Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:15 am

they're redoing rogue talents now?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Griever » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 am

I don't know enough about rogues yet to know if this talent review is good or bad.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Gaazy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:40 am

me either
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Donnel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:42 am

I asked a rogue friend and all he could say was:

"SealFateHemoComboPointsEverywhere

GLEEEEEEEEE"
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Griever » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:47 am

On the WoW Rogue message boards a lot of people seem pretty pissed.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Donnel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:50 am

But when has this not been true of any class's revamp?
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Shneider » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:41 am

It's more of the same. Rogues (insert any class except paladins) ask for PvE improvements and they get PvP improvements instead. They have weapon expertise to cut down on glancing blows and that's it for raids.... If the improved kidney shot works like improved counterspell (ie mobs immune to stun/silence but vulnerable to the interrupt effect) it'd be cool to see if they could stack the debuff like Winter's Chill for Mages.

The people who are upset are the ones who don't like the idea of having one spec for PvE and one for PvP; they just want a universal combat dagger that just leads to cookie cutters like the 9/11/31 build before the druid revamp. Basically putting in good tier1/2 talents and invariably gimping the rest of the trees except for one that was the obvious choice.
Shneider
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lueyen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:36 pm

For Combat Daggers I just don't see myself making any changes to my spec. The talent changes and additions would be more interesting to me for combat swords/mace or a hemorage spec. Bottom line is that the talent review did nothing to aleviate the issue I see with any dagger spec needing to spend 18 points spread across two trees to make backstab viable compared to the energy/damage return of SS.

Admittedly I haven't really crunched numbers on this, mainly just my perception and "feel" based on my own playstyle.

I'm not pissed about the review, I'm not overjoyed about it either, I guess at the core I'm thankful they didn't make any drastic changes that would make some of my favorite core builds no longer attainable.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jazendar » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:29 pm

This is the least amount of rebuilding out of any class i've seen. A few new talents in the subt tree, and a couple at the end of combat, and a change in assassination. The only thing I see happening is there will be a couple more rogues with swords. There isn't enough to take rogues away from their statistical backstab builds or whatever it may be. I see very little changes, imo.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Granh » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:45 pm

Only thing that tickels my intrest is the improved feint. Other than that, :dunno:
Kitty Litter for the Mind
Granh
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Ogru » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:53 pm

Granh wrote:Only thing that tickels my intrest is the improved feint. Other than that, :dunno:

Like you play anymore.. slacker
Elder Prophet
Retired Senior Officer of the Deadly Horsemen
http://www.deadlyhorsemen.com
Ogru
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions