What people miss by not raiding...

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

What people miss by not raiding...

Postby Lyion » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:08 am

How to win friends and influence people

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:32 am

HAHA Rocket Surgery

Did Freon go to Doomhammer~
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby kaharthemad » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:39 am

yeah sounds like the cockmonkey I was raiding with in eq2 named brenthenal. same attitude and manerisms.
Prolly the same asshole
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Soulslicer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:35 am

He's much more tame on Vent, but guildchat, raidchat, and the class channels are prime grounds for ass-chewing.
Soulslicer
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby kaharthemad » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:37 pm

fuck that. I spent 4 years in the military and frankly I never tok comments like that from anyone let alone a higher rank, and I sure as fucking hell am not gonna let some no talent assclown on a fucking game talk like that to me. I have limited time to play and I refuse to play with people that think the best way to raid is to scream at people. I raid quite in eq2. Quite frankly I have only been in a raid that the raid leader was like this once. I casually stopped warding and healing him after he started screaming like that. Over nothing more then me not bolstering him in time. so he was unbolsterd for 5 seconds.ohhhhh makes such a difference.

WoW I have not been on too many raids one or two and never had this problem here but the rules still stand. Act like this and I stop healing your sorry ass.

I would have disbanded from the guild about the 5th sentence in.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:47 pm

kaharthemad wrote:fuck that. I spent 4 years in the military and frankly I never tok comments like that from anyone let alone a higher rank, and I sure as fucking hell am not gonna let some no talent assclown on a fucking game talk like that to me. I have limited time to play and I refuse to play with people that think the best way to raid is to scream at people. I raid quite in eq2. Quite frankly I have only been in a raid that the raid leader was like this once. I casually stopped warding and healing him after he started screaming like that. Over nothing more then me not bolstering him in time. so he was unbolsterd for 5 seconds.ohhhhh makes such a difference.

WoW I have not been on too many raids one or two and never had this problem here but the rules still stand. Act like this and I stop healing your sorry ass.

QFT

Some people have no business being in leadership roles. How pathetic.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:07 pm

kaharthemad wrote:fuck that. I spent 4 years in the military and frankly I never tok comments like that from anyone let alone a higher rank, and I sure as fucking hell am not gonna let some no talent assclown on a fucking game talk like that to me. I have limited time to play and I refuse to play with people that think the best way to raid is to scream at people. I raid quite in eq2. Quite frankly I have only been in a raid that the raid leader was like this once. I casually stopped warding and healing him after he started screaming like that. Over nothing more then me not bolstering him in time. so he was unbolsterd for 5 seconds.ohhhhh makes such a difference.

spoken like a true casual n00b
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:08 pm

ps, I met that guy at the EQ guild summit

he's actually a pretty cool cat
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby kaharthemad » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:35 pm

Say what you want man. I raid damn ner every weekend but im not some no life asshat that gets off on raiding every fucking day of the week.

As for meeting this cock knocker at the eq summit, if he acts like this in game I dont give a ratonga's ass what he is like in person. I dont care if he is Jesus Christ, he says shit like that to me in game, he is an asshole out of game.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:39 pm

kaharthemad wrote:Say what you want man. I raid damn ner every weekend but im not some no life asshat that gets off on raiding every fucking day of the week.

As for meeting this cock knocker at the eq summit, if he acts like this in game I dont give a ratonga's ass what he is like in person. I dont care if he is Jesus Christ, he says shit like that to me in game, he is an asshole out of game.

you have to remember, that's all taken out of context, and it's only showing the asshole statements~

you could have changed it from Sebudai to Tigole and it would have been almost as accurate
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby kaharthemad » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:45 pm

still tik if you are raiding with a guy that acts like this, do you
a) feel like raiiding with him again, Looking forward to logging on again

b) feel like you should put him on the ignore list?

look I have lead raids in multiple different games and guilds. When I lead a raid the following things happen

1) I let everyone know what thier jobs are and I delegate most of the management of the jobs to the group leaders. if their team fucks up it is them I talk to.

2) if someone screws up royally I send them a tell and talk to them. Calling them out in raid chat will only make them resent playing with you.

3) If they are a total asshat that cant understand thier job I send a tell to thier group leader and tell them to find a new person to replace him. Soon as this happens...Poof the fuck is gone and the new guy has taken his place.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:52 pm

kaharthemad wrote:still tik if you are raiding with a guy that acts like this, do you

A) honestly. it's generally not mean spirited, and some times you have to call a retard a retard

kahar wrote:look I have lead raids in multiple different games and guilds. When I lead a raid the following things happen

1) I let everyone know what thier jobs are and I delegate most of the management of the jobs to the group leaders. if their team fucks up it is them I talk to.

2) if someone screws up royally I send them a tell and talk to them. Calling them out in raid chat will only make them resent playing with you.

3) If they are a total asshat that cant understand thier job I send a tell to thier group leader and tell them to find a new person to replace him. Soon as this happens...Poof the fuck is gone and the new guy has taken his place.

2) depends on personalities. for some people, it makes them determined to show you up by doing it perfectly the next time

3) I'm not sure what kind of magical land you're from where have such a huge reserve of players to draw from that you can just replace every person that fucks up, but that's generally not a reality for a high end guild
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Susvain » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:53 pm

kaharthemad wrote:still tik if you are raiding with a guy that acts like this, do you

look I have lead raids in multiple different games and guilds. When I lead a raid the following things happen

I'm almost positive that his guild is the only horde pve guild to kill Kel'Thuzad, definetly the first. So unless i'm mistaken and you were a raid leader in LoS or something, i'm pretty sure you have no such accomplishments and you could be taking notes from him.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Burgy99 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:57 pm

"I guess jesus doesn't want us to kill this mob " - LOL

Yea my old raid leader had an identical personality. Sometimes you gotta be harsh to drive people to succeed, but theres also going too far.

Here's Ganadar, my old GM, and 2x, almost 3x HWL before having a mental breakdown:

http://www.Ganadar.ytmnd.com
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby kaharthemad » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:00 pm

nope I dont have to take notes from an asshole. Frankly I could care less what he killed. I would not let him run a raid against a fucking grss snake with a pack of level 60's if he acted like this.

Its called decency. thats it plain and simple.

As for my raiding abilities. I ran quite a few raids preVelious in eq, Dragon Raids in DAOC, as well as defense raids there. EQ2 I have run some epic raids as well. Yeah I dont get to kill some fucking ball of pixels that s\has never been killed but atleast when I raid I dont treat my people like shit.

It is all the matter how treating people how you want to be treated. Do we hit major mobs yeah we do but we work at it as a team and we learn what we can and cant do.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Susvain » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:02 pm

Dude it's the internet, who cares what some idiot says, i'm sure he's motivating and making the person better in the midst of his rants
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby kaharthemad » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:14 pm

demeaning someone is making them better? Obviously my ideas of making someone better and his are two different things.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:56 pm

kaharthemad wrote:nope I dont have to take notes from an asshole. Frankly I could care less what he killed. I would not let him run a raid against a fucking grss snake with a pack of level 60's if he acted like this.

Its called decency. thats it plain and simple.

As for my raiding abilities. I ran quite a few raids preVelious in eq, Dragon Raids in DAOC, as well as defense raids there. EQ2 I have run some epic raids as well. Yeah I dont get to kill some fucking ball of pixels that s\has never been killed but atleast when I raid I dont treat my people like shit.

It is all the matter how treating people how you want to be treated. Do we hit major mobs yeah we do but we work at it as a team and we learn what we can and cant do.

we get it

you're a family guild type person, and not a real raider

it's ok (and i'm not even being faceitious or condescending)

certain types of people work well together, some don't
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:14 pm

kaharthemad wrote:demeaning someone is making them better? Obviously my ideas of making someone better and his are two different things.

I think Susvain was being sarcastic.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:31 pm

Actually, Tig wouldn't normally talk like that, he was a lot more upbeat, at least in public channels.

People like Glubgawd, however, "WE WILL ONLY WIN IF YOU HEAL ME"...

Honestly, you don't know over what timespan that was collected, that might be several months worth of comments, all utetered when the guild did something monumentally stupid. Who knows how many positive comments, etc over the same time span were removed and not shown.

Is he a bi tharsh, sure. But when you have a raving pack of egomaniacs gathered together in 1 guild, which is what you're going to have if you're really in a cutting edge raid guild, sometimes it takes more than a "pretty please" to get them pulling in the same direction.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:20 pm

Actually, didn't someone put together a Tigole GIF that was almost identical to the one above?

Any good hardcore guild leader is a bit Type A and OCD, or their guild would be stuck in neutral. Even the best guilds waste dozens of hours due to simplistic and stupid fuckups. One really has to run a guild doing cutting edge content to really understand. If one hasn't run a guild doing it, it's tough to understand.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:42 pm

Kahar's being....less than honest...

I bet people could make up a post like that with comments he's directed at groups/raids/guilds pretty damn easily.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:48 pm

RUH ROH TEH WOMAN RUINED IT
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby KaiineTN » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:27 pm

Reminds me of Ronald/Dookie/Gullem/Mulleg.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:04 pm

stop being such pussies

you want to raid hardcore you're going to have to deal with people who are driven to succeed and have no time for mediocre players who suck ass.

you want lollipops and gumdrops all the time and can't stand being told when you're wrong and play like shit, don't raid.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions