Ok so what's the deal.

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Ok so what's the deal.

Postby Vipsindsyg » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:02 pm

I recently (2 months ago?) started playing WoW for fun, I decided to make a rogue because.. well.. I always played one in EQ - I started on a pvp server and got 60 pretty fast, and have since then just been pvp'ing - however, it has come to my attention that my server has 2-3 teams (at the most) doing wsg/ab on the alliance side, and they are of course premade(homoerotic) teams. This results in horde never winning wsg/ab, and queue times being completely ridiculous for a pvp server.

I figured though, that if I just kept at it, I'd eventually get rank 14 regardless, but alas - I was wrong ! My server is infested by chinese people, and it has resulted in immense abuse :[ not only does half the chinese guilds use anti-afk macro's, but the two large guilds also meet up and kill each other for free honor, without it being even remotely close to "legit" pvp'ing.
This pretty much means that until they have all gotten the ranks they want, the rest of the server is just shit out of luck. After finding out, I figured that hey.. atleast Blizzard gives a shit about their game compared to Sony/Everquest, right? Wrong ! After petitioning 100 people, after posting videos of the chinese players anti-afk'ing, pvp kill trading and other misc abuse, nothing has been done, and it's very frustrating.

So uh.. all in all, what the fuck is the point in playing this piece of shit game? I know I could just reroll on another server, but I really dont feel like playing another character up, just because of cheaters/abusers and gm's not doing anything about it.

ps I'm on euro wow, laughing skull>_<
Vipsindsyg
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Thon » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:57 pm

WoW pvp is a fucking joke.

:balloons: let's all play capture the flag! :balloons:
Lyion wrote:Unfortunately, Arabs are notorious cowards and these are people who are easily knuckled under.
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jeddas » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:11 am

Rank 14 isnt a PvP acomplishment, its a trench war with who can sit in bg's the longest.
Jeddas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jeddas » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:12 am

I'm on US laughing skull, its a pretty decent server now that the leeroy fanbois have died down.
Jeddas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Biph_Dawgy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:26 am

i am on emerald dream, i have been helping my warrior friend achieve rank 14... he should be 13 this tuesday, the 3-4 people who pvp more then him are slowing down so acouple more weeks and he should be 14.... btw ms warrior in BG is so much fun
Biph_Dawgy
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Jazendar » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:51 am

People still play this game?
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Ouchyfish » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:42 pm

Yeah, over 6 million people in fact.

I would say from a business perspective that it was an ungodly success, regardless of what the EQ4lyfe crowd here says.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jeddas » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm

Every player that had MMO experience prior to WoW that I have talked to, (my entire guild is full of these old hardcore UO players that preach all the same) say that their mmo was SOOOO much better untill... xx expantion, or whatnot.

I miss EQ in many respects, but I wont even try and compare that game to WoW.
Jeddas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions