Illadin is having problems... Lethon is the new server.

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Agrajag » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:20 pm

Kizzy might want to make a priest. Even though my girlfriend is a damn good one for her current level I fear that she won't level at the pace of everyone else. I may have to log on and level her just so she can get her next level of tailoring. Her school is her priority right now. She's a WoW slacker IMO.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:22 pm

I need bags bitch.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Agrajag » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:23 pm

:rofl: This weekend she'll be 20 if I have to log on and do it myself! BAGS FOR ALL!
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Insanityfair » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:28 pm

Zan's right, (though it probably could be said nicer) what the guild needs is to level and keep getting geared up. (The VC marathon and trip to SFK was great for example, almost all leveled and got stuff) Why worry about what the guild "needs" class wise when we're all still less than half way to 60, except Mop? And like what Agrajag said not everyone can put that kind of time in because of rl commitments so we don't even know if we're going to have the same set of people to play with down the line. You should pick whatever class appeals to you and that you think you could sit down and play and won't get boring as hell to you in a couple weeks.

P.S. I would also like bags...this six slot stuff just isn't working. >< I have wool if need be!
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Darcler » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:56 pm

Hey yall, send me linen. I sold all mine to buy spells :(

Currently I cant play during the day as Gid uses our cable box in the bedroom to watch the soccer games at work. And I dont want to trap our daughter in there without a show for her to watch.
So when he gets home or when his mother gets home is when we generally are able to log on.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Gidan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:09 pm

You can use the bedroom again, all the important games that I was going to miss at work are over :)
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:19 pm

The Kizzy wrote:I can roll a gnome mage, gnome warlock, or dwarf priest, pic the one you want, and what are the rules on the names again? Help me think of a good one. I propably won't be on until Monday night. I have to find someplace in this hick town to buy a game card. I guess I could put it on my creidt card, but I always forget when it is coming due and end up bouncing (or close to bouncing) my account.

we could really use more solid priests... I might need someoone to heal me while I corpse camp taxx.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Dylan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm

Seriously guys, invest in mangina characters.

I got 4 of those 12 slot bags for 70s.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:23 pm

Insanityfair wrote:Zan's right, (though it probably could be said nicer) what the guild needs is to level and keep getting geared up. (The VC marathon and trip to SFK was great for example, almost all leveled and got stuff) Why worry about what the guild "needs" class wise when we're all still less than half way to 60, except Mop? And like what Agrajag said not everyone can put that kind of time in because of rl commitments so we don't even know if we're going to have the same set of people to play with down the line. You should pick whatever class appeals to you and that you think you could sit down and play and won't get boring as hell to you in a couple weeks.

P.S. I would also like bags...this six slot stuff just isn't working. >< I have wool if need be!

This is a very good question that Insanity poses... Most everyone is leveling pretty fast... I expect near the end of the month many people will be pushing 60.

Can someone break down the number of core players needed to clear MC and Onyxia? A class breakdown would also be useful, such as 5 priest, 3 warriors, 5 rogues etc etc.

My thoughts are to have double the number of people we need...This will cover the attrition as people leave for other guilds, quit the game, don't play seriously etc etc.

FYI...KILL is working on the website graphics for me and I am toying around with phBBB at the moment and hope to have some sort of a site/phorum up this weekend.

I don't see any reason why this guild with the people currently involved couldn't become a top tier, medium-core raiding guild.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Insanityfair » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:42 pm

We have done MC with anywhere from 4-8 priests depending. 6 probably wouldn't be a bad number to start with as we'll have Strath/Scholo/UBRS gear when we start. Warriors...man honestly a group of everything or a group of 40 that can keep their heads out of their asses if you're planning on the big raids. Not as many priests can somewhat be made up if you have more druids/shaman etc. depending how well they play and how they are spec'd. I've also never personally played with both pallies and warriors and don't know what works best there.
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:22 pm

This is a fun foray, but I'll wager Ralf'll never see 60. Unfortunately, Taxx is correct. This is a collection of casual players who mostly haven't gamed together on a PVP server. That is a recipe for disaster. The few that do stay will be long gone, since you need to guild or die on PVP. It'll be similar to Whisperwind, only nastier since ganking is so rampant early on in PVPland, and with the kiddies having summer vacation, it'll be tougher to do anything over the next month.

Everyone in the guild is level 30 and under, excluding Mop, and this server is nearing a month old. It'll soon be saturated with 40-50s and many 60s while the bulwark of the guild is trying to make it through the 30s.

Ralf made this original post on the 26th. Four brand new servers opened that day. I'm not quite sure why you didn't start on them to be able to get to a respectable level in the first month, but that was a huge mistake.

What I'd suggest is to wait for a new PVP server, or take a break so the summer months of massive ganking calms so that people will actually be able to level.

I'd be willing to take a full group to a new PVP server when it opens and have fun. PVP is a blast, but starting on a server 20-30 days post opening is really a head scratcher.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tae-Bo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:40 pm

it was 8 days old when he made the post ?????

err oops lethon was opened 6/16
Last edited by Tae-Bo on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:44 pm

also i get bored too easily and im taking drum/golf lessons atm + school and work and bangin so i prob wont play much at all :~(
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Dylan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:28 pm

Why does it matter what server we choose, if we do good on any server we'll get people and level up.

You guys put too much weight on stupid factors.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:56 pm

I also see this as another Whisperwind guild, since there is little to no pushing on getting levels, but I'm sticking around for the fun of it.

That is, unless you seriously get into gear and push for levels. Then I'll settle down on something.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:00 pm

lyion wrote:This is a fun foray, but I'll wager Ralf'll never see 60. Unfortunately, Taxx is correct. This is a collection of casual players who mostly haven't gamed together on a PVP server. That is a recipe for disaster. The few that do stay will be long gone, since you need to guild or die on PVP. It'll be similar to Whisperwind, only nastier since ganking is so rampant early on in PVPland, and with the kiddies having summer vacation, it'll be tougher to do anything over the next month.

Everyone in the guild is level 30 and under, excluding Mop, and this server is nearing a month old. It'll soon be saturated with 40-50s and many 60s while the bulwark of the guild is trying to make it through the 30s.

Ralf made this original post on the 26th. Four brand new servers opened that day. I'm not quite sure why you didn't start on them to be able to get to a respectable level in the first month, but that was a huge mistake.

What I'd suggest is to wait for a new PVP server, or take a break so the summer months of massive ganking calms so that people will actually be able to level.

I'd be willing to take a full group to a new PVP server when it opens and have fun. PVP is a blast, but starting on a server 20-30 days post opening is really a head scratcher.

When I started on Lethon it was 8 days old. it was a rock solid server...I did give it a few days before I announced the change. I needed to make sure it wasnt going to be a total shitheap of a server.

Most people are leveling really fast...Im finding that this time around leveling isnt as difficult as it used to be. So far everyone who has pvpd has not had much trouble. I dont see it as an issue nor do I think the choice of servers was a mistake.

Ill say this... Unfortunately with my insane hours at work this summer is going to be a big loss... Playing WoW, working and sleeping is about all I will have the time or money for... I expect to be 60 shortly. If people do stick around I think this guild could really turn into someting. At least right everyone seems pretty stoked about playing again.

Ralf

PS Taxx is a deadman

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Dylan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:15 pm

BUT YOU DIDN'T GET LEVEL 15 UNTIL THREE MINUTES AFTER THE SERVER CAME UP YOU'RE WAY BEHIND.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:16 am

lol

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:02 am

I'm not keen on the idea of a PVP server. We will see what happens. It was fun BSing with the people I BSed with last night. Except for Zan, he's a punk. :wink:
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gidan » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:05 am

I find PVP servers to be fun at times, but there are days when you just dont want to put up with it.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:33 am

Like when you are in a zone that, if you read all the NPC text, is a neutral zone and everyone gets along, and you get ganked by a cool guy 10 levels ahead of you.

Fuck that guy and fuck Moonshine or Moonshore or wherever the druid zone is. Oh, and fuck druids.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:31 am

I can't wait for mass guild PVP action. PVE isn't enough to keep me interested anymore.

I expect to probably start nicely asking people to get to certain levels so that they keep up with the majority of the guild. Another week or two I will also start putting minimum level requirements on potential recruits.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:45 am

You'll like the next patch then, Ralf. It's almost entirely focused on PVP. Here's some of what's in it:

1) Cross-server battlegrounds. Yep, you enter the queue, and you could end up fighting a team from any other server.

2) Objective-based world PVP. (They're adding special objective sites to some world zones, and telling people to go to it for PVP)

3) (not 100% sure on this one, but I think so) BGs will be startified not only by level but by gear levels. So you won't have 1 side all in tier 2 and tier 3 fighting another team who're all in greens and blues.

4) Honor system is getting revamped.

5) Rogue talent review, which gives them several PVP enhancements.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Insanityfair » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:32 pm

So, last night Zan and I are questing. We, moments after grouping get wtfpwned by some guy who's level = skull head. We got him down to 50%. We rez and continue questing...later we have a couple mobs, I'm thinking I got bashed as all my heals had to refresh and I dropped dead before I could get fade off, only to find out we actually got wtfpwned by a 28 rogue who must have got kick off and then whooped me. Damn I'm squishy. :-x
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:20 pm

arlos wrote:You'll like the next patch then, Ralf. It's almost entirely focused on PVP. Here's some of what's in it:

1) Cross-server battlegrounds. Yep, you enter the queue, and you could end up fighting a team from any other server.

2) Objective-based world PVP. (They're adding special objective sites to some world zones, and telling people to go to it for PVP)

3) (not 100% sure on this one, but I think so) BGs will be startified not only by level but by gear levels. So you won't have 1 side all in tier 2 and tier 3 fighting another team who're all in greens and blues.

4) Honor system is getting revamped.

5) Rogue talent review, which gives them several PVP enhancements.

-Arlos

Yah I've read about this... Should be great.

The ONLY thing lacking in this game right now is more character development, which should be fixed with the next expansion and the inability to talk to the other side.

I really want to taunt the 15 year old I'm corpse camping and blizzard has taken away all my fun.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions