WSG PvP

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

WSG PvP

Postby Narrock » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:25 am

I did this for about 2 hours tonight. I should be at Grunt status by tomorrow when it updates (and then I'll finally be able to get the Insignia of the Horde). We won twice, but got spanked by Alliance twinks like 5 times in a row. Getting the flag is pretty hard unless you have the insignia of the Horde, or some free action potions. Is there anything else you can do to stop from getting dazed/stunned/hamstringed besides the insignia or pots? Even if you go in there with a good plan, a well-organized group, etc. the alliance twink noobs are still able to stop the flag-stealer like 90% of the time. Lame.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby mofish » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:41 am

Man I got destroyed multiple times yesterday by organized alliance twinks.

Worst defeat ever. Whole match < 10 minutes. Zero kills on our side. ZERO.

Im 19 warrior with a blue weapon, minor enchants, and level 18/19 green gear in all slots, and two decent rings, and I couldnt make a dent. Instantly destroyed every time I engaged. It was pathetic.
Last edited by mofish on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Dylan » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:53 am

I have a level 19 twink made specifically for WSG, and I won every game I played before the multiple server thing opened up, now ever since it opened I haven't one a single game :(
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:20 am

Mutilate might make dagger rogues viable again.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:28 am

Haha horde faggots. You guys suck.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Martrae » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:05 am

Zanchief wrote:Mutilate might make dagger rogues viable again.

Daggers aren't any good? I thought that was the rogue thing....
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:10 am

Martrae wrote:
Zanchief wrote:Mutilate might make dagger rogues viable again.

Daggers aren't any good? I thought that was the rogue thing....

I posted this in the wrong thread. I suck.

But as far as I know, dagger rogues are still crappier than sword rogues for DPS. Ginz can clarify.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Martrae » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:14 am

Hmm....I made a rogue....suggestions on specc'ing, etc?
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Alphonso » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:19 am

Is there anything else you can do to stop from getting dazed/stunned/hamstringed besides the insignia or pots?

Im pretty sure you mentioned that you were a druid on wow, and if thats the case you are the best flag runner there is. Just swtich out of whatever form you are in and no more snare!

But if you are in the 19 bracket its pretty much useless since the people who cant hang in the 60 bracket have to spend 300gold on level 19 blues to win :ugh:
Alphonso
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Donnel » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:22 am

I hate twinks.

I level to 30 before I do any BG's just because of them.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:52 am

Hmm....I made a rogue....suggestions on specc'ing, etc?

When leveling up DEFINITELY stick with combat spec. Put a sword or a mace in your main hand with high low and top end damage for the largest sinister strikes you can deliver. In most cases, the higher the top end damage the lower the speed of the weapon, you can compensate for this slow speed by using Slice and Dice. When you engage a mob, the first thing you should do is sinister strike to build one combo point, then slice and dice, then start building points again for the eviscerate.

At 60, combat sword/mace rogues put out more damage than dagger rogues in a PVE setting. There is only one fight I can think of (Vael in BWL) where dagger rogues put out more damage.

In a PVP setting, dagger rogues will argue that daggers are the way to go. This may be the case in some situations, i.e stealthing up behind a cloth class, ambushing and backstabbing. But if you are out in the field fighting mano-e-mano, I would still go with a sword or a mace because stunning and positioning yourself on a single target would prove to be too much of a hassle when you are being attacked by multiple people.

All in all, I think sword or mace rogues are more versatile than dagger rogues. And it's a lot easier to play because you don't have to constantly worry about positioning
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:57 am

Martrae wrote:Hmm....I made a rogue....suggestions on specc'ing, etc?

When did you sell your soul?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:01 am

What's your spec Ginz? I'm lvling a rogue now, he's 43 I think. He's combat spec now, with a few in assassination (imp s&d/malice).
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Martrae » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:25 am

Zanchief wrote:

About a week ago. I do this periodically...play WoW for a month or two then quit for 6 months. :)
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:27 am

Tauren druids own wsg.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:29 am

Martrae wrote:
Zanchief wrote:

About a week ago. I do this periodically...play WoW for a month or two then quit for 6 months. :)

You missed your peeps, the ADD crowd, on Lethon.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:31 am

Cool, what server?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Martrae » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:45 am

Anvilmar

And I don't have ADD! :P
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:48 am

Alliance I bet.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Martrae » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:30 am

Yeah, everyone else was alliance already.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:40 am

What's your spec Ginz? I'm lvling a rogue now, he's 43 I think. He's combat spec now, with a few in assassination (imp s&d/malice).

I'm not on raid squad anymore because of time constraints so I have been trying to sell my rogue. I play a 59 (almost 60) warlock on the same server, draenor. I was 20,31,0 before patch change. I was messing around with the rogue last night and ended up speccing 18, 33, 0 after the talent change.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:22 am

skill upgrade is pretty kick ass.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:51 am

Yeah. I'm sick of raiding and my rogue is too decked out to upgrade any of his equipment without raiding so thats why I am trying to sell him.

I'm just pimping out my lock with the tier 1.5 crap and MC gear I'll PVP with him. Destruction spec ftw.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lueyen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:05 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:At 60, combat sword/mace rogues put out more damage than dagger rogues in a PVE setting. There is only one fight I can think of (Vael in BWL) where dagger rogues put out more damage.

Thats a pretty blanket statement, there are a lot of factors that come into play. Combat daggers does comparable damage in a lot of fights.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:19 pm

Not in the tests that we performed. Granted I had the best weapons in the game and had over 1K unbuffed AP but the other rogues were pretty decked out as well and I was consistently on top. We tested against combat daggers and hemo dagger builds.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions