More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Darcler » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Ok. Aldor it is.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:32 pm

Since you're nub you probably already did both quests and fucked your faction anyways Darc=P

Check what your reputation bars say first.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:40 pm

Both say neutral, bitch. I didnt do any of the quests because I was waiting on you jerks to tell me which to do.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Lyion » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:54 pm

I went scryer since I prefer the drops and had an assload of signets. I'm only level 66 and not doing much rep farming for now, mainly doing Cenarion and Mara faction.

How tough is it to change factions, if one chooses to?

Feral Druid is really nice now. Mangle and the gear in BC makes soloing ridiculously easy. I'm getting 3k Ferocious Bite crits and over 1k regular crits from Mangle, with a 29% Crit chance. The really fixed the Druid in the expansion, and I'm really enjoying playing it again.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:58 pm

You can change factions but it's an absolute PITA grindfest if you choose to. I was ganking the lvl 70 guards in the Aldor terrace last night, fun~

Druids melee is still completely laughable and totally worthless for anything other than soloing or offtanking.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:12 pm

I've been having a lot of fun with the expansion because I can actually tank now. It's hard getting the right balance between sta, str, agi, int, +defense, +attack power and +spell damage to get an optimal tank setup, though. So much of my aggro is based on how much holy damage I do, so I cannot simply go for a typical warrior type tanking set of gear, as I won't do enough holy damage to hold aggro, and won't have enough base mana or mana regen to keep it up very long.

Nevertheless, I have tanked in just about all of the 5-mans, and can actually hold aggro better than warriors, especially on multiple pulls. According to the mages & warlocks I've grouped with, they can AOE with impunity when I'm tanking. A warrior tanking, they can't as they will pull aggro immediately and die. Oh, and the 41 pt Protection talent, the Captain America Shield Fling (aka the Pally Frisbee) is pure ownage. It crits for 1100-1200 damage, all of it holy, and hits up to 3 targets, so I can get massive aggro on incoming mobs before they ever arrive, plus the daze effect slows their movement speed, which helps split groups up. I can't wait to use it in PVP.

My DPS isn't that bad, either, actually. Part of it is I still have that Thunderfury, and the proc is even more ownage now with the change to Reckoning, as I quite frequently get double swings, which can mean double procs. I really look forward to getting the chance to MT in Karazan at least, and hopefully on the 25 man raid dungeons as well. Even if I step aside for the actual bosses, tanking trash along the way would be great. I have so much more fun tanking than I ever did being a healbot.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:15 pm

i guess this is now a blog post
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:21 pm

Tacks wrote:Druids melee is still completely laughable and totally worthless for anything other than soloing or offtanking.

I disagree.

I can kill a lot of classes in PVP now with Feral, even if they get the jump. This wasn't really possible before. Druids are a much more well rounded class. I can still heal decently with my Tier 2 Gear/and new stuff, but it gives me options.

I also solo excellently, with no downtime, which is of importance in the 60-70 and questing portion.

We are hybrids, but our melee to me seems good considering what else we can do. Plus, we're better in PVP. Win/Win.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:41 pm

Whatever you say :teehee:
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:47 pm

Feral druids are only taken even into groups (unless you're in a nub PUG) as that 5th "need 1 more player, any class" and nothing else. With healing gear they won't do shit for dps, with dps gear the won't do shit for healing. They can't solo heal an instance (of appropriate level), they get outdps'ed by 5 other classes, they get outhealed by 3 other classes and then are delegated to what? half-assed dps and Bird crowd control? whoopie
sure it may be fun for soloing but for everything else you're the laughing stock

jack of all trades, good at none
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:53 pm

Warlocks on the other hand rewl!
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:03 pm

Tacks wrote:Feral druids are only taken even into groups (unless you're in a nub PUG) as that 5th "need 1 more player, any class" and nothing else. With healing gear they won't do shit for dps, with dps gear the won't do shit for healing. They can't solo heal an instance (of appropriate level), they get outdps'ed by 5 other classes, they get outhealed by 3 other classes and then are delegated to what? half-assed dps and Bird crowd control? whoopie
sure it may be fun for soloing but for everything else you're the laughing stock

jack of all trades, good at none

:rofl: That's stupidest shit I've ever heard!
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Well, Feral Druids do have a nice raid role if you stick them in a melee DPS group, to pass along their melee buff.

For 5-man groups, they DO excel at that 5th person glue element role. Did a steamvault run with one once when I was only L67 (kinda underleveled for that zone), and when I was tanking, they were able to provide decent DPS in cat form, on the tougher pulls (Bog Overlords, for example) they provided enough extra healing to keep everyone alive, and if something bad happened and I died, they were able to go bear form and tank passably well long enough to finish that fight.

Are they gods of all they survey? No, of course not, but then again, a feral druid isn't going to be any worse healing than I am, given the fact that I'm very highly tank-specced (10/41/10), so they're not awful, either. (especially given some of the new feral gear, like that staff with several hundred armor, and >500 attack power in feral forms.) Oh, and them getting flight 2 levels before anyone else is pretty damn nice, if an impermanent advantage.

Note that little of the above applies to a resto-specced druid. Heavy restoration spec'ed druids can primary heal in instanecs just fine, in my experience. Done several instances with just a druid healing. Are they as good at it as a priest? No, probably not, but they don't suck, either.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:11 pm

arlos wrote:Well, Feral Druids do have a nice raid role if you stick them in a melee DPS group, to pass along their melee buff.

For 5-man groups, they DO excel at that 5th person glue element role. Did a steamvault run with one once when I was only L67 (kinda underleveled for that zone), and when I was tanking, they were able to provide decent DPS in cat form, on the tougher pulls (Bog Overlords, for example) they provided enough extra healing to keep everyone alive, and if something bad happened and I died, they were able to go bear form and tank passably well long enough to finish that fight.

Are they gods of all they survey? No, of course not, but then again, a feral druid isn't going to be any worse healing than I am, given the fact that I'm very highly tank-specced (10/41/10), so they're not awful, either. (especially given some of the new feral gear, like that staff with several hundred armor, and >500 attack power in feral forms.) Oh, and them getting flight 2 levels before anyone else is pretty damn nice, if an impermanent advantage.

Note that little of the above applies to a resto-specced druid. Heavy restoration spec'ed druids can primary heal in instanecs just fine, in my experience. Done several instances with just a druid healing. Are they as good at it as a priest? No, probably not, but they don't suck, either.

-Arlos

Tacks is just talking shit because he keeps getting wtfpwned by Druids in PvP.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:21 pm

You're a moron and won't do anything meaningful in the game, ever. Thus a nubs opinion means jack.

Nordyr is in our guild and still posts here, get your infoz right.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:58 pm

I hope you weren't referring to me on that one...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tuggan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:01 pm

i hang out with a tree druid and she's been able to main heal every 5man thus far.

i don't care for bear tanks though. i don't want to pay that much attention to my threat :(
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:36 pm

What you were saying was true pre BC, but it takes 2 secs to swap out gear, and a resto druid can heal any 5 man content in the game, easily. I've grouped in many dungeons as the sole healer in BC with no issues, as Feral spec. As soon as I get 70 I'll probably go Oomkin or Resto spec.

Gotta love PVPing now. I actually look forward to rogues, as they are extremely easy to kill Feral now, even blowing all their timers.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:54 pm

Only thing I have a problem with in my 30s are warlocks, and not many at that.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:43 pm

Tacks wrote:You're a moron and won't do anything meaningful in the game, ever. Thus a nubs opinion means jack.

Nordyr is in our guild and still posts here, get your infoz right.

If WoW programmers saw what you wrote about the game 90% of the time, they would be laughing hysterically at you like we do.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:25 am

You obviously have no clue about anything in the game.

You're a fucking nub.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Griever » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:22 am

It's easy for a Rogue to decide which faction to chose.

If you are a sword Rogue go Aldor.

Dagger Rogues go Scryer.

PS I am a Combat Swords/PvP specced Rogue, and have yet to be pwned by a Druid that was near my level. I actually beat a feral Druid in a duel the other day.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:25 am

The thing is Griev, pre BC it wouldn't even be a question. The rogue would kill the Druid almost always 1v1. Now, in a duel a Tauren Druid has a good shot to kill a rogue. In World PVP we have a better chance, which is really all it's about. We certainly aren't as strong as, say Warlocks, and don't have easy timers like rogues, but Druids are much more viable than before and have a great bag of tricks.

Anyways, stop gaying up the Aldor/Scryer thread with class Epeening.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:21 am

I don't have a problem with druids, i have a problem with idiots who want to be rogues that play them. They do half the dmg and are utterly worthless. Why play a character that long and then not even play to the strengths of the class. If a feral druid were as viable as a Shadowpriest for instance then it wouldn't be an issue. But they're not...they're 1/2 as powerful as any other class in the game. But that's fine, everytime I see a feral druid out there I know they won't be healing other people and that I can basically ignore their piddly dps. It would be like me whipping out my throwing daggers and shooting people from a distance saying that I'm a range-specced rogue.

Resto druids however, if they had Fade would be close to as good as a priest in instance groups.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:42 am

Pickup groups are like that, often. Amazingly, when I'm group PVPing, even with Feral spec, 90% of the time I'm hiding and healing, and nobody pays attention to me.

As far as 5 mans, I rarely seem to get aggro, and when I do I just use my hypnotize trinket and it goes away immediately.

I can't speak for other Druids, but when I group I'm almost always healer, off tank, and DPS in that order. Actually, I've yet to need to offtank and even with Feral spec, with +500 healing and around 8500 mana with innervate primary healing 5 mans in BC is doable and simple with a halfway decent group. I have yet to group with a priest in BC, and have had no instance problems.

I'm curious how things will be with the higher end level 70 gear and jewelcrafting. I'm also really enjoying Burning Crusade. It's really well put together and setup, without adding a ton of empty land masses without things to do.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions