Its Official: A couple of us are going to be Alliance on

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Zanchief » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:22 am

I'll make a warrior for shits and giggles, Ralf.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:49 am

Naethyn9 wrote:My opinion of the WoW classes on PVP server.

Priests: When fighting a priest they get owned if they are forced to heal themselves. The key to beating them is to go max dps so all their consentration is kept on staying alive. For this reason I think holy is better. Its true that shadow increases dps but the value of not needing to heal so often far outweighs a little extra dps.

Most priests will only go shadow until they stop soloing more than they group.

Naethyn9 wrote:Druid: Arguably the best class in the game. A well played druid in duels can beat any other class. In BG they make for great utility, especially as a tauren. With my experiecne against a druid is near the same as a priest. DPS them so they are forced to heal. Bearform makes this a lot harder.

Let me guess? You play a druid? Druid is not the best class in the game. A druid can be beaten very easily by a warlock, shaman, priest or a hunter. Once a druid's mana is gone they are done. Even that bear form won't save them.

Naethyn9 wrote:Mage: A mage in mass pvp is great. Aoe spells are highly valuable. They are also a welcomed addition to parties. The tactics of a mage are all fairly standard and most of them use the same one. Frost nova and burn... Mages are the most hunted class by rogs. Nothing better than to one shot a drinking mage.

Where do you get your information on most hunted classes? I have a rogue and I don't think I am on the lookout for mages on my daily journeys.

Naethyn9 wrote:Paladin: They have the best survivability of any class. At any time a paladin can choose to leave the situation (bubble hearth). End game they also make better healers than even priests. With the abundance of healing gear and the quickest heals in the game paladins can spam tanks with ultra low aggro heals. Priests must wait until aggro is built and then only have the choice to use big heals so they must heal at low hp. Paladins are great to any groups but do not make choice tanks. Unfortunatly the aggro abilities of a paladin are sub par.

Ever hear of Fade? Its a priest spell that reduces agro. Has a 30 sec cooldown. Paladins are the easy button for Alliance. Think you'll die to that Horde Rogue? Bubble/Hearth is your answer.

Naethyn9 wrote:Rogue: Stealth! Rogues have many unique abilities. It is very fun to stalk somone down and kill them. Or simply sap somone wave, re invis. watch them run in circles for 10 minutes waiting for you. See them engage a mob and finish them. All the time they knew you where waiting. Rog's on pvp are the easiest class to kill if they are engaged solo against a mob. They are also one of the best classes in the game for suprise tactics. Many times somone will see a lone player and think its an easy kill. When all the time that player was only good bait. All in all rog's are a great class but they dont truely shine unless they have all the top end gear.

What you should have said was Noob rogues on pvp are the easiest class to kill, blah, blah, blah. A good rogue won't be caught off guard. All a rogue has to do is Vanish and your ass is his. Especially if the mob turns its attention to the ganker. There is no way a rogue can be caught by surprise unless it's by another rogue or a hunter.

Naethyn9 wrote:Shaman: Very veristile class. It is very hard to understand what a shaman is capable off unless you play one. You will find on pvp that a solo shaman rarely uses totems. They are incredibly easy to kill. As a hunter i had a button that would target each totem and send my pet in to destroy them in 1 hit. That info is fairly common knowledge and totems can be a big drain on mana. Shaman gives the horde side an extra snare and detremental spells over the alliance. In contrast paladin gives the alliance cures to that snare and more healing. Shaman are a good class to play because it is easy to find a unique spec that no one will expect.

Shaman are not an easy kill. They can heal, cast damage spells and are fairly good at melee. Along with the totems, they can take someone out fairly quickly.

Naethyn9 wrote:Warlock: In duels warlocks are great. Pets have the ability to break detrimental spells and dots simply own. Many times in 1v1 people will kill a warlock only to find themselves dead from the dots. 10 seconds later the bastard is revived devouring your corpse. In general pets suck for dps. Luckily, warlocks have pets that perform special actions like mez and cures. Warlocks can also produce huge crits from the bolt line.

Yup

Naethyn9 wrote:Warrior: The most powerful class in pvp. Aoe fear, huge crits, massive hp and armor. And multiple ways to buid a spec. A warrior in the best gear available can mow through an entire group of players. Most people see a warrior and simply run. They are very powerful and the crits are on par with mages. Most people see warriors done in two specs - defensive and offensive. Unfortunatly for defensive warriors there is little gain. All high end content can be done with an offensive spec. And of course 95% of warriors on a pvp server spec offensive.

Most powerful class?! WTF are you smoking? Did you even read what you wrote priior to the Warrior comment? Warlock is by far the strongest class in the game right now. I kill warriors with ease on my hunter, rogue and priest. 95% are specced offensive? Again, where are you getting your information? There is no "offensive" spec. Only Fury, Protection and Arms. Most warriors I know are Protection specced.

Naethyn9 wrote:Hunter: This is the class I play. We started out the suck and slowing have grown in power. Hunters are the anti rog. As a hunter you are the only class that has a good chance to beat any of the others. Most other classes can destroy some classes and get destroyed by others. It can be seen as a good or bad thing, but hunters can be destroyed by all classes and can destroy all others. Most of this lies in tactics, knowledge of the enemy, and a die roll. Hunters have the ability to leave combat. It is incredibly easy to freezing trap somone and eat/drink while they are there watching you regain full hp and mana. Every class a hunter goes up against they will use a different tactic. I could post those tactics if someone is interested but for right now I will just say that they are whats known as "cheese." I love the hunter class. In high end groups they are the least sought after, but generally its me who is making the groups.

Hunters are pretty good. Anti rogue? Only if the rogue doesn't get the first hit. Hunters are only good at range. Get in close and you've got him. Casters have the advantage against a Hunter because they can get into his "dead zone." This is the area just outside his melee range but too close for him to range attack.

Anyway, I hate to deflate your post, but most of what you posted was crap. Just to fill you in, I have a 60 Priest, 60 Rogue, 59 and 49 Hunter, 49 Mage, 49 Shaman and a 45 Warlock. I feel that I know how those classes work. It looks like you cut and pasted your post from some blog.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:50 am

Naethyn9 wrote:Also, pvp is all about burst damage. Thats why classs like the warrior excell so much.

A rogue will always out damage a warrior. The rogue burst damage is far greater than that of any class. Well, maybe not mages...
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:58 am

You've never encountered a MS warrior with tons of +crit and an Ashkandi, have you.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:15 am

This was no cut and paste. It is all based on my experience in wow.

To start I dont play a druid. If you read the last class I examined, the hunter, you will see that I play it. Druids regen mana easily and intervate owns. Bear form saves them from a lot of melee damage and the charge ability along with aoe snare turns them into a warrior. When they get to 50% deform heal full back to bear.

Now onto rogues. As a hunter, rogs are by far the easiest class for me to kill. It got to the point when fighting rogs I would let them jump me without even having a trap down. If a hunter builds up enough HP to withstand the initial attack it is ultra easy to scattershot, trap, cure poision, bandage up, mark and destroy. And yes I have experience against the top rog's on the server. They are the ones I am brining this overview from.

My opinions of priests and the healing abilities comes from the mouth of the top priest on Frostwolf. High end preists are in agreement that paladins are superior in most situations because of cast times, healing aggro, and mana efficiency. With the correct gear Paladins dominate each.

And about warriors. I can tell just by the way you responded that you have never encountered a high end warrior with 40%+ crit. Warriors are a very gear dependant class. With the best gear warriors are the best.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:19 am

arlos wrote:You've never encountered a MS warrior with tons of +crit and an Ashkandi, have you.

-Arlos

like he said.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:49 am

Zanchief wrote:I'll make a warrior for shits and giggles, Ralf.

thanks man that will be perfect... we have goosse on shadow priest duty, me and gaazy for DPS and you warrior were about set.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:51 am

Don't forget Z were over on Lethon now.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:04 pm

WTF I'm lvl 20 on Illidan!!
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:58 pm

You'll get 20 in like two hours grouping with us.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions