Is Illadin a PVP server? I want to join Serenity Now

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Is Illadin a PVP server? I want to join Serenity Now

Postby Captain Insano » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Serenity Now are those guys that ruined that funeral...Well, thats my type of guild.

Are those guys still around and do they play on a PVP server?

I'm thinking about picking WoW back up. Frankly, its the only MMO with any potential right now. Hopefully they will bring out hero classes someday.

Where are you all playing by the way? I'm curious.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gidan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:16 pm

Illadin is a pvp server. Lots of the people I work with play on that server.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Captain Insano » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:20 pm

Fucking sweet. Thanks!

I might go check that out... Now lets turn this into a PVP thread...

What would be some solid PVP leveling duo of characters?

Can a rogue and someone else duo effectively?

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Menlaan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:24 pm

I just started as an undead priest on windrunner. Level 11 now. Leveling is going so quickly, but it is really pretty fun!

I haven't grouped yet so I haven't really met anyone aside from the polite chit-chat when I randomly give a buff as I'm running through town.
Menlaan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:26 pm

Rogue/priest would be pretty sweet duo Ralph.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Maeya » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:32 pm

Rogue/druid would be awesome on a PVP server. That's the most recent combo I leveled up with Ugz. We can do nearly anything with that combo.

Both can stealth, so you can sneak into various areas. Druid can heal, or do DPS, or even tank. They have dots and faerie fire to help beat other rogues. Druids can also cure curses and poisons, which is extremely useful. And rogues are just awesome at PVP all around.

We both play on Durotan, which is PVE.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:00 pm

Rogue/Druid would be more effective than Rogue/Priest IMO

I doubt the game has changed that much since I quit.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Captain Insano » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:02 pm

Zanchief wrote:Rogue/priest would be pretty sweet duo Ralph.

awesome... for leveling up should priest be holy or the other one?

oh and I really do want to go play with those awful assholes on Illadin, but they are on Alliance side.. What is the best rogue race for alliance?

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:16 pm

Shadow priest for duo and PVP.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Harrison » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:41 pm

Go gnome, being able to take off snare etc. rocks
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Agrajag » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:05 am

Harrison wrote:Go gnome, being able to take off snare etc. rocks
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Gidan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:39 pm

gnome rogues rule. They are tiny and a bitch to target. For those people playing in 1st person, you are almost invisable if your really close to them.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:42 pm

Very cool gnome it is. I think the rogue / druid combo might be the win. I'm going to see if I can convince gaazy or goosse to team up with me.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Maeya » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:33 pm

Hasselhoff wrote:Very cool gnome it is. I think the rogue / druid combo might be the win. I'm going to see if I can convince gaazy or goosse to team up with me.

A rogue/druid combo will be extremely difficult to beat. It's a very powerful combination.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Dylan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:29 pm

I hear Paladin is a good class if you don't like taking damage ever.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:17 pm

hahah... for some reason I'm not too interested in paladin's. I've alwasy digged the rogue and high DPS classes.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:33 pm

Yeah, don't play a paladin if you ever want to actually kill anyone. You are incredibly hard to kill, but your DPS output is so negligible as to be nonexistant. So, you end up doing nothing but sitting back and healing & cleansing all day.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:15 am

Unfortunatly, paladins cannot stop a fleeing horde.
Fortunatly, paladins often make horde flee.

A group of paladins can take out any other group in the game. It is simply impossible to kill them currently.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:57 am

Naethyn9 wrote:Unfortunatly, paladins cannot stop a fleeing horde.
Fortunatly, paladins often make horde flee.

A group of paladins can take out any other group in the game. It is simply impossible to kill them currently.

I find that paladins are only second to mages/priests (they are tied for first) easiest to kill on my hunter. Loladins are the sux if they have no mana. Their DPS is that of a mosquito.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:06 am

Any paladin who doesnt instantly cure viper sting is a total moron. Paladins win through attrition.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:24 am

I basically never lose to hunters in duels, ever. The combination of cleanse and Blessing of Freedom just about completely negates most of their crowd control (wing clip, concussive shot), a fair amount of their DPS and anti-class abilities (DOTs, mana drain, etc.), and with DS, we can even get out of ice block, if necessary. To take out a paladin you need really good burst DPS, and that's where hunters are not good. Hunters are excellent sustained DPS, not burst DPS.

One of these days, I would like to try taking a team of 10 paladins into WSG and see what happens. I have a sneaking suspicion that the horde would whine lots, tho. heh.

Still, I stand by my comment to Ralf, who said he wanted to play a high-DPS class. That's something a paladin is NOT. Even my paladin, who's running around with a Thunderfury, doesn't qualify as that high of DPS, certainly not burst DPS.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am

I have lots of experience playing against a paladin as a hunter. Mireadur and I dueled a thousand times over. He is by far the best player I have ever seen. To beat him I have to use every available technique and they all have to be performed flawlessly.

One thing that really helped was to constantly send the level 20 viper sting. It costs like no mana and most pal's dont even tell the difference. It drains very minimal but the ratio of that to the cure was better. Spam that keep distance and let pet dps. In any case it resulted in long fights.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:33 am

Oddly enough, I use the same tactic to kill paladins as I do druids. Very similar classes in abilities and strengths.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:56 am

Ahh, Mireadure, that spanish bastage. ;) He was pretty good as a pally in EQ, too.

I can't remember the last time I lost to a hunter though, even hunters with superior gear to me.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions