New Servers and new wow.com

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

New Servers and new wow.com

Postby Lyion » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:28 am

Ordinn wrote: We wanted to let you know that we are aware of the performance issues some players have been experiencing recently, including: realm queues, slow character-list retrieval, and loot lag, and keep you informed of the steps we’re taking to alleviate the problems. During the holiday season, thousands of new players created accounts and many players reactivated their dormant accounts, pushing our daily concurrency to the highest levels we have seen since World of Warcraft launched. This increase in concurrency increased pressure on our systems, causing the issues listed above.

We began preparing for this increase in players prior to the holidays, and we would like to share our plans with you. The first step is to target some of our ongoing code improvements specifically at decreasing pressure on World of Warcraft’s system infrastructure. We have been making and will continue to make code improvements throughout the life of the game, but our goal with these specific changes will be to help streamline how item creation impacts the database, which will help mitigate some of the issues. The second and more impactful step will be to add new hardware to increase performance. This increase will significantly improve the current level of performance, and, combined with the code improvements, should alleviate the issues listed above.

In order to accommodate the further growth of our player base, we have plans in motion to open a new World of Warcraft site a few months from now. This will allow us to bring a large number of new realms online for the new players, as well as any players who join in anticipation of The Burning Crusade. In addition, we will begin to replace our current systems with the newest top-of-the-line components, with the goal of further increasing performance across all realms.

As always, we remain committed to delivering the best possible service for you, and we will do everything necessary to ensure that World of Warcraft continues to provide an experience that you have to come to expect from all Blizzard games. We appreciate your patience as we work to make the changes discussed here over the weeks and months ahead.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:35 am

I started a shaman on one of the new pvp servers on the "new hardware". Was getting 38ms in Orgrimmar.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Biph_Dawgy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:33 am

tacks rest of the Nameless guild crew join you? or you just messing around?
Biph_Dawgy
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:27 pm

95% of the nameless guild quit after the first 3 months. Those that are still around are spread out onto 5-6 different guilds.

Anyways here's a screenshot of me on the "new hardware" servers

Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:52 pm

Largest bunch of us together are in Nameless Crusade, right?

I dont even know who is still left on the server.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby xKALECx » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:58 pm

If you guys play late night let me know. I am stuck with 3 60's on Garona. Was playing with a TON of locals, but some quit, some went to other guilds, and some became assholes.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tacks » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:20 pm

Darcler wrote:Largest bunch of us together are in Nameless Crusade, right?

I dont even know who is still left on the server.

That's what, 4 actual NT players in Nameless Crusade?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:26 pm

Sopor, Mahler, Tris, me, Strauss......that's 5 :)

I was asking in honesty. Besides Adi, who I dont think plays anymore, you and IF, I dont know any more Nameless people.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Lyion » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:22 am

Seems there are at least 4 or 5 of us on Blackhand.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions