Trial

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Trial

Postby Gargamellow » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:42 pm

..is interesting...but lacks a lot of the detail that I love about EQ.

Going to have a little fun with it, though. Trials are FREE, after all!
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:30 am

...the detail of EQ? Like the detail of the graphics that are about a decade old? Or the detail in the quests that don't exist? Or the detail in the game play that's been patched over so many times it's near impossible to play?

No ma'am, detail is the wrong word. It lacks the friends list you made in EQ, not the detail.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gargamellow » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:55 pm

Naw..I can see why people get bored and go back to EQ. I probably will play this one out and go back as well. I am seeing this game as the Mario form of FF.

WoW is beautiful, though. And the play is funtastic.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:30 pm

You can only go out and do the same quest 11 different ways for a few months before anyone with a brain gets sick of it.

EQ has plenty of quests, they just aren't hand-fed to you by faggoty icons. (When I last quit they weren't yet)
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gargamellow » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:55 pm

Amen.

For now...I am off to the RP server, which is where I will stay should I decide to permanate my occupation of the gameblamation.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:09 pm

Go play old school text based muds if you want games that are only challenging because of horribly outdated interfaces.

EQ is hard because it's unintuitive and archaic. WoW is easy because it's optimized.

Enjoy your crapfest of a game, the real gamers are playing WoW now.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby LostCause » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:10 pm

Harrison wrote:You can only go out and do the same quest 11 different ways for a few months before anyone with a brain gets sick of it.

EQ has plenty of quests, they just aren't hand-fed to you by faggoty icons. (When I last quit they weren't yet)
LostCause
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:08 am

optimized LOL no..this is made to convenience..eq is made to challenge you to the point of wanting to beat someone's fucking face in

i already said I am enjoying wow..why do I have to keep defending eq and its awesome power?
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:12 am

EQ isn't made to challenge, it's like an old car you've grown attached too that you have need a screw driver to turn on and has a bottomed out floor to get her going Flintstones style.

The last time I played EQ it was much easier to level than it was in WoW, and would take a person a lot less time to level all the way to 60. It's just annoying and awkward because the game is from the stoneage.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:26 am

it is evolving with the times..tho i prefer the old school

i am angry that i had no idea about this wow patch

i got the trial friday night and i have a lvl 15 warrior...questing is so easy, i have been ignoring everyone
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby ybik gnome » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:00 am

Come play on my server Haomarush...You better slow down, you can only get to lvl 20 on the trial btw.
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lueyen » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:14 am

Gargamellow wrote:i am angry that i had no idea about this wow patch

Every Tuesday
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:24 pm

good to know

p.s. walte: i plan to pay for it by lvl 20...btw..slow down? no way...i want to have full character slots..i have no time!

u guys gotta come see me because i am the n00b and i want to start fresh..you should see how stacked my warrior is in her newbie quest items and loot drops!

eventually i will be starting an ancient heroes on wow as well...as soon as i get the people..going to play eq still...but probably appoint someone to run eq ah for me while I build woiw ah

anyone seen baldamor? i need to speak with him about ah2 on eq2...does it still exist?anyone?
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Maeya » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:43 pm

What server are you on Garg?

I agree both EQ and WOW have their strong points and weaknesses, but I really like how easy it is to get into WOW, do a quest or two, and be able to pop back out again. No serious time investment if you don't want it. Plus the dances are much better than EQ's.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby ybik gnome » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:39 pm

Gargamellow wrote:good to know

p.s. walte: i plan to pay for it by lvl 20...btw..slow down? no way...i want to have full character slots..i have no time!

u guys gotta come see me because i am the n00b and i want to start fresh..you should see how stacked my warrior is in her newbie quest items and loot drops!

eventually i will be starting an ancient heroes on wow as well...as soon as i get the people..going to play eq still...but probably appoint someone to run eq ah for me while I build woiw ah

anyone seen baldamor? i need to speak with him about ah2 on eq2...does it still exist?anyone?

Why dont you come join my server ~ We have the most active pvp server in all of wow.

Before anyone says "oh no, you have the most gankers or my server does..."

No, we have Total War(Horde) and The Resistance(Alliance), world pvp dedicated guilds with members in BWL + gear who just got tired of pvp and raid towns nightly. They actually took over IF for about 30 minutes one night, was amazing.

Haomarush, if you get bored look up total war on Video google, they have alot of promo vids. I have my own guild were running with some RL friends and ventrilo, look me up on yim if you want the info.
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:48 pm

sounds pretty fucking gay.

claiming any server has "more of this" or "more of that" is fucking retarded when there's 125 servers out there.

And I seriously doubt anyone just starting out who is going to play casually really gives a shit about pvp, especially Garg who would probably rather chat with someone than to go kill someone.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:59 pm

Zanchief wrote:Go play old school text based muds if you want games that are only challenging because of horribly outdated interfaces.

EQ is hard because it's unintuitive and archaic. WoW is easy because it's optimized.

Enjoy your crapfest of a game, the real gamers are playing WoW now.

:rofl:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:06 pm

Nah, the real gamers couldn't make it to 60.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:00 pm

I am on the role play server that was new...I like it..it forces people to be respectful..therein causing them to leave me the fuck alone most of the time...sometimes peeps take my shit but that's online gaming and i stop being angry easily since it is an easily rewarding game..and i love convenience and the dances as well...maeya:P

i will be forming an ancient heroes as soon as i get my account validated and get the people..and my name is obvious to anyone with common sense if you want to find me

see ya going to own some stuff

p.s. taxx is right about me wanting to chat like a mofaka

fuck raids..fuck anything that involves any kind of responsibility in my game...i don't pay to work
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Burgy99 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:51 am

I don't think there could ever be any server competition as tight as Mal ganis. Elitist Jerks, Aeternus, Retribution, Pro Baddies, Aurora, Sword of Storms,Aftermath, ahh those were good times :)

EQ vs WoW arguements are so dumb, other than the fact that they are both MMOs they have little in common. EQ was a mud based on grinding. You always looked at what you "could" be. WoW plays more like an action-RPG with quick rewards.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Naethyn » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:19 am

Wow is a better game. It damn well should be. It came out how many years later? Every aspect of game play is superior. The difference is eq did it first and not only did it do it first it did it great. So great that there are message boards out there with active users who don't even play the game, but still want the feeling of it's community. Although wow may be a superior game, it will never match eq's greatness.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby ybik gnome » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:35 am

Tacks wrote:sounds pretty fucking gay.

claiming any server has "more of this" or "more of that" is fucking retarded when there's 125 servers out there.

And I seriously doubt anyone just starting out who is going to play casually really gives a shit about pvp, especially Garg who would probably rather chat with someone than to go kill someone.

Apologies for missunderstanding taxx. I should say, the most active world pvp server FUCKING EVER YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER.

But yea RP is nice, but its usually alot of men playing women characters trying to cyber themselfs.

I find it funny people are still PvE raiding at the moment also, as much as I want to raid, when the stuff your spending 5-30g a night on repairs in bwl+ shit will be outdated in 2 months had alot of the guilds on my server shut down the raids. We have 2 guilds in naxx, 3ish in mc, the rest are in ZG/aq20 for rep basically.

I do have a kick ass twink though that is plowing through WSGs though!
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:51 am

ybik gnome wrote:
Apologies for missunderstanding taxx. I should say, the most active world pvp server FUCKING EVER YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER.

So you played world pvp on every single server then I assume.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ybik gnome » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:48 am

No, people transfer from every other server to come to our server. Its been posted on the blizzard forums and agreed on many times.
ybik gnome
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:02 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you're stupid
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions