WSG PvP

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Narrock » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:41 pm

Naethyn wrote:Tauren druids own wsg.

That's what I am. Level 39 now. I won't go into WSG unless it was in the latter part of the level block, like 18-19, 28-29, 38-39, etc. I still get stunned like there's no tomorrow, and EVERY SINGLE GODFORSAKEN Monday night, there are NEVER any free action pots available in the AH. Now I'm gonna have to start working on my Alchemy skeelz. :-x
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Eldred » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:33 am

Hemo is a shit pve build, if your a raiding rogue swords are the way to go hands down, I consistantly out dps all of our other rogues who are dagger speced and I'm only using 1 main hand sword and a dagger off hand, once I get the extra sword off hand for more extra attacks I'll bump my dps a bit higher yet. Mace all in all isn't really all that good, the stun effects don't offer extra damage in any form just a off chance to stun, while great in pvp pretty worthless in pve. Hell fist is better than mace.
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Ginzburgh » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:51 pm

Mace all in all isn't really all that good, the stun effects don't offer extra damage in any form just a off chance to stun, while great in pvp pretty worthless in pve. Hell fist is better than mace.

It's the exact same as swords minus the extra attack via sword spec, so I wouldn't say it's worthless. Especially not for a human with +5 mace and +5 sword racial.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lueyen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:41 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:
Mace all in all isn't really all that good, the stun effects don't offer extra damage in any form just a off chance to stun, while great in pvp pretty worthless in pve. Hell fist is better than mace.

It's the exact same as swords minus the extra attack via sword spec, so I wouldn't say it's worthless. Especially not for a human with +5 mace and +5 sword racial.

Not to mention boss mobs that are stunable.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Eldred » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:27 pm

Compaired to sword it is worthless in pve. There is 0 chance for extra damage done vie a mace. Swords give you extra attack on 5% chance Daggers 5% crit Fist 5% crit both. If you are a pve raiding rogue maces are worthless comapired to swords (even for humans w/ thier +5 native ability) Maces have much shittier itemizaton the stats on the ones that are out their suck balls too. Again if your pvp speced yeah they arn't bad. But any pve rogue I ever see w/ a mace main hand I'll laugh at for being a stupid fucker.
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Susvain » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:58 pm

Narrock get the flag, stay close to a wall and if a melee gets on you use a macro to break your travel form, warstomp and go back into travel form. If there is a caster one of the best things is a tidal charm some lvl 30ish trinket from arathi highlands. Right click and your target is stunned for 3 seconds, awesome for interupting a caster. I also suggest buying Green Whelp Armor, has a chance when hit by melee to put the person to sleep for 10 seconds.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:55 pm

Susvain wrote:Narrock get the flag, stay close to a wall and if a melee gets on you use a macro to break your travel form, warstomp and go back into travel form. If there is a caster one of the best things is a tidal charm some lvl 30ish trinket from arathi highlands. Right click and your target is stunned for 3 seconds, awesome for interupting a caster. I also suggest buying Green Whelp Armor, has a chance when hit by melee to put the person to sleep for 10 seconds.

Great suggestions, thanks. I just dinged 41, so it's gonna be a while before I go PvP'ing in WSG. I forgot about warstomp lol. And I'm definitely going to look into that trinket.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:38 am

lolz...oh the mis-information posted here
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Donnel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:47 am

Hi2U Sir!
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Agrajag » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:57 am

Tacks wrote:lolz...oh the mis-information posted here

Don't you just love it when a has-been makes a half-assed remark without backing it up with facts?
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:00 am

has-been :rofl:
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Agrajag » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:02 am

I still see no facts to back up your snide comment. I am assuming there are non at this juncture.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:04 am

No, i just don't care
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Agrajag » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:11 am

You cared enough to initially post. So, apparently you are a liar, too?
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:45 pm

Perhaps Taxx can provide us with some valuable insight on successful PvP'ing...
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Agrajag » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:53 pm

Narrock wrote:Perhaps Taxx can provide us with some valuable insight on successful PvP'ing...

Then again, probably not.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions