Like LS, I think I give in too....

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Like LS, I think I give in too....

Postby mofish » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:12 pm

Gimme some newb advice!

My RL friends are sticking with WoW after my unsuccessful attempts to get them into EQ2. So Im probably re-activating. Alliance.

I only played, maybe 2 months, highest level char was 20 I think. Im sure things have changed since then.

There are so many people playing WoW, is there such thing as a rare class? Or are all classes populated roughly equally?

Any class a slow-levelling group really NEEDS to get to 60?

Do Druids heal as well as Priests? Do you absolutely need a healer to get to 60? Like EQ?

How are Warlocks these days? And is there anything sweeter than their flaming (not homo, but flaming nonetheless) mounts?
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Like LS, I think I give in too....

Postby Lyion » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:22 pm

No class is rare, unless you are on a low pop server.

Levelling in WOW is not like EQ or EQ2. It is easy and fast, and is actually better most times solo.

Druids heal well, but not as well as priests. Well enough with Resto spec to serve as healer in most instances.

Warlocks are the current uber class in game.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Every class levels roughly at the same rate, depending on your play style.
You dont need a priest in every group, though they are nice for shields and extra healing goodness they now have.
Shamen are watered down healers but great for totems. Druids are slightly below priests in healing and do mucho dps.

A difference between WoW and EQ is that you dont need a set group of classes to fill an exp group. To level up, you would do just as fine with 5 hunters as you would with one of every class.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Mop » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:02 pm

i <3 my priest we are sick.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby mofish » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:33 am

Mop wrote:i <3 my priest we are sick.

Ive never seriously played a healer. I came close in EQ2, EQ2 healers are great.

Do you mean sick as in you heal lots of damage, or sick as in dps, or utility, or what.

Whats with this shadow priest shit? DPS Priest?
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Agrajag » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:14 pm

I miss being a shadow priest. Holy spec'd now and only good for grouping. Can't solo a decrepit hound without healing myself.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tuggan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:17 pm

lyion wrote:Warlocks are the current uber class in game.

Then why do I see so many god damn hunters? :(

I love my warlock, hes only like 30 though.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:45 pm

because hunters are fun
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:52 pm

Priests got revamped and given a whole slew of new shit.

I dont know how the Shadow priests are anymore, I am specced Holy, but before the revamp I sucked some ASS at PVP, and now I can solo a good 2 people before I die a horrible death due to no mana to heal myself anymore.
You do a whole lot more damage, can heal yourself quicker and in different ways, etc.

I, like mop, <3 my priest now.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby mofish » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:28 pm

HMMM

decisions decisionzzzzzzzz

Think mostly Ill be grouped with 2 warriors and a hunter, though sometimes the second warrior will be other classes I think, he is the guy of a thousand alts. He didnt make it to 50+ in EQ1 til like, late 2003, one of those guys.

How about this? Is there a class that stands out graphically?

Who has the best spell effects?
Who has the coolest looking grear at 60?

Cant stand looking goofy, even if Im powerful, Im such a vain cocksucker :(
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Mop » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:43 pm

i can lead in DPS or in healing depends on the group i love my priest . always something to do other than auto shoot~
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Darcler » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:16 pm

mofish wrote:HMMM

decisions decisionzzzzzzzz

Think mostly Ill be grouped with 2 warriors and a hunter, though sometimes the second warrior will be other classes I think, he is the guy of a thousand alts. He didnt make it to 50+ in EQ1 til like, late 2003, one of those guys.

How about this? Is there a class that stands out graphically?

Who has the best spell effects?
Who has the coolest looking grear at 60?

Cant stand looking goofy, even if Im powerful, Im such a vain cocksucker :(

No class stands out.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby xKALECx » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:54 pm

lyion wrote:Druids heal well, but not as well as priests. Well enough with Resto spec to serve as healer in most instances.

Warlocks are the current uber class in game.

Equipped right and specced correctly Druids are sometimes much more efficient healers. My druid plays part as main healer in most things we do. 27heal crit percentage, 80'ish mana per tick, and TONS of blue/purple healing gear + innervate make for a healing machine.

I also have a 60 warlock and currently they are killing machines. Just a pain in the ass when compared to most other classes to play. In all honesty though, they are a lot like playing a chanter/druid in terms of playability in EQ. Lots of utility and not as easy as targetting and hitting attack and going afk.

If you want a class that is great in pve and pvp and VERY capable of standalone or group play, I'd suggest a warlock. They will at least keep you interested!
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby mofish » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:15 pm

Good deal Kalec, that was my first impulse anyway.

First character I started in WoW was a warlock. Also have always been partial to pet classes, levelled two necros in EQ1 to 60+ and an EQ2 necro to 42.

Having said that, the warlock pet tree is called demonology right? Is it a good tree to concentrate on?

Do their pets look cool? :angel:
You were right Tikker. We suck.
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jazendar » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Rogue > all, start one, level it to 15, then from there the game picks up and you'll never go back.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tuggan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:58 pm

mofish wrote:Good deal Kalec, that was my first impulse anyway.

First character I started in WoW was a warlock. Also have always been partial to pet classes, levelled two necros in EQ1 to 60+ and an EQ2 necro to 42.

Having said that, the warlock pet tree is called demonology right? Is it a good tree to concentrate on?

the warlock pets fuckin rock, the succubus cracks me up. smacks her own ass and moans and shit.

voidwalker is kinda lame, big blue fuckin blob.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Darcler » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:29 pm

Warlock pets are really neat.

I like the weird dog thing, looks like a cross of a heart and the dog things from Ghostbusters.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Narrock » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:05 pm

Tuggan wrote:

the warlock pets fuckin rock, the succubus cracks me up. smacks her own ass and moans and shit.

voidwalker is kinda lame, big blue fuckin blob.

The Voidwalker owns for soloing. He has massive HP's and holds aggro.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tuggan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:51 pm

I play on a pvp server, and ganking is rampant. I cant use my voidwalker much cause it hits for next to nothing. The sacrifice is nice for the damage absorb, but I prefer the succubus or felhunter for the sneaky people who like to grief.

but yeah, back when i was real little and got to hunt in alliance territory the voidwalker rocked for solo hunting.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby xKALECx » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:28 pm

Yeah some will tell you to go affliction, but I disagree. I lvl'd up with demonology with points in improved void and my "blue blob" could hold 3-4 mobs off me while I just dotted/lifetapped them down.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:00 pm

Tuggan wrote:I play on a pvp server, and ganking is rampant. I cant use my voidwalker much cause it hits for next to nothing. The sacrifice is nice for the damage absorb, but I prefer the succubus or felhunter for the sneaky people who like to grief.

but yeah, back when i was real little and got to hunt in alliance territory the voidwalker rocked for solo hunting.

Yeah, the Succubus owns for the Alliance wannabe gankers. I killed one hunter over and over again by sicking my Succubus on him. He couldn't pop off any arrows lol. After he tried to gank me, and I killed him for the 7th time in a row, he finally came back with 12 Alliance geeks.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions