WOW Casual BC crew

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

WOW Casual BC crew

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Who all is still WOWing it, and where?

I'm interested in levelling and screwing around in BC, but would prefer to have a solid group to level through it.

I have a 60 Druid (Horde), 60 Paladin (PVP) and 46 Mage (Horde).
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Mop » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:51 pm

I would think about it, I could honestly only play couple times a week for a few hours .shrug . I would have to reinstall wow tho...
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:57 pm

Tempting, but I don't know...
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:57 pm

Mop wrote:I would think about it, I could honestly only play couple times a week for a few hours .shrug . I would have to reinstall wow tho...

Same here. I haven't played much since we were raiding this summer on Blackhand. I won't be raiding 4-7 nights a week, ever again.

I'd like to get 5 people and stroll through BC enjoying it a few hours here and there. A few nights a week is perfect.

It might be worthwhile to see if we can get 5 playing on a RP or newer server, for fun. 25 bucks to transfer to a RP or better suited non-d00derrific server and setup a casual team. We have Priest/Druid covered with us, so it shouldn't be too rough to get 3 other people.

Zan, Tikker, you, I, one other fun person... that'd be a great group to play a few nights a week.
Last edited by Lyion on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:21 pm

lyion wrote:
Mop wrote:I would think about it, I could honestly only play couple times a week for a few hours .shrug . I would have to reinstall wow tho...

Same here. I haven't played since we were raiding this summer on Blackhand. I won't be raiding 4-7 nights a week, ever again.

I'd like to get 5 people and stroll through BC enjoying it a few hours here and there. A few nights a week is perfect.

It might be worthwhile to see if we can get 5 playing on a RP or newer server, for fun. 25 bucks to transfer to a RP or better suited non-d00derrific server and setup a casual team. We have Priest/Druid covered with us, so it shouldn't be too rough to get 3 other people.

Zan, Tikker, you, I, one other fun person... that'd be a great group to play a few nights a week.

i don't think you're ever going to escape the d00ds, but with everything instanced, it doesn't really matter either
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:02 pm

Lyion, you're Ralf version 2.0. How many games have you tried to do this in and then never ended up doing it?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:05 pm

Hmm, tried to do what? You mean not being a monogamous gamer?

Some people like to fool around in multiple games. Some like to meet and fool around with multiple internet board womenz to score. To each their own.

I'm not looking to start a guild and raid endgame content. I do have two 60s and play WOW occasionally right now, as I'm sure others do.

I was hoping LOTRO or Vanguard would be more fun in beta, but neither really holds any interest to me at all.

Forgive me if I can't see how looking for 3 or 4 peeps to explore BC with would make me Ralf 2.0, there, Casanova.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:32 pm

lyion wrote:Hmm, tried to do what? You mean not being a monogamous gamer?

Some people like to fool around in multiple games. Some like to meet and fool around with multiple internet board womenz to score. To each their own.

I'm not looking to start a guild and raid endgame content. I do have two 60s and play WOW occasionally right now, as I'm sure others do.

I was hoping LOTRO or Vanguard would be more fun in beta, but neither really holds any interest to me at all.

Forgive me if I can't see how looking for 3 or 4 peeps to explore BC with would make me Ralf 2.0, there, Casanova.
:rofl:
Jay

Postby Ginzburgh » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:33 pm

If anything, you should level up to 70 on the nameless server, round up a group of people, run Ginzburgh through OS, kill Trakkanon and give me my ES BP.

Only that will lift the hex that I had put on you five years ago.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:35 pm

I have Impi's password. Will that work instead?
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:47 pm

Way to completely miss what I was getting at old man.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:50 pm

Lyion, you're Ralf version 2.0. How many games have you tried to do this in and then never ended up doing it?

Hmm, this didn't seem quite The Theory of Relativity to decipher.

Splain what I missed there. This was my response to your point. I think you have a good point about fickle gaming, and I'm not sure how long anyone else or I would last, but WOW still seems to be the best MMO around, and the expansion seems good to me.

Forgive me if I can't see how looking for 3 or 4 peeps to explore BC with would make me Ralf 2.0, there
Last edited by Lyion on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:50 pm

How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:53 pm

I have Impi's password. Will that work instead?

No. The curse remains.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:56 pm

I think 10sun can dual box kill Trak'anon. I'll buy him lunch to kill Trak for you a few times.

How sad is that, remembering how tough it was for us in the day?
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:25 pm

And you guys got to try trakanon AFTER we'd done it, and forced them to fix the server problems that existed when we were trying. Remember how night after night OS would get reset, cause LOS trying Trak would crash the zone? We finally got them to get their server people to observe an attempt, and when it inevitably crashed, it helped them find a hardware issue, that they were then able to correct.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:37 pm

This thread has Ginz drama, Taxx flaming, and Arlos reminiscing on LOS superiority.
All the pre-requisites for the hall of flame.

Can we get back on who else might be interested in a casual BC group, now, prease? No tangent.

Zan, Tikk are you guys at all interested? I've gotten two PMs. Just looking for a few people to group regularly for BC.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:44 pm

I have a 29 Warrior and a 60 lock on Draenor.

The 29 warrior is built for 20-29 pvp (and that's where he is staying) and the 60 lock is my "main" that I'll be leveling to 70 when BC comes around.

So transfer to Draenor and you've got a deal.

Alliance /cry
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:45 pm

Reinstalling WoW now... see you in about 2 hours. heh
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:50 pm

I think what taxx was implying is that you're genetically incapable of playing a game "casually".

Not that that's bad, I certainly am incapable of playing a MMO "casually". I want to be as close to the cutting edge of raiding as possible, and always trying new and challenging encounters. Playing half-assed and doing the same dungeon for the 378th time bores me to tears.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:54 pm

arlos wrote:I think what taxx was implying is that you're genetically incapable of playing a game "casually".

Not that that's bad, I certainly am incapable of playing a MMO "casually". I want to be as close to the cutting edge of raiding as possible, and always trying new and challenging encounters. Playing half-assed and doing the same dungeon for the 378th time bores me to tears.

-Arlos

Sign on and power-level me, np. :hiphop:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:55 pm

I hope you guys pick Horde side, and PvP.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:06 pm

i still play alliance on whisperwind

when wow went live i started horde whisperwind with the NT crew, but then a bunch of RL friends got the game and wanted to play night elves, so i suggested the same server

incidentally i saw a baghtru in an AB match the other night, but it was a hunter :dunno:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:15 pm

I think it might have been impossible for me to play casually a few years ago. Now, given my priorities and things going on, it's the only way I'll ever play any MMO here on out.

I get the feeling that's the same for a lot of people. Most of us are long over the days of being super serious about our MMOing. I respect anyone who wants to be hardocre, but that ain't me anymore.

I think Taxx meant that we would lose interest and wouldn't last, and thus were wasting our time. He has a valid point, and there's no guarantee any of us will be playing a few months from now. Unfortunately, I don't want to go back to my old guild that wants to raid nightly, but I'd like to play BC as it looks fun. So I'm not sure if he actually is looking at a solution or just commenting on my gaming flakiness of late, which certainly is a valid jab.

Anyways, I have a 60 Horde and Alliance, but would prefer to play Horde. I have a bunch of alts between 30 and 55, as well. I'm not expecting anything, but would love to get a good Burning Crusade group of 3-6 or so to explore, level, and check it out.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:18 pm

lyion wrote:This thread has Ginz drama, Taxx flaming, and Arlos reminiscing on LOS superiority.
All the pre-requisites for the hall of flame.

Can we get back on who else might be interested in a casual BC group, now, prease? No tangent.

Zan, Tikk are you guys at all interested? I've gotten two PMs. Just looking for a few people to group regularly for BC.

i'd be willing, but probably not $25 willing, if that makes sense, heh

I've got a couple RL friends that I goof around with on Doomhammer,(horde omg) and while I really like the idea of a consistent 5 man, I'm not sure at this point I'd pay cash to potentially have the 5 man poof after 2 weeks in one form or another and basically exile my hunter~

come to doomhammer, and i'll guarantee a couple nights a week, np (i'm paid up for 3 months anyway)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions