More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Drem » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:21 pm

so fuck the endgame then. play for fun
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lueyen » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:33 pm

This gave me a flashback to something else... and only a few will get this, sorry I couldn't find the edited image, only the original, perhaps someone still has the one that was modified ;-).

Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Insanityfair » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:35 pm

I can only think of one person who might...actually hold on...
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Insanityfair » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:43 pm

Oh hell I edited this post. I found the thread it was in but the pic isn't in it anymore.
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:53 am

:hiphop:
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:05 am

Wow needs aa
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:13 am

Naethyn wrote:Wow needs aa

They do, they're called talents.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:16 am

lol
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Susvain » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:18 am

Captain Insano dont let anyone tell you AQ is kickass, it's the biggest shitole ever. Too much work for alot of crap loot.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:19 am

Instanced pvp is gay.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Donnel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:13 am

Lueyen wrote:This gave me a flashback to something else... and only a few will get this, sorry I couldn't find the edited image, only the original, perhaps someone still has the one that was modified ;-).

die in a fire

;-)
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 am

AA's was a neat idea in that there was always something to work on, but the flip side was that I always felt like I needed to play my main, and couldn't goof around with twinks

I really like the Blizzard Talents, but sometimes I wish there were a few more viable builds
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:31 am

Tikker wrote:

AA's was a neat idea in that there was always something to work on, but the flip side was that I always felt like I needed to play my main, and couldn't goof around with twinks

I really like the Blizzard Talents, but sometimes I wish there were a few more viable builds

I totally agree. I think they should have made talents a lot stronger so that each class could really have 3 sup-classes and a wide amount of mixing and such. It would give characters a little more individuality.

More like Diablo II skills.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tikker » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:34 am

i THINK the idea at one time was that your character would advance towards a seperate hero class, then that hero class would also have 3ish talent builds

ie, you'd start as a warrior, but at max lvl there'd be 9 viable hero builds
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:34 am

I liked the ability to gain exp. The only goal I had in wow was to get items so I could compete better in pvp. And don't get me wrong there are hundreds of situational items available. This held my interest for a while, but once I reached the top it lost it's flavor. Although I'm sure if I where to come back today the feeling to get more uber would exist again.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:36 am

Tikker wrote:i THINK the idea at one time was that your character would advance towards a seperate hero class, then that hero class would also have 3ish talent builds

ie, you'd start as a warrior, but at max lvl there'd be 9 viable hero builds

Well that idea got poopooed along the way.

I think Shadowbane had the best class system. The gameplay blew donkey cock though.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:34 am

Naethyn wrote:Instanced pvp is gay.

Thats why they invented stranglethorn vail and darkshire.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:23 am

my WoW beef is that the endgame gear is usually build-specific

example: my warrior is fury-spec, and nearly all warrior-only armor pieces are made for tanking.

i had an idea for this: let's say all t2 armor that drops has well-rounded stats. good for arms, good for fury, good for prot. (this applies to any class, such as oomkin/feral/resto druids). then there is a brief quest to permanently specialize the armor into one of the three build areas. this way, you allow further personalization of your character beyond talent builds, and you get burned-out raiders back out there doing quests as well.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:25 am

brinstar wrote:my WoW beef is that the endgame gear is usually build-specific

example: my warrior is fury-spec, and nearly all warrior-only armor pieces are made for tanking.

i had an idea for this: let's say all t2 armor that drops has well-rounded stats. good for arms, good for fury, good for prot. (this applies to any class, such as oomkin/feral/resto druids). then there is a brief quest to permanently specialize the armor into one of the three build areas. this way, you allow further personalization of your character beyond talent builds, and you get burned-out raiders back out there doing quests as well.

Also a good idea.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:46 am

Or better, have different drops for different specs.

All Druid epic drops pigeonhole druids into Resto. It'd be nice if some were geared for balance or feral.

Ditto for all other classes and lack of diversity. The game pretty much is ass at the end in regards to allowing class diversity.

That's my biggest beef with WOW. Lack of more classes, and all classes are pretty much the same at endgame raiding. That's lame.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:49 am

The government is subliminally recruiting through online gaming?
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:50 am

lyion wrote:Or better, have different drops for different specs.

All Druid epic drops pigeonhole druids into Resto. It'd be nice if some were geared for balance or feral.

Ditto for all other classes and lack of diversity. The game pretty much is ass at the end in regards to allowing class diversity.

That's my biggest beef with WOW. Lack of more classes, and all classes are pretty much the same at endgame raiding. That's lame.

Totally agree. Why have speclines if you're just gonna streamline players into one talent type.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:04 pm

lyion wrote:Or better, have different drops for different specs.

totally agree with the rest of your statement, but think about this a little more

you can kill ragnaros once a week
he drops two t2 pants
there are eight classes (per side)
you've got a 1 in 4 chance PER WEEK of stormrage pants dropping
split stormrage into three different specs, and you've got a 1 in 12 chance per week of Stormrage Pants of Balance dropping

--and that's just if the law of averages behaves. my guild has been in MC for a year and so far we have exactly one lawbringer hat, not to mention that roughly 60% of our nexus crystal stockpile came from unwanted cenarion gear.

questable specialization of gear is much less bottleneck-y.

there is one thing to look forward to though, i've heard that when the expansion comes out, most gear will have sockets where jewelcrafters can affix certain gems to grant stats or bonuses (a la Diablo II). not an ideal solution to the pigeonhole problem, but at least it's something.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:09 pm

it'd be slick if the stats self adjusted based on how you were spec'd
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:23 pm

I really like Brinstar's idea.

If WoW wants to keep people in the long run they better get those hero classes out ASAP and allow for the characters to be more specialized, with gear to match.

I think for an original game without expansions they have done a pretty good job, now that the server issues are mostly behind them.

The next major expansion really needs to diversify the classes and add flavor to somewhat bland, cookie cutter toons at the endgame.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions