Innervate a core ability for druids at lvl 40 in patch 1.11

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Innervate a core ability for druids at lvl 40 in patch 1.11

Postby xKALECx » Tue May 02, 2006 1:39 pm

When patch 1.11 releases, Innervate will become a base ability for all Druids, trainable at level 40. Once the patch is live, any Druid who formerly had the Innervate talent will instead have the "Swiftmend" talent, which has been added to the Druid Restoration tree, replacing Innervate as the 31 point talent. This new ability will consume a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect to produce an instant heal.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-druid&t=863036&s=blizzard&tmp=1#blizzard
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Tue May 02, 2006 2:15 pm

outstanding!

Time to respec

Swiftmend sounds a lot like Natures Swiftness
Last edited by Lyion on Tue May 02, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Maeya » Tue May 02, 2006 2:18 pm

Yeah it does. I'll have to look at respeccing as well... 44 in resto does not make for extremely easy soloing. =/
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby xKALECx » Tue May 02, 2006 2:51 pm

lyion wrote:outstanding!

Time to respec

Swiftmend sounds a lot like Natures Swiftness

Yeah, but it's a TOTAL complete heal and mana free. That also gives us an instant heal every 2 1/2 minutes.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Tue May 02, 2006 3:01 pm

I predict massive priest bitching!

I may respec Feral or Balance now, since innervate is free and clear. I certainly don't need an instant.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Treehorn » Wed May 03, 2006 6:11 am

I haven't seen any spell details posted anyplace on Swiftmend yet, but it sounds to be the mirror image of the Warlock Destruction 31-pointer Conflagrate.

If a target has Immolate DoT effect on it, you may cast Conflag to consume the effect, yielding something like a 450-560'ish point instant cast DD at max rank(4), for 250 mana and a 10-sec. cooldown. Nice thing is, you can still get max rank Conflag off of any rank of Immolate, even rank 1. Basically giving you a 250 mana, 2 sec cast nuke every 10 seconds.
Not too shabby.

Will be interesting to see how Swiftmend compares. If it will also work off of rank 1 spells, toss on rank 1 Rejuv, wait for the 1-sec global cooldown, and fire up Swiftmend for a modest heal or like 6-700'ish points base at max rank? Sounds sort of like a mid-rank Flash Heal or Lesser Healing Wave, but with a little more work to cast.

Question is, if you have Rejuv and Regrowth on the same target, which HoT will it consume first? Will there be a spell priority (Rejuv always before Regrowth? Reversed?) , or will it just eat whatever it encounters first, like a single dispel? Hmmm.

Very curious.

Almost makes me want to start working on my druid again. Almost.

P.S.- Fuck the people on the official forums bitching about Innervate becoming a core skill. zomgz!1 some else got a cookie1! wrz minez?!2 blzz h8z me!1 /wrists. Miserable lot of douche pumps.
Now our resident feral guy can pop out long enough to innervate me (should I need it), then go back to playing rogue-lite, and everyone is happy.

P.P.S.- My druid, who was 41 when I rolled my priest, is still the same level 7 months after my priest has turned 60. Swiftmend could be even nicer than Conflagrate, but I still wouldn't trade unlimited OoC rezzing, flash heal, PoHeal, Gheal, FADE, shield, etc. for it and the rest of the druid toolset.
If I had a priest buddy who I could trust, and run lots of 5-mans with (I <3 5-man Instances), I would be really tempted, but someone has to be the priest buddy, and it looks like I'm still it.
I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK!
Treehorn
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Agrajag » Wed May 03, 2006 7:17 am

I don't really see too many priests bitching about a free heal for druids. They'll still be sub-par healers compared to a holy spec'd priest.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Wed May 03, 2006 7:20 am

You're missing the malice that is present in so many WOW idiots.

Bitching about this makes no sense.. But people still will.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Wed May 03, 2006 11:45 am

Actually, on alliance side, priests don't hate druids so much, and still won't after the change. The reason is, druids are still seen as "casters", and have the same aggro difficulties priests do, only worse, cause druids don't get Fade. No, the real target of hatred for Alliance priests is Paladins. Why? How about a list:

1) Cleanse. Cleanse blows the hell out of dispel magic for defensive purposes. Half the cost & cures poison and disease at the same time, and priests can't even cure poison at all.
2) Mana efficiency of heals. Flash of Light is the most mana-effecient heal in the game, bar none. Of course, priests never look at the fact that we almost never actually USE it, because for 1sec of extra casting we can go from healing 500 to healing 2000.
3) Aggro issues. Paladins simply cannot gain aggro from mobs simply by healing if anyone else is doing damage to the mobs. It's hard-coded that way to prevent pallies from having easy-mode tanking by using heal-aggro to hold the mob's attention.
4) Survivability. Frequently paladins will end up being main/only healers on tough bosses, especially ones with lots of adds, as paladins can survive being hit, priests go squish. Oh, and invuln-bubble is rather nicer than fade.

Of course, 9/10 paladins didn't want to be EQ clerics (priests in plate), but that's how Blizzard made the class, and made it even moreso with the 1.9 changes. Those changes are a topic for a different thread, however. I'm still pissed about them, though.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Treehorn » Wed May 03, 2006 2:00 pm

You know, I really don't get where all the bile is coming from with these people on the official boards... bunch of spoiled, idiot children with their gaping vaginas spraying shit all over the boards.

I like grouping with druids, I had some fun playing my druid, I just didn't like the prospect of the long post-40 grind (which may or may not still be completely terrible post 1.8), and where mine would end up once I made 60.

Pallies I'm indifferent to. I'm not on their faction, and I don't pvp. They're not stepping on my toes. I just wish Horde had more than one dispel class for pve, help take share some of the workload on a boss fight here and there, so we don't have to bring 5 priests with us...

They both bring some pretty sweet utilities to the table. I would be lying to say I wouldn't love for priests to get their mitts on abilities like Cleanse, Innervate, Nature's Swiftness, heals hard-coded not to gain aggro, Illumination (that's the one that gives you like a free heal cast after a heal crit, or something to that effect, yeah?), better armor, more hp, etc. for my priest, but I'm not jealous or spiteful about it. Somehow, I manage to muddle through with what I have, so that's alright.

I think I could enjoy playing a paladin though, if it weren't for the whole needing to play Alliance thing.

Pally review seemed to go a lot like the priest one- you just know they only even bothered to put on test for show, had every inetention of going live with what they had, and zero regard for feedback.

I'm pretty sure there still hasn't been a blue post of any substance on the priest forums since before 1.10 hit the PTR.
I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK!
Treehorn
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Shneider » Wed May 03, 2006 4:10 pm

Aye, while it's a definite boon to balance and feral druids, how much spirit do you find on +damage or feral gear? Not much. All the 'oomkin' will learn pretty quickly who gets the most economy out of innervate.

Swiftmend sounds interesting though. I'm curious to see if crits/Improved Regrowth have any effect on the amount healed.
Shneider
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions