Illadin is having problems... Lethon is the new server.

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Captain Insano » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:20 pm

and when I say taunt I mean verbally abuse.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:23 pm

In the beginning of Beta, the Undead could speak common, but they took the ability away, unfortunatly
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:27 am

Do you have the new board up? Yes?

Are we using Ventrillo? If so I need to DL it on my brothers computer so I can use it. My brother might start a character as well, he doesn't know yet.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:34 pm

I got ganked over and over again in Chared Vale in Stonetalon last night trying to finish my warrior quest.

It drove me to rage but it was kinda fun.

It's fun having to look over your shoulders at all times.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Captain Insano » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:47 pm

heheh i got ganked 3 times on my rogue quest last night... but I managed to sap the main tard which was just long enough of a delay for a 45 warrior to come wax him and his merry little band of dingleberries.

I'm loving being on PVP. It adds so much more flavor to the game. Not to mention the loot that can come from PVP is pretty fucking insane.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:47 am

I don't get ganked too much. I usually have a trap down and just run whoever tries through it. Then I either get away or sick Crusher on them.

lyion wrote:The few that do stay will be long gone, since you need to guild or die on PVP.

Have you ever played on a PvP server? Just asking since the last part of that statement is completely false. I was unguilded on Dethecus until I was level 47 and had no issues with getting ganked in contested zones. I'm not saying I never got ganked, everyone does. But it was very infrequent or I got away. It has nothing to do with the fact of being guilded or not. It does have everything to do with paying attention to your surroundings at all times. That is the glory of a PvP server.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Insanityfair » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:16 am

I'm glad I picked a race that can shadowmeld that's all I can say.
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:45 am

Agrajag wrote:
Have you ever played on a PvP server? Just asking since the last part of that statement is completely false. I was unguilded on Dethecus until I was level 47 and had no issues with getting ganked in contested zones. I'm not saying I never got ganked, everyone does. But it was very infrequent or I got away. It has nothing to do with the fact of being guilded or not. It does have everything to do with paying attention to your surroundings at all times. That is the glory of a PvP server.

No, your mileage may vary, but what I said is certainly not false for Lethon.

I've levelled through a PVP server before. All the way to 60, early on. How old was Deth when you levelled there? Was it a sparse server? Lethon is not.

A few points:

One, this is a fresh server during summer vacation. Even my early quest spots have been frequently hit by gank groups. This will continue, and the better areas will also be hit often. This is not a big deal, but can be frustrating for some.

The middle tier quests points will be harder to hit.

For the endgame, there will be a lot of 'teams' and groups that play together and know their groups. These people will be killing the non guilded, non normal groups over and over. Sure, you can be a solo rogue, but the people doing the killing will know their team and win most of the time, the same way the organized, good guilds function in PVEland. Thus, you can play but you'll be part of the 'farmed' versus being the killer. I prefer the latter.

Early levelling makes life easy on PVP servers, especially during the first few months. My opinion is this is doubly true during summer time, when we will fight with the no work summer vacation crowd.

I'll be interested to see if your opinion remains the same when you hit 60 and play for a bit.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Donnel » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:59 am

Zanchief wrote:The guild needs non slack ass people.
:(
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:03 am

lyion wrote:I'll be interested to see if your opinion remains the same when you hit 60 and play for a bit.

I actually have 2 level 60s on Dethecus. When I started there it was a low population server. That was about a year ago, though. I don't see this server being any different other than the fact that you stated (being summer). I can probably get to 60 by mid next month barring any RL interruptions. I can generally get about a level+ per day if I play hardcore. Lethon went live on the 16th of last month. I started playing last week on that server and I am already 10% from level 30. There are a couple people 30+ in the guild.

Ganking is the least of my worries on a new PvP server.

Zanchief wrote:It's fun having to look over your shoulders at all times.

This is the main reason I prefer PvP to Carebear. Not only do you have to watch out for mobs, but opposite faction. Mobs are at least predictable and pathing can be monitored. PvE servers are too safe that way.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:24 am

I agree with agrajag.. The excitement that you would get from raiding tough mobs in EQ you have to some degree constantly on a PVP server. Shit is always happening and you have to stay focused.

We had a battle royal just getting into WC last night...We died but it was damn fun. And we waxed some high level AFK horde nerd too in the process. Good times.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:25 am

Wherees my website?
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:27 am

Waiting on KILL to hand me the main graphic.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tae-Bo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:05 pm

lyion wrote:No, your mileage may vary, but what I said is certainly not false for Lethon.

I've levelled through a PVP server before. All the way to 60, early on. How old was Deth when you levelled there? Was it a sparse server? Lethon is not.

A few points:

One, this is a fresh server during summer vacation. Even my early quest spots have been frequently hit by gank groups. This will continue, and the better areas will also be hit often. This is not a big deal, but can be frustrating for some.

The middle tier quests points will be harder to hit.

For the endgame, there will be a lot of 'teams' and groups that play together and know their groups. These people will be killing the non guilded, non normal groups over and over. Sure, you can be a solo rogue, but the people doing the killing will know their team and win most of the time, the same way the organized, good guilds function in PVEland. Thus, you can play but you'll be part of the 'farmed' versus being the killer. I prefer the latter.

Early levelling makes life easy on PVP servers, especially during the first few months. My opinion is this is doubly true during summer time, when we will fight with the no work summer vacation crowd.

I'll be interested to see if your opinion remains the same when you hit 60 and play for a bit.

this has never been a problem (or even happened) to me pre-bg

why the fuck would an organized team bother spending time doing that when they could just play bg for honor?
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:04 pm

Yah D.Duck is correct... you will always have the level 40 turdsquad roaming around to kill lowbies, but it's really not that common.

I'm level 22 and I have been killed 3 times. Once was by a renowned faggot from Hakkar who rerolled. The other two times were last night trying to get to WC. I probably wouldn't have gotten killed then except for the fact that we pwnd some level 35+ guys who was AFK and he came back with friends.

PVP isn't that difficult to avoid while leveling, but when it does happen its entertaining.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:31 pm

Heh, just wait til you have to go to Stranglethorn. That place is gankfest central.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tae-Bo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:45 pm

the funnest times ive had in game were in stv :~)
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:36 pm

I played a warrior to mid-40s on a PVP server. STV was the biggest gankfest crossroads, bar none.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:48 am

Agrajag wrote:I don't get ganked too much. I usually have a trap down and just run whoever tries through it. Then I either get away or sick Crusher on them.

That's because you're not a warrior.

As good as they are in PVP, and I've held my own against players that were a few lvls higher than me, I just don't have any options against any clase that can catch me. It always seems to be hunters who grief me too, and there really isn't anything I can do against them. If I don't get in early and hammy them, I don't see how I can win.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Agrajag » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:10 am

Zanchief wrote:That's because you're not a warrior.

Yeah, warriors don't have too many options in early game. But, you're leveling pretty fast and the options will come soon enough and you won't have to worry about that hunter anymore.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Insanityfair » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:12 am

Zanchief wrote:
Agrajag wrote:I don't get ganked too much. I usually have a trap down and just run whoever tries through it. Then I either get away or sick Crusher on them.

That's because you're not a warrior.

As good as they are in PVP, and I've held my own against players that were a few lvls higher than me, I just don't have any options against any clase that can catch me. It always seems to be hunters who grief me too, and there really isn't anything I can do against them. If I don't get in early and hammy them, I don't see how I can win.

So that's why you made me follow you around questing! You wanted a shield! See how that worked out for you! :rofl:
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:14 am

Of course!
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Donnel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:14 am

Once you get intercept your world vs. hunters gets alot easier.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:14 am

Who's in for a gnome run tonight.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Insanityfair » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:16 am

/raise hand me me me me me!
Insanityfair