Scryer or Aldor...

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Scryer or Aldor...

Postby Lyion » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:11 pm

Which to choose?
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:33 pm

depends what class/spec you are

Aldor is 10x easier to level
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:56 pm

As an affliction specced warlock, I went scryer. Not that I will ever level the rep, the rewards pale in comparison to most of the other stuff out there.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Hylissa » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:59 pm

There's a comparison of the two on Wowwiki .. but it seems to be down atm ... here's the link tho~

http://www.wowwiki.com/Aldor_vs._Scryer
Hylissa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lyion » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:38 pm

Tacks wrote:depends what class/spec you are

I just read a long thread explaining the exact opposite. Can you extrapolate a bit? Your WOW info is generally spot on, so I'm trying to figure out why Aldor is easier when I've read more than not the complete opposite...
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:32 pm

Im a frost mage, DPS machine, I was told to go Scryer, I still havent made up my mind yet.......
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 pm

So as a Holy Priest, I should go Aldor?

I was wanting to make my decision soon, but I hate makign decisions like this ><
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Narrock » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:55 pm

My Warlock is going Aldor
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:18 pm

lyion wrote:
Tacks wrote:depends what class/spec you are

I just read a long thread explaining the exact opposite. Can you extrapolate a bit? Your WOW info is generally spot on, so I'm trying to figure out why Aldor is easier when I've read more than not the complete opposite...

First of all, I'd say a bigger majority of players will be Scryer, therefore less supply, more demand.

Generally more casual players (i'd classify you here) will be doing the "easier" dungeons. In these dungeons (the non-Tempest dungeons) they only drop Fel Armaments which are what you need for the bulk of your rep turn-ins. Scryers need Arcane Tomes which only drop off of Blood Elves. They're all in Tempest dungeons which are basically the tougher dungeons in the expansion. Also in a lot of the lower dungeon you will get the marks of Kil'jadean drops off mobs and they drop like candy. If the people you play with are anything like the people in my guild, these will basically rot while the Sunfury Signets will have people fighting over them.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 am

i got a tome from a random belf in firewing point today /shrug
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:48 am

any high level blood elf can drop them, they're just a very low drop rate. same for demons and the fel armaments
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:43 am

Basically, it's all about what rewards you want, to be honest. Personally, the rewards for Aldor fit my needs (Tank-specced paladin) better than the Scryer rewards did, so that's the way I went. There are plenty of blood elf enclaves in the world of sufficient level to be able to farm Signets and suchlike if you're really serious about raising your faction up. The equivalent mobs for Aldor faction are Daemons, so you just need to hit the various Forge Camps if you want to farm.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Eldred » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:18 am

I'd have to say I agree w/ Tikker on Aldor being much easier to level, for example did a guild run in Shadow Lab a day or two ago I got 40+ Marks of Sagearas (sp), and 3 fel armorments because everyone else in the group was going scryers. Hell I'm allready revered with Aldor right now. I went Aldor mainly because I'm a combat sword rogue. But from the looks of how rare decent swords are right now, I'll prob end up going fist weapons.
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:06 pm

We just got a really nice sword rogue-type sword off the new Kazzak last night. 80-something DPS, +60 attack power, 2.6 speed. Fun fight, not TOO different from the original Kazzak, main difference being that he now sometimes goes berserk and spams the shadowbolt volleys, doing like 4 in a row. Still can't let anyone die, or he heals himself for tons. Sword even looks reasonably cool, you can see a pic of it at our guild website, http://www.afterlifeguild.org

As far as Aldor vs Scryer goes, I maintain that they're equally easy to solo farm with world mobs. For dungeons, right now it may be easier to get Aldor, but as people gear up, I think you'll see more and more people heading into the Tempest Keep instances, and thus later on, you'll have a reverse of the situation, and the flow of signets/arcane tomes will outstrip marks/armaments.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:11 pm

Darcler wrote:So as a Holy Priest, I should go Aldor?

I was wanting to make my decision soon, but I hate makign decisions like this ><
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Phlegm » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:13 pm

Darcler wrote:
Darcler wrote:So as a Holy Priest, I should go Aldor?

Flip a coin.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Darcler » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:14 pm

oh man, but what if the coin tricks me and I choose the wrong one?
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:15 pm

I disagree with Arlos. You can always camp the outdoor areas and the BE camps are camped 10x more than the demon camps...at least on our server. All the Aldor people I know are very happy and the Scryer people are frustrated with lack of drops. I've been offering 3 for 1 deals on Arcane Tomes and can find no buyers so I said fuck it and put them all up for sale on the AH.

Karazhan is also fun as hell, got myself an 81 dps dagger last night. Nothin like 2600 dmg backstabs. Going to respec i think to do more reasonable raid damage.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Phlegm » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:16 pm

Darcler wrote:oh man, but what if the coin tricks me and I choose the wrong one?

As a Holy Priest, don't you have a spell that bless the coin so it won't be evil?
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Just look up what each one offers in the way of rewards for getting faction, figure out which set of rewards is better for you, and then you've made your choice. It's going to depend on what profession you follow as well, like for example, I think Scryer has a couple alchemy recipes as rewards, but Aldor has none, so if you're an alchemist, Scryer is probably a better route, etc.

Everything else apart from the rewards is pretty equal, so just go by what they can give you.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:19 pm

Maybe at 66, I'm only 64 though :(
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:23 pm

Guess it's a server difference then, Taxx. I constantly see people trading marks for signets 1 for 1, and the same with armaments and tomes. So, on my server, it looks to be just about completely equal. So, Darcler, your mileage may vary, depending on what the conditions are on your server.

Oh, Taxx: You guys need to try Kazzak and Doomwalker. Both're fun fights, Kazzak's loot is decent, but unfortunately Doomwalker's loot BLOWS. Well, at least the loot we got did. I think our kill was a world first, so I'd love to see more of the loot pool, to see if we got the shit cloth cap equivalent drops from the pool.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:25 pm

I doubt we have enough 70's. Our server is pretty casual. I think we have maybe 25 70's now.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:25 pm

Almost everyone in my guild is Scryer because it sounds neater. I didnt know there was a difference until this thread.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:28 pm

If everyone in your guild is Scryer, pick Aldor and trade them. You'll be exalted before all them.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions