Illadin is having problems... Lethon is the new server.

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:17 am

Let's start about 8 EST.

If me and IF are in the rest is just filler.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Agrajag » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:56 am

8 EST? You guys suck ass. Thats 10 00 my time!
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:58 am

If you are in NM still your Timezone translations suck ass, Ag :)

Back, back, not forward, forward.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Agrajag » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:51 am

lyion wrote:If you are in NM still your Timezone translations suck ass, Ag :)

Back, back, not forward, forward.

:rofl: Early for me, so bugger off.

P.S. :lol:
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:34 pm

Out of all the classes warriors give me the most trouble at the moment... mainly because they have all been human warriors in duels and perception fucks me hardcore, but damn warrs have a lot of HP.

Oh and the wow client lag screws a backstab rogue.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Donnel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:35 pm

Their high armor vs. your all physical attacks prolly doesn't help you much.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gidan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:37 pm

I started playing a Pal in an attempt not to pass Darc. I have to say that playing a Pal feels like cheating. I am sure this is just a result of being low level, but I can go through an area faster on my pal then I could on my other classes simply because I never come close to death.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:39 pm

Paladins are the best soloers IMO from what I've seen and played.

The thing about Pallies in PVP is you can just walk away from them and there is nothing they can do.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gidan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:44 pm

In an offensice stand, pals seem to be powerful not in the way they do dmg but in the way they stay alive to heal. In a defensive stand however,can anyone even come close?

When I use to run through AB endlessly, Seeing a Pal attack never bothered me, It took forever but I never worried about going 1 on 1 with them, however seeing 2 Pals guarding a flag just iritated me because I knew no matter how hard we hit, they had time to get people there to help.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:34 pm

Speaking as someone who's played a paladin since alpha, don't expect that feeling of power to last once you hit 60. The only way it lasts is if you really really enjoy a playstyle of standing in back with the cloth wearers and chain clicking one of 3 buttons: Holy Light, Flash of Light or Cleanse.

Paladins in lower levels are actually decent melee combattants. As other DPS classes get closer and closer to full talent builds, however, we fall further and further behind.

Yes, we're good soloers, especially Humans, with that +5 sword/mace racial ability, soloing +4s and even +5s is eminently possible. We just solo very very slooowwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyy.

In world PVP, if we're alone though, we absolutely suck. We can be kited with near-impunity, and any class that wants to escape from us can do so, easily, as long as they don't wait so long that 1 HOW shot kills them. We have no speed boost to catch up nor any snare to slow them down. Actually, we are the ONLY class with no access to ANY snare or root. Warriors: Hamstring & Piercing Howl. Rogues: Poison. Hunters: Concussion shot & Wing Clip. Druids: Root. Priests: There's a snare talent in Shadow. Mages: Frost Bolt, Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Blast Wave. Warlocks: There's an Affliction talent that's a snare. Shamen: Totem & Frost Shock. Paladins can stun for 6 seconds, and then get to watch them run away.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:38 pm

Well he was trying to think of a good class to pair up with my mage.
Pals can tank for days but cant kill very fast.
Mage cant tank shit but can kill extremely fast.

He also rolled Pal because he wanted a good PvP char, and he knew he had a safe bet with hunter, though he didnt really want to play one. Again.

So he wont be alone, he'll have a "bodyguard" if he can keep all pvp off me :)
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions