Banned?

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Banned?

Postby ybik gnome » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:11 am

Any of you guys get caught in the ban wave? A friend did, and my farming lock got caught, so sad.
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:21 am

Cheaters never win
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Banned?

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:22 am

ybik gnome wrote:Any of you guys get caught in the ban wave? A friend did, and my farming lock got caught, so sad.

what were you doing that you got banned?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ybik gnome » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:29 am

The Kizzy wrote:Cheaters never win

Technically true to a certain degree, if by never win you mean make 2k+ gold, then get banned, you are correct.

he was using http://www.wowglider.com It was like his 2nd 60, and my 9th or there abouts. I like wow, I like lvling, 2 or 3 times, but after that its tedious, and I dont like trading wow accounts. To many dicks out there who like to reclaim and be gay.
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:48 am

at work so can't get to wowglider

what is it?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ybik gnome » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:53 am

Its a bot that plays your character for you, it use to only cost 15$ and be competely un detectable, now the maker is whoring it out all over the internet, so where use to 2-5% of wow population used it, now a good chunk size of maybe 15% use it. It now cost 25$, and the maker has sold quite a few keys, so he's making a comfy living, but he keeps the software up to date.

Since I stopped gliding about 3 months ago, I assume thats why I did not get banned, only my alt account did, I pretty much have been reporting every person I see also now.

Side note: Holy shit, someone just posted that had 23k gold on their account that got banned. Thats alot of fucking gold/inflation.
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:05 am

how can you tell who's using it?

back when I was playing my hunter, I know there was 1 farmer I used to harass

I'd just tap every mob just before she (paladin) started attacking, and let her farm for me
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ybik gnome » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 am

Hmm, its not to hard, usually the stupid ones have AFK/DND tag up and are wailing away.

Lock usually cast COA followed by Corruption on every mob, then either an immolate or life tap(depending on the macro)

on and on....

You can tell easiest by if they do sudden sharp turns and target mobs before they are fully visable on respawns, choppy movements, some random circles things like that.

Hunters with a pet "Boar" are usually bots. The whole tap thing actually got patched awhile back, its just people dont want to upgrade to the new version that fixes that problem.

Easiest way to harrass a bot, make a hotkey with alot of /duel (like 20 lines) and spam it after every kill, eventually if the corpse is near the duel window on the screen, the bot will click accept, and then could flag the bot for pvp! :)
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:18 am

it's bizarre the way people turn leisure time into work =\

almost as bizarre as the people who'd rather pay $$ for stuff rather than just go get it themselves, jeje
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ybik gnome » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:40 am

Exactly, WOW isnt a hard game at all. Come on areana battles now! If they suck, then I think im done finally.
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:01 am

They do suck, and so do you.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:06 am

it's bizarre the way people turn leisure time into work =\

almost as bizarre as the people who'd rather pay $$ for stuff rather than just go get it themselves, jeje

Eh...I disagree. I have never paid for gold or bought any charectors, but I do understand that there are people out there with more money than time, so it's easier for them to buy a high level charector rather than taking the time to level it themselves.

I personally would be fine leveling up slowing if I didn't have that much time to spend on the game. Some people just want it all I guess :dunno:
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:10 am

that's stupid

leveling and playing the game is like 95% of the experience
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ybik gnome » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:01 pm

Agreeing with Ginz on this, I remember back in EQ, where some doctor or something bought quite a bit of gold and characters just so he could play by himself or something like that.

Its all relative. I consider people who watch TV for 5 hours when they come home from work as a waste of time, but the same people say Im wasting time playing a game for 5 hours when I come home.
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:03 pm

that's stupid

leveling and playing the game is like 95% of the experience

Yeah, it's not something I would do even if I did have more money than time.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:04 pm

Paying someone to level you is like paying someone to watch a TV show for you and then tell you the highlights except they leave out 90% of the details.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:12 pm

Well, the only reason I could think that someone would buy someones else's hooked up charector is for PVP.

I quit right after my guild put Cthun down and was going to Naxx. I sold my rogue for $500.

I don't think there is anything wrong with SELLING your cha. Better to sell it than let it rot. 500 bucks is 500 bucks.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:13 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:Well, the only reason I could think that someone would buy someones else's hooked up charector is for PVP.

I quit right after my guild put Cthun down and was going to Naxx. I sold my rogue for $500.

I don't think there is anything wrong with SELLING your cha. Better to sell it than let it rot. 500 bucks is 500 bucks.

at the end of Velious, someone offered me $4k for my Rogue

I turned it down

in retrospect I almost wish I'd taken it, but looking at my time invested after that point, i got way more than $4k worth of entertainment out of eq, and ended up saving probably $10k because i didn't do anything else, other than EQ, hah
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:17 pm

Eh...yeah that was a bad decision Tikker.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:22 pm

ybik gnome wrote:Its all relative. I consider people who watch TV for 5 hours when they come home from work as a waste of time, but the same people say Im wasting time playing a game for 5 hours when I come home.

Isn't that the truth. Similar analogy was always people that couldn't fathom spending 15 bucks on a monthly fee for online gaming, when they would spend three times that every weekend on bars / movies / going out to eat.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:27 pm

Reynaldo wrote:
ybik gnome wrote:Its all relative. I consider people who watch TV for 5 hours when they come home from work as a waste of time, but the same people say Im wasting time playing a game for 5 hours when I come home.

Isn't that the truth. Similar analogy was always people that couldn't fathom spending 15 bucks on a monthly fee for online gaming, when they would spend three times that every weekend on bars / movies / going out to eat.

like i said, I bet I saved $10k/year in entertainment costs playing EQ
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:32 pm

Yeah I definitely agree that I saved some cash by playing mmo's...at the risk of sacrificing some of my social life. But I DID have a lot of fun and my real life friends played too which made it all the better.

I'll never play an mmo again like I played EQ, DAoC and WoW. If I ever play again, it will be very casually. Other than that I'll just stick with console systems.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:35 pm

WoW is a great casual MMO

it's a lot better as a casual mmo than as a hardcore mmo
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:40 pm

Yeah, I wish I hadn't gone at it full force. If I hadn't done that, maybe I would still enjoy playing it. But when you accomplish all the end game stuff and get decked out in the best gear, playing casually is boring because you can't accomplish anything without being in a raid. Other than PVP, which gets really boring in WoW.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby DESX » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:35 pm

lol yeah my bro created a script to tradeskill and crp for him in eq 2 lol he was like first on server to max em out and he sold his char for like 600.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions