I'm thinking about getting GuildPortal.com and Ventrilo

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

I'm thinking about getting GuildPortal.com and Ventrilo

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:11 pm

I was thinking about using these guys:

http://www.guildportal.com/Default.aspx

For getting the guild website/forums and stuff up fast. They have DKP tools and a bunch of other useful things included, not to mention the monthly fee is like 5 bucks...so its extremely reasonable.

Thoughts? Better ideas?

I was also thinking about getting a 25 person Ventrilo system up fast...

These guys: http://www.clanservers.com can do it for 10 bucks a month.

I figure 15 bucks a month wouldn't be bad to get a guild moving in the right direction fast.

What does everyone think?
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Darcler » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:39 pm

I hate guildportal. Personal preference. I've never ever seen a well done guild portal site.

You can use...shit what's that other voice thing...not Vent...anyway, that's free. Hell, we can probably host your servers. We already host 2 other....SHIT what is it called? Well, we host 2 other servers for other people.

Edit: Teamspeak.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:54 pm

I keep hearing that ventrilo owns teamspeak and if you cough up the little bit of cash for a dedicated host it works a lot better.

Back to the guild portal thing... I mean it doesn't need to look like alienware's website... as long as it isn't ugly. The DKP system and attached forums sounds interesting.

Is it the look of the page or the overall quality you don't like? If its the look I just thought I might overwrite it with CSS.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:35 am

Seriously...this is what, the 5th guild you decided you were going to create throughout different games? I predict you don't even get anywhere near level 60 before you quit.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Griever » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:12 am

Go Teamspeak that way you dont have to pay money for something that may not work out.

Besides, I already have it and I've never used Ventrilo.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Maeya » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:31 am

If you have a forum, I volunteer signatures :P

It makes me sad that WOW is not nearly so forum-oriented as EQ was.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Project DARC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:53 am

we use clanservers and have been none to pleased with the service. every so often they just drop for a minute or two. it can be really fucking annoying if you are mid raid or conversation. vent does own teamspeak for clarity though. we will be flipping to another host here shortly, when our billing is up.
Project DARC
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Donnel » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:47 am

*shrug* I just host my own vent servers.

PM me if you want infoz.

As long as you don't mind my RL friends getting on too :) (besides it's really HIS server atm)
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Darcler » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:30 am

Ralf, I'll look for a non-used website that Gid made. He downloaded a nice DKP system from somewhere and added it to all his guild websites.

And I agree that we should use a free server, even if just for now, in case this folds up.

Anyway, I'll go looking around our server for a guildsite that he hasnt deleted or isnt being currently used and post it to show the DKP system.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby TStorm » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:27 am

Teamspeak blows for quality. A bunch of guilds from my server use http://www.nrgservers.net/vent/ for their Vent servers. Crystal clear with no feedback garbage like TS.
TStorm
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Naethyn » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:31 am

Tacks wrote:Seriously...this is what, the 5th guild you decided you were going to create throughout different games? I predict you don't even get anywhere near level 60 before you quit.

Don't listen to shit like this. Nothing lasts forever. Especially in the video game culture. Go have fun and make the most of it. Retards like him come and go. The friendships you can bond in the making of guilds are worth the risks of it failing.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:35 am

No shit nothing last forever. But usually things last longer than the 2 months his 'guilds' last. You've tried 2 WoW guilds now, an EQ1 guild, an EQ2 guild and who knows what else. I don't think you've ever hit max cap or ever raided in any of these games since 5 years ago in EQ1...am I right?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Eziekial » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:40 am

who fucking cares?
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Captain Insano » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:28 pm

Darcler wrote:Ralf, I'll look for a non-used website that Gid made. He downloaded a nice DKP system from somewhere and added it to all his guild websites.

And I agree that we should use a free server, even if just for now, in case this folds up.

Anyway, I'll go looking around our server for a guildsite that he hasnt deleted or isnt being currently used and post it to show the DKP system.

That will be great thanks. I'll get the domain name and web hosting set up. I already have an account with 1and1.com.

I won't be useing clanserver either. I read up on them and they don't have a very good rep as also stated in this thread.

I might just try and host my own ventrilo server for a bit and see how that works.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:30 pm

Tacks wrote:No shit nothing last forever. But usually things last longer than the 2 months his 'guilds' last. You've tried 2 WoW guilds now, an EQ1 guild, an EQ2 guild and who knows what else. I don't think you've ever hit max cap or ever raided in any of these games since 5 years ago in EQ1...am I right?

No I have never had either an eq1 or eq2 guild. I started a WoW guild once and quit back when the servers were fucked every other night.

I'll admit WoW isn't exactly the way I would prefer an MMO to be, but its the best game out right now with any potential.

PS Welcome back faggot

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Darcler » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:42 pm

I couldnt find an old site, so I'll ask him to drag a mock site up to show you.

I love how I just volunteered him to create yet another website. I'm so super.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Susvain » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:18 am

People I know need to come on my guilds vent so i can talk to you! Harisson!
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions