NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:55 pm

i'm pretty bored with it so not on much
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Burgy99 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:31 pm

Have you tried any of the new raid instances Tacks?
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Biph_Dawgy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:30 am

I was one of the unlucky people who didnt receive a beta key
Biph_Dawgy
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:57 am

This is from a hunter who is in the beta on from our guild.

"Well after the raid and fresh bandage on my finger I logged into beta last night for a little bit. Lets just say it is a completly different experience for a hunter now with the changes going in.

First Spec I tried out was a 41/7/3 spec and lets just say this is the bread and butter spec for grinding out the levels. My serpent which i forgot to take out of raid spec (Still loaded down with FR and little armor boosting) Was sitting at 7500 in armor 4400 in hit points and doing 105 DPS (Not in Frenzy). That is almost a double DPS gain on the pet.

Now I know your thinking this had to gimp my dps. Nope mine went up a little with the speed bonus out of BM Tree and the none stop AoTH procs. With the tier 8 talent my atk speed was sitting at 1.8 with my Striker's Mark and AV quiver (15%).
Fully Procs with IAoTH and Rapid Fire i was at 1.2 speed and chewing up mobs.

Something we did lose though was alot of range ATK power in that spec i am sitting at 878 Atk when before i would have been right around 1050. Not a big lose but imagine what we would be like if we kept that atk power.

Good news for anyone without an upgraded range weapon there is a crossbow in one the first quests you come across that is 44.5 DPS with 7agi 12 sta and 5 str. (Strikers mark is 49 DPS).

Well that is all I have to report from my first hour or so in the expansion more to come as it get going.

Oh yeah exp is not that hard to get most mobs that i was taking down were giving from 800 to 1100 exp points (59-61 range) "
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:00 am

and from someone else, I think he is a rogue, but I am not sure

"Here's another update from the beta test, and today I'll focus on some of the new game mechanics that TBC will offer.

%#*&$ is up to level 66 (they jacked up the amount of experience required per level as they lifted the level cap from 67 to 70) and have explored the 2 new zones opened up -- Blade's Edge Mountains and Netherstorm. Netherstorm in particular is very cool and has the most alien feel of all the zones so far. It consists of 5-6 floating land masses in the Twisting Nether connected by a few bridges. Scattered around are massive Blood Elf mana pumping stations collecting raw mana from the barren, desert-like landscape. Then there are a couple of domed regions that are completey different with rivers and forest that are in stark contrast to the rest of the region. I'm not at a high enough level yet to actually pick up quests in this zone, but I can't wait.

As the game is evolving there have been a few elements added to the mix that are shaping up rather nicely in terms of the basic game mechanics:

-Druid flight form: Although I have not experienced this personally, the raising of the level cap has allowed druids to obtain flight form and it looks pretty cool. They can zip around to spots on the map much quicker and they have access to regions that were previously unreachable by land (like over mountains in Hellfire Peninsula and Blade's Edge and onto other landmasses in Netherstorm). I don't know if they can draw aggro off the ground, though -- I'll have to check it out.

-Bombing runs: Holy crap, these are fun. Some quests in Hellfire and the world PvP in Nagrand is based on hopping on an armored gryphon or windrider and dropping bombs on everything below you. In Nagrand it's really cool because you need to bomb the Halaari guards to kill them (and thus be able to control the PvP town) as well as the Horde trying to destroy the windrider roosts that you are using to take flight from. It's hectic and lots of fun.

-Herbalism: I'll make a post about professions later but I needed to mention a few changes to herbalism that I thought were really neat. First, there are certain mobs that herbalists can "skin" once dead and looted (obviously, the plant based ones like Ents and Bog Giants). About half the time you get crap, but the other half of the time you can get some rare herbs, Motes of Life (holy cow I have over a hundred of these things), or other common outland herbs like Felweed. Also, Dreaming Glory gives you a 15 min (?) buff and Netherbloom gives you a random 15 min buff/debuff everytime you pick them.

-Socketing: Well, anyone who has played Diablo 2 knows about socketing. I've found a few socketed item (mostly faction rewards) but have not really invested any time into them since the potential stats I could get on the pieces wouldn't make them better than my currently equipped gear. However, I can say that there appears to be many different kinds of gems of a given color (for example, I've personally seen at least 12 different gems that could fit into a red socket), making it posible to tailor armor and weapons to whatever you want them to be.

Anyway, that's enough for now. Same routine as before -- if anyone want's to know about anything specific, post a message and I'll try find the answer. In the next week or so I plan on doing more group work and PvP as I've just about exhausted all the soloable quests. I'll let you know how things go.

PS: For all you rogues out there I've checked out some of our new abilities.

I respecced for a week to a 41-pt. Subtlety build so I could try out Hemo for the first time and some of the higher level talents. The build works well, especially for burst damage since you can get 5 pts. off of a single Cheap Shot, not to mention the damage boost you get with Serrated Blades and Sinister Calling. It was hard for me to maintain energy during extented battles, but Preparation and a second Evasion usually got me through the worst of it. Shadowstep to me is a little weak and limited, since it can be foiled simply by a moving target. But overall a good build, and definitely viable for PvE as well as it's intended PvP.

41-pt. Combat is where I am now, and I love it, especially using a Nexus-Claw and a Void-Talon, both purchased off of a vendor in Netherstorm (which was kind of a nice to see because, in general, Rogue itemization outside of instances seems kind of weak to me). Aggression and Vitality all help in the buffing our Damage Soaking capabilities (good for PvE), Adrenaline Rush has always been spectacular, and now Combat Potency makes energy generation even better.

As far as abilities go, Envenom: bleh (you're better off with the DoT unless you time this right to strike as the poison fades); Deadly Throw: OK, but Crippling Poison was more reliable for me since you get the universal cooldown when switching to throwing daggers; and Cloak of Shadows: Yes Yes Yes! We finally have an answer to those damn casters dropping a cubic buttload of DoT's on us then kiting us to death. I've use it in PvP and it does its job well.

OK, really, that's it for now"
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:02 am

Greetings from Shattrath City!

The reason why I have been conspicuously absent from Medivh for the last week or so is that I've been spending all my play time on the other side of the Dark Portal wandering through Outland. I've created a Blood Elf hunter, a Draenei Shaman, gotten *@^#($@$ (nee the rogue @($%) up to level 64, and have pretty much seen all of the currently available Outland zones and figured now would be a good time to offer up impressions of the expansion if people are interested. I don't want to blow any surprises for anyone so if you'd rather not be tempted I'll quit posting about it. For those who are interested, feel free to ask questions or give me assignments -- I like to troll around and figure out what I can and can't do, where I can and can't go...

I can give specific insight to a few things -- namely how rogues are shaping up (eh so far), herbalism (fun!) and alchemy, cooking (7500 hp, mana recipes), fishing, and first aid (save your Runecloth), and some of the non-arena PvP. But I'll also try to do my best and check out other stuff too like Jewelcrafting and how other classes are coming around (holy @$!* warlocks look tough).

So far, I can say it's been a lot of fun. Outland is definitely a breath of fresh air after having been mired at 60 for what seems like an eternity. At 64 I've already replaced a purple and 2 blues with green drops and quest rewards so you don't need to be jacked up in BWL gear to do well, but having good gear coming in to the expansion definitely helps. Zangarmarsh is easily my most favorite zone, whether it's because of the very alien atmosphere or that it's an herbalist's dream is tough to say. And you also need to keep ties to Azeroth since there are (currently) no class trainers or AH's in Outland (but Shattrath City does have a one-way portal to each capital city).
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby DESX » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:53 pm

Yes the big issue that is popping up with burning crusade is a LOT of ppl saying that warlocks are getting super over-powered in the expansion. Also rogue's are sucking bad in expansion when it comes out mages will be more powerful in single target dmg then rogues. Now some ppl will argue that they will still be the best single target sustained dmg class but that is still gonna suck.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:55 pm

They're going to scale back warlocks. The problem now is that at level 70 things are incredibly unbalanced. Tons of nerfs and tweaks will be incoming and lots of whining will commence.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions