World of Warcraft passes 50% total market share

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Naethyn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:09 pm

Do you play on a pvp server ginz?
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:09 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:It's like arguing why one film is better than another when the person you are debating with has only seen one of the films in question.

Conan the Barbarian is better. It doesn't matter what the other movie is.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:15 pm

Do you play on a pvp server ginz?

Nope, PVE.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:31 pm

you should see all the cool guys on pvp
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:31 pm

Your posts prove death in WOW is completely meaningless, Arlos. Nice attempt to spin, but it doesn't work. You don't lose exp in WOW. You yourself don't lose anything currently from raiding because your guild 100% subsidizes you. Please explain what about WOWs deaths are anything but trivial when its apparent you've NEVER lost almost anything?

Your analogy about EQ is completely off topic and misses the point, but oh well. I guess your world encompasses just you.

If death in WOW is easy and meaningless for 99.999% of the user base, almost everyone would classify it as trivial?

You keep referencing LOS, yet the only two other LOS posters in this thread disagreed with you and have corrected you.

Actually, the only person that corrected me was Rey, and he only pointed out ONE incident where 1 person lost a few levels, and that was before I ever joined, so I didn't know about it. Show me where any LOS person has disagreed with anything I've said about the triviality of death from the time I joined in Kunark onward.

Your entire point hinges on showing that death in EQ was highly non-trivial. My illustrations about the penalty for death among members of LOS is to show that for us, death WAS trivial. Thus, the triviality or non-triviality of death in EQ was ENTIRELY related to the guild or group that you were associated with.

Obviously, for the guilds you were in, death WAS non-trivial. That's not a function of the GAME however. That's a function of the incompetance of the guild in question. For a competant guild, death *WAS* trivial.

So, lets examine this again. 2 groups, A and B. Both groups playing the same game. For group A death is trivial, for group B, death is non-trivial. So, OBVIOUSLY, it must be the GAME that makes death non-trivial! Riiiiight.

You're right, for me in WoW right now, death is fairly trivial, because of the guild I am in. For other people in other guilds, death is NON-trivial.

Funny, that seems just like EQ to me...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:33 pm

No thanks.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:

No thanks.

I thought so.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:38 pm

Troll.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:41 pm

Naethyn9 wrote:The life of a cool guy must be so hard.

hahah this guys is my new favorite hero...

Anyone get the feeling its Taxx in disguise?
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:42 pm

EQ had sanctuary and Kylin Eyes...It will always be the harder game.

Thread over.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:44 pm

hahah this guys is my new favorite hero...

Anyone get the feeling its Taxx in disguise?

Yep, being that he came out of no where, is stalking me and has absolutely nothing to offer any discussion, it probably is.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:58 pm

Nevermind, he's just some random Ginz stalker that was in Euphoria.

Rewzer / Naethyn

I'll tell spifits you said "hi" btw. He's my roomate.

Troll.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:00 pm

Awsome. Spifits is good shit.

He play wow with you?
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:21 pm

Nah, he plays EQII on the new PVP server that opened up there. I think he just hit 61 with his templar.

I tried it for a little while but my computer was gimping it's way through it so I decided to cut my loss and return to WoW. EQII is a good game if your system can play it.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:32 pm

Agreed. I was having great fun playing a ranger, but I felt overpowered. Multishot is just to own with 9 diff procs that can go off on each arrow. I would kill people in one hit at level 45. Its strange how procs on weapons can proc off a bow.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:33 pm

I was playing a dirge and only made it to like 31 before I quit.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:38 pm

The tradeskill system is also superior to any other I have done.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:11 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:Tikker, let me know when you get on Cthun and then we'll have a discussion about it.

WoW bored me to tears

I quit when BWL was opened
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:25 pm

Tikker wrote:
Ginzburgh wrote:Tikker, let me know when you get on Cthun and then we'll have a discussion about it.

WoW bored me to tears

I quit when BWL was opened

Farming ragnaros and av just got boring. After that I sat out front of IF dueling. That was fun for a few months then I quit.

Over all I think that BG ruined the game for me. When people gained ranks from non instanced killing the game was much more fun.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:39 pm

The problem with strictly non-instanced PVP-rank gaining is that it clearly advantaged a few classes. Any class that was primarily a healer was screwed, as were any non-ranged classes such as warriors. Of course, mages & hunters owned it up, cause they could gather honor hand over fist without ever having to put themselves at much risk.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:54 pm

And the exansion is coming in October. There will probably be a lot more to do then.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:41 pm

ive heard rumors of more world pvp coming. Controleld areas giving all players in said area buffs as a reward. I miss tauren mill.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Naethyn » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:51 am

arlos wrote:The problem with strictly non-instanced PVP-rank gaining is that it clearly advantaged a few classes. Any class that was primarily a healer was screwed, as were any non-ranged classes such as warriors. Of course, mages & hunters owned it up, cause they could gather honor hand over fist without ever having to put themselves at much risk.

-Arlos

Thats only if you did hillsbrad.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:10 pm

arlos wrote:The problem with strictly non-instanced PVP-rank gaining is that it clearly advantaged a few classes. Any class that was primarily a healer was screwed, as were any non-ranged classes such as warriors. Of course, mages & hunters owned it up, cause they could gather honor hand over fist without ever having to put themselves at much risk.

-Arlos

no, the problem with non-instanced pvp is that there was nothing to gain

"winning" had absolutely no impact on the game at all
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:50 pm

So what does AV running 1000 times a day impact? Very few mmo actually change with player driven events if thats what your talking about.

Non instaced pvp is not knowing when you will be killed or when you will kill somone else. Something that cannot be experienced on a pve server.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions