Its Official: A couple of us are going to be Alliance on

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Its Official: A couple of us are going to be Alliance on

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Illadin, which is a PVP server.

I'm going gnome rogue, and goosse is playing a shadow priest.

Gaazy any chance you might want to go druid? You are a cross between healer/rogue and tank with the shapeshifting abilities. Warrior would also be pretty freakin awesome.

If anyone else wants to come screw around it could be a good time.

EQ is just freaking get empty and boring...I can't bring myself to play it anymore... I had hoped Vanguard would have been out and kickass by now but that just isn't happening. WoW sounds pretty solid these days and they have some interesting things in the works....not to mention I love the idea of PVP'ing and camping little teenage emo fags, causing them great mental stress.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lionking » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:16 pm

Who really wrote this? :wink:
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tae-Bo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:57 pm

paly on hakkar horde
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:25 am

Edited: deleted gnome rogue.
Last edited by Captain Insano on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:37 am

Can anyone break down the usefulness of the night elf racial ability to turn invisible?

Just how invisible are you? I have been toying around tonight with both a gnome and a night elf, both rogues and I am somewhat liking the night elf more...

Also are there any items in game that would remove snare and how hard are they to come by?

Also, I think they did a much better job with the alliance's side of the world and the quests. They are a lot more fun than the tauren or barrens stuff.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:56 am

Alliance side is ghey.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:08 am

Once we get all moved into the new house, maybe I'll start playing WoW again.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:28 am

Ralf, you know how rogues have a talent that makes them harder to detect while stealthed? Night Elf rogues effectively have 2 points into that talent for free. As for how much harder that makes them to detect in practical terms, I have no idea. The best racial for detecting stealthed people is a human ability (Perception), so horde non-warlocks have a harder time detecting stealthed people than the alliance generally does.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Griever » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:48 am

Im thinking about picking up WoW today. I'd have my heart set on being a Rogue though.

I guess Id go Night Elf.

Edit: Just noticed you already said your handle.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tuggan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm

you get a trinket slot item that removes snare type effects at corporal, which is only the 2nd rank. like a good weekends worth of WSG at level 19 and you have it for free. its somethin like a 5 minute recast timer though, which kinda blows.

theres also a potion you can use that frees up the feeets. thats all ive really found in my rather limited experience with wow.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gidan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:07 pm

I have a gnome warrior on Illadin named Gidan, maybe pvping will make it interesting again.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Theres a good chance I will be on as a rogue night elf... Something about playing that little tiny gnome bugs me.... I felt the same way with my gnome necro in EQ.

I'll post my name shortly.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:53 pm

arlos wrote:Ralf, you know how rogues have a talent that makes them harder to detect while stealthed? Night Elf rogues effectively have 2 points into that talent for free. As for how much harder that makes them to detect in practical terms, I have no idea. The best racial for detecting stealthed people is a human ability (Perception), so horde non-warlocks have a harder time detecting stealthed people than the alliance generally does.

-Arlos

thanks for the info....

Anyways I have my main down now... Night Elf Rogue: CaptinInsano

I won't be on today but tomorrow I will.

PS I plan on forming a little leveling guild as soon as I can...

I'm thinking:

The Angry Pirate Clan If anyone has other suggestions let me know.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Griever » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:09 pm

I just rolled a character today Im a Night Elf Rogue aswell.. name is Nyfe.

Anyone willing to log on and teach me shit because Im totally newb at this game would rock.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:24 pm

You will pick up the game fast. Very quick learning curve.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tuggan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:16 pm

you should require max booty bay faction to join the angry pirate clan, fuck a leveling guild. you'll just get annoying little punk kids wanting a free power level and gear.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Captain Insano » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:47 pm

well who knows what it will turn into. It might actually go somewhere. We'll see.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:50 pm

If you're gonna be a Rogue, do any races on Horde side get Shadow Meld or some other type of invisibility, like the Night Elves on Alliance?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:29 pm

No, they get other racial abilities.

Orcs have 25% stun resist
Trolls can go berserk when they lose health, speeding up how fast they hit.
Undead get Will of the Forsaken, which breaks poly, fear, etc.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:48 pm

Thx info!
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:16 am

arlos wrote:Trolls can go berserk when they lose health, speeding up how fast they hit.
-Arlos

It speeds up casting too now, and it's activated once they become critted on, not when they're low health.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Donnel » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:53 am

I'll come play a pally for a bit :0
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:13 am

Rogues are not top dogs on pvp like everyone thinks. Infact they are one of the most hunted classes in the game. Very easy to kill a rog if he doesnt know your there. Also, once you know a rog's tricks it is very hard for him to kill you because they are all easy to counter.

Shadowmeld is nice for duels because they wont have a target on you when it starts.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:05 am

My opinion of the WoW classes on PVP server.

Priests: When fighting a priest they get owned if they are forced to heal themselves. The key to beating them is to go max dps so all their consentration is kept on staying alive. For this reason I think holy is better. Its true that shadow increases dps but the value of not needing to heal so often far outweighs a little extra dps.

Druid: Arguably the best class in the game. A well played druid in duels can beat any other class. In BG they make for great utility, especially as a tauren. With my experiecne against a druid is near the same as a priest. DPS them so they are forced to heal. Bearform makes this a lot harder.

Mage: A mage in mass pvp is great. Aoe spells are highly valuable. They are also a welcomed addition to parties. The tactics of a mage are all fairly standard and most of them use the same one. Frost nova and burn... Mages are the most hunted class by rogs. Nothing better than to one shot a drinking mage.

Paladin: They have the best survivability of any class. At any time a paladin can choose to leave the situation (bubble hearth). End game they also make better healers than even priests. With the abundance of healing gear and the quickest heals in the game paladins can spam tanks with ultra low aggro heals. Priests must wait until aggro is built and then only have the choice to use big heals so they must heal at low hp. Paladins are great to any groups but do not make choice tanks. Unfortunatly the aggro abilities of a paladin are sub par.

Rogue: Stealth! Rogues have many unique abilities. It is very fun to stalk somone down and kill them. Or simply sap somone wave, re invis. watch them run in circles for 10 minutes waiting for you. See them engage a mob and finish them. All the time they knew you where waiting. Rog's on pvp are the easiest class to kill if they are engaged solo against a mob. They are also one of the best classes in the game for suprise tactics. Many times somone will see a lone player and think its an easy kill. When all the time that player was only good bait. All in all rog's are a great class but they dont truely shine unless they have all the top end gear.

Shaman: Very veristile class. It is very hard to understand what a shaman is capable off unless you play one. You will find on pvp that a solo shaman rarely uses totems. They are incredibly easy to kill. As a hunter i had a button that would target each totem and send my pet in to destroy them in 1 hit. That info is fairly common knowledge and totems can be a big drain on mana. Shaman gives the horde side an extra snare and detremental spells over the alliance. In contrast paladin gives the alliance cures to that snare and more healing. Shaman are a good class to play because it is easy to find a unique spec that no one will expect.

Warlock: In duels warlocks are great. Pets have the ability to break detrimental spells and dots simply own. Many times in 1v1 people will kill a warlock only to find themselves dead from the dots. 10 seconds later the bastard is revived devouring your corpse. In general pets suck for dps. Luckily, warlocks have pets that perform special actions like mez and cures. Warlocks can also produce huge crits from the bolt line.

Warrior: The most powerful class in pvp. Aoe fear, huge crits, massive hp and armor. And multiple ways to buid a spec. A warrior in the best gear available can mow through an entire group of players. Most people see a warrior and simply run. They are very powerful and the crits are on par with mages. Most people see warriors done in two specs - defensive and offensive. Unfortunatly for defensive warriors there is little gain. All high end content can be done with an offensive spec. And of course 95% of warriors on a pvp server spec offensive.

Hunter: This is the class I play. We started out the suck and slowing have grown in power. Hunters are the anti rog. As a hunter you are the only class that has a good chance to beat any of the others. Most other classes can destroy some classes and get destroyed by others. It can be seen as a good or bad thing, but hunters can be destroyed by all classes and can destroy all others. Most of this lies in tactics, knowledge of the enemy, and a die roll. Hunters have the ability to leave combat. It is incredibly easy to freezing trap somone and eat/drink while they are there watching you regain full hp and mana. Every class a hunter goes up against they will use a different tactic. I could post those tactics if someone is interested but for right now I will just say that they are whats known as "cheese." I love the hunter class. In high end groups they are the least sought after, but generally its me who is making the groups.

That is my long winded view on the classes in world of warcraft.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:17 am

Also, pvp is all about burst damage. Thats why classs like the warrior excell so much.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions