuse he takes for his selfless actions.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby vonkaar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:02 pm

HAH! My timely post screwed up your reply to Zanchief!!! OMG I WIN!!!
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Menelvir » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:06 pm

Maybe they could convince Dwayne Schintzius to come out of retirement
to replace Bruce Bowen.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Jirig » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:12 pm

Laughing irl here~
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

While we're talking about class/nice guys

Postby IgraineShedra » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:25 pm

How about Kevin Johnson? One of the truly great people in NBA history, and an f'ing phenomenonal point guard. I remember the series with Houston where no one could stop him and he f'ing dunked on Olajuwon.
IgraineShedra
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

And while we we're on the Sac/Dallas subject

Postby IgraineShedra » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:28 pm

This is the most pointless series in the Western Conference. Both of these teams are a chokefest waiting to happen, a la the Blazers of the 90s.
IgraineShedra
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Scoota McGee » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:26 am

Again no love for the defending champs. You better watch the Spurs choke crap. Bruce Bowen is actually a ninja and he just might flip out and jump kick you like Walley.

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

PreviousNext

Return to Sports and LEEZure