More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tacks » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:30 pm

too funny
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Menlaan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:30 pm

I usually don't come out on the side of Taxx, but I have to agree with him here that all Naethyn is saying basically is "nuh uhh, you can't know what you're talking about b/c of your server", and seems incapable of actually explaining "why" or in stepping up and accepting Taxx's challenge in a cross-server battleground.
Menlaan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Naethyn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:31 pm

Menlaan wrote:I usually don't come out on the side of Taxx, but I have to agree with him here that all Naethyn is saying basically is "nuh uhh, you can't know what you're talking about b/c of your server", and seems incapable of actually explaining "why" or in stepping up and accepting Taxx's challenge in a cross-server battleground.

Mostly because of the fact that I quit wow a long time ago.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Menlaan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:34 pm

If you admit it, then why the post barrage about it?
Menlaan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Naethyn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:35 pm

What?
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:35 pm

come on now, don't be the stereotypical pvp server player! :rofl:
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:36 pm

Naethyn wrote:
If you had any idea of what pvp really is, you would also know that level 10s dont play in contested areas where 60's are located. And if you do know this I must ask who is making the generalizations?

are you really that retarded?

would you like me to spell out my point in smaller words so that you can understand?

duels != pvp
ganking lowbies != pvp

people on all servers raid cities, towns, etc etc

the only difference between the 2 is that you can choose to flag yourself in the non-pvp servers if you feel like PvP'ing, or you can just go about your business
PvP isn't inflicted upon you unless you feel like it that day

full time PVP'ers are not better at pvp by default, nor do they always pvp more than non-PvP-server people
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:38 pm

Tacks wrote:
Naethyn wrote:
Tacks wrote:hahaha so you think a 40 person zergfest is pvp? Laughable

I guess people who are skilless and can depend on 39 others to bail them out would consider it that. I prefer the smaller encounters where your individual skills actually matter.

And thats exactly what true world pvp is.

you're clueless. call it whatever you want, but you can't honestly sit there and say it takes more skill to play AV than any other encounter.

True world pvp died when the honor system was released

You probably play a mage or hunter and sit back behind 30 people and fire off multishot/blizzard and call yourself talented :rofl:

I did not mean that AV was true world pvp.

Tacks wrote: I prefer the smaller encounters where your individual skills actually matter.

That is true world pvp.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:40 pm

Tikker wrote:
Naethyn wrote:
If you had any idea of what pvp really is, you would also know that level 10s dont play in contested areas where 60's are located. And if you do know this I must ask who is making the generalizations?

are you really that retarded?

would you like me to spell out my point in smaller words so that you can understand?

duels != pvp
ganking lowbies != pvp

people on all servers raid cities, towns, etc etc

the only difference between the 2 is that you can choose to flag yourself in the non-pvp servers if you feel like PvP'ing, or you can just go about your business
PvP isn't inflicted upon you unless you feel like it that day

full time PVP'ers are not better at pvp by default, nor do they always pvp more than non-PvP-server people

I guess thats where we disagree. I don't think players on PVE should call themselves PVP players. True, they get to experience a form of pvp. But they get to make the choice day to day of they are pvp or not. In real pvp that option is not available.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:46 pm

That's probably one of the most assinine things I've ever heard said. Just because you levelled to 60 on a pvp server doesn't mean you've even done 1/10th the shit I've done in pvp. Based on my experience I can then say that since you haven't done shit that you're not a true pvper.

How's that for senseless logic?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:58 pm

Tacks wrote:That's probably one of the most assinine things I've ever heard said. Just because you levelled to 60 on a pvp server doesn't mean you've even done 1/10th the shit I've done in pvp. Based on my experience I can then say that since you haven't done shit that you're not a true pvper.

How's that for senseless logic?

I'm truly honored I could make that list. And your right, I havn't done 1/10th of the shit you've done in pvp. In fact, I would hope that wow is an entirely different game today than the unbalanced pos I put up with. And honestly I'm not trying to compare my epeen against yours taxx. I mean, I could bring up the fact that I had 4 pieces of dragonstalker before bwl was released or how I was ranked #1 on the hunters in my sever, both in pvp and gear on the highest population pvp server available.

But today that matters not. As I would hope by now anything I achieved then is so far out of date it matters little. One point I would like to make is this. On character creation you make a choice PVE or PVP. Both can experience pvp but only one is true pvp.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Don't even try the epeen, you won't win, I promise you.

Apparently you couldn't handle the TRUE PVPZ

there is absolutely no difference other than what was already pointed out.

And what list are you talking about?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:06 pm

Let's dissect your points. First, you implicate that World PVP takes more skill than BG PVP. This is obviously false as world PVP relies solely on gank law and has nothing to do with a fair fight. Saying it's real fighting is like saying jumping some Wino stumbling out of a bar is more challenging than stepping in the ring with a real fighter.

Your next point is PVE servers are safe, so its weaker. However, PVP servers have safe areas, too. Ya know, contested, alliance, horde, remeber? So what you're saying is valid in WOW PVP as well. It isn't the unmitigated danger that, say DAOC frontiers was or Shadowbane. Also, it's easy to go 1-60 without seeing another soul, and since the smart players level in instances, there is no consistent PVP danger.

I find it interesting that you feel Skill is only relevant in world PVP. Nothing could be further from the truth, since death is meaningless in WOW, and the only real equal form of competition comes from Battlegrounds.

If you really wanted it rough, you played on Andred/Mordred in DAOC which was no holds barred PVP. No Safe areas like in the WOW PVP servers.

Given there is no penalty for death, world PVP has no objectives except weak honor point acquisition, and good, competitive PVP is really only possible in the BGs, you haven't given any reasons for your view that PVP server players have any more skill than PVE ones.

..and I'm a PVP server player, too.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:14 pm

The only real difference I found in leveling up a character on a PVP server as opposed to a PVE one was that on the PVP server, you were subject to random insta-deaths as you were leveling up if an opposing faction L60 happened by. It didn't result in any greater "skill", the only PVP skills I picked up that I hadn't gotten from BGs on my PVE server were related specifically to the class I was playing, which is one I hadn't played before. All I really did was spend more time having to run back to my corpse than on a PVE server, but even in incredibly contested areas like STV, it wasn't THAT much more often.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:16 pm

This is like a pissing contest in Diablo 2.

Someone will win but you're both still homos for arguing over a shitty game.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:18 pm

go back to Halo

nm you can't afford xbox lawlz
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:22 pm

:ugh:

I probably hate Halo more than I hate WoW.

Halo is the FPS for people who suck at them.
Just how WoW is the MMO for people who suck at them...
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:35 pm

Harrison wrote:

Halo is the FPS for people who suck at them.

lolz thats why i said you would play it lollers get it? haha
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:47 pm

Now I do :-x

My brain shuts off after work. Way too much fucking math.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:17 pm

ps, everyone forgot to laugh at naethyn for survival spec hunter
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:30 pm

Tikker wrote:ps, everyone forgot to laugh at naethyn for survival spec hunter

Before the revamp it was argueably the best for pvp.

Woot for survival spec!
hehe
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gargamellow » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:46 pm

lol harri
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby DESX » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:24 pm

I find world pvp to be a lot easier....rather then in BG when you are mostly going straight forward. I'll often be walking by thousand needles and crp flagged on a pve and see a horde player. I just stealth Ambush, blind+ vanish + ambush + preparation + blind + ambush and then depending if they are casters or not i hook up various trinkets i have. Dmg shield, Death ray, mind control, net-o-matic, etc. They will usually get like 2-3 hits by the time that is all over if that. Which isnt all that bad considering I have 2.6k hp unbuffed at 39 as a rogue.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:15 am

Ambush, blind+ vanish + ambush + preparation + blind + ambush

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:24 am

Naethyn wrote:
I guess thats where we disagree. I don't think players on PVE should call themselves PVP players. True, they get to experience a form of pvp. But they get to make the choice day to day of they are pvp or not. In real pvp that option is not available.

so really, in your opinion, ganking is the only difference between pvpers and non-pvpers

gimp~
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions