Naxx vs T4?

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Naxx vs T4?

Postby Burgy99 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:58 am

I'm kinda curious about this topic, and I think Arlos would be able to help me out alot considering the guild he's in. So

Looking at the stats of T4 vs the stats of T3, I'm REALLY dissapointed as a mage. Infact, if I had T3 enchanted I would even bother with alot of it. I know for some other classes their T3 is really strong compared to T4 as well. Even the good blues out of the harder 70 instances are comparable to Naxx gear. My question is, do you guys still farm Naxx ? It seems like in one night you could get alot done in there at level 70. This question might even be better suited for those guilds that had naxx half cleared pre BC, as the gear might be more needed for them. Let me know what you guys think, if it's worth it or a waste of time.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:36 am

All mobs flagged as bosses scale to your level, so really, to kill them it wouldn't be any easier to do. If you were in a Naxx guild worth a damn you should already be almost done with Kharazan.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:01 pm

Well, there's some argument as to how bosses scale, exactly. Their HP won't scale beyond what is default pegged at, because that's a fixed value set in a completely unrelated fashion to its level. So, no matter how their offensive and defensive capabilities scale, Naxx (and BWL and MC) bosses WILL be easier now, simply because we can generate so much more DPS than before.

Now, as to the utility of GOING to Naxx... We haven't. We won't be. If we ever set foot in Naxx again it will be some day when we're feeling nostalgic, not much else is up, and we do it for old time's sake, like LOS used to do to get money shots of all 5 dragon corpses at once in VP. I know for ME, Tier 4 is a HUGE improvement over tier 3, as tier 4 actually gives me equipment options for tailoring how I want to gear up: Tanking, Casting, DPS, where tier 3 was pure healbot armor. Since I am now entirely specced for tanking, tier 4 is something I'm definitely looking forward to.

As far as I know of our progress in Karazan, the only boss we haven't dropped is the last one. I caught a killer chest cold right as the expansion came out, so I ended up a good week behind everyone else level-wise, and thus missed most of our initial karazan runs, except for one time where I got to take part in the dorothee event. That's just me personally though, others in the guild have done way more in there than I have.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Burgy99 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Interesting. I rerolled and started my own guild as alliance and we only have 25ish members so Naxx isn't even an option, I was just more curious about those guilds that got into naxx late and still have a roster of 60+ members.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:30 pm

we haven't lost anyone

in fact we've had more people wanting to join
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Burgy99 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:21 am

Tacks wrote:we haven't lost anyone

in fact we've had more people wanting to join

How big is your roster? I figured most of the guilds that have alot of people would have split into smaller guilds with BC raiding. I guess thats not the case though, I still see guilds with 50ish people online at a time.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby The Kizzy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:17 am

My guild is in a rut I think. Its a guild that has been around forever since the beginning of EQ. I hear that this is common, they are 2 expansions behind at least. We have never stepped foot into BWL as a guild. Granted the stuff that drops in some 5 man in BC is better than BWL gear, but it would still be nice to say I've been there, I've done that, and not as a guest with another guild, but with the people I play with everyday. We have 50+ members on at anytime. Most of them are leveling Draeni Shaman, its ridiculous, we couldnt even get 20 people to kill Ony the other night. Try to explain to the guild leader that everyone wants to level, noone wants to do old world stuff, and he doesn't care. Its really disheartening. All the people that I usually group with are 70 and dont want to run anything with a level 62. It sickens me. I think Im gonna give up WoW for a while. I havent decided.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:41 am

I hate 90% of WoW's population, I think.

ESPECIALLY those impatient fucking children trying to do 10000000 instance runs a day and get pissed if you AFK for any reason longer than 10 seconds.

Unlike Cartman, when I need to shit my mom isn't there with a pan.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Burgy99 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:13 pm

Harrison wrote:I hate 90% of WoW's population, I think.

ESPECIALLY those impatient fucking children trying to do 10000000 instance runs a day and get pissed if you AFK for any reason longer than 10 seconds.

Unlike Cartman, when I need to shit my mom isn't there with a pan.

Hahah yea. I feel your pain since I have to smoke outside. But, the only thing worse than the Anti afk pricks, are the over AFK abusers. Where's the happy medium ?
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Harrison » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:14 pm

I keep good players on the friends list, honestly.

They're so far and few between since the expansion. :-x

I try to give random groups the benefit of the doubt since I'm a priest and get BEGGED for groups simply for that fact alone. I regret 7/10 of those choices at the very least.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:38 pm

If you couldn't kill Ony with 20 people including L70s, than your guild has issues beyond what you've just mentioned. I've been part of multiple 10-man groups that whacked Ony BEFORE the expansion. And not by any means just barely won, it was a steamroller with 10, just took longer than normal during phase 2. Plus honestly, why should a guild take 40 people into a place that isn't going to get any rewards whatsoever that almost anyone in the guild would use? Even at 70, some of those bosses in BWL won't be a picnic if you've never done them before, so you're looking at multiple full-raid wipes, many deaths, lots of frustration, and for what, a pile of nexus shards? Yay, there's an incentive. Not.

As for L70s not wanting to group with L62s, what do you expect? If you tried to take a L62 into the dungeons with gear that a L70 might actually want, the L62 will get turned into paste almsot instantly, AND will aggro half the dungeon from the zonein. Plus, there are some dungeons (the Tempest Keep ones) that REQUIRE a flying mount to get to them. How, exactly, are you going to adventure with them there? Flap your arms and hope hard?

If you're a priest, and are any good, you should be flooded with group requests. You should be doing Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Coilfang Resevoir Slave Pens and Underbog. You should be getting close to done with all of the quests in Hellfire Peninsula, and be getting ready to relocate over to Zangarmarsh. Your L70 friends are no doubt hanging out in Shadowmoon Vale doing quests that call for a full group of 5 L70s, some of which take place in locations that likewise require a flying mount.

In short: Find people in your guild of similar level to you to team up with and level faster. If tehre aren't any, make yourself available for pickup groups. When you're not running instances, do quests. By the time you're up to, oh, 67-68 or so, you can start back grouping with those L70 friends in some of the dungeons again, you'll just have to miss out on the Tempest Keep ones.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Burgy99 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:36 pm

I've been begging 5 people to come kill Ony since the expansion released just to see if her damage scales with the tanks level but they keep telling myself to kill myself =p
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby The Kizzy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:41 pm

Our strike force has the motto overkill is never a bad thing. They WONT do Ony unless we have at least 30 now, before, tehy wouldnt do it with any less than the 40. Its disturbing., Im not a huge raider, I prefer the social aspect of the game, blah blah blah, but sometimes you just wanna go and kill a dragon.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Agrajag » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:25 am

Harrison wrote:They're so far and few between since the expansion. :-x

I had a guy ask me on my 68 priest today if I was Holy specced. I told him not until 70. He had the balls to start telling me that I would get into more instances as a holy priest. Thats when I told him I forgot that I was playing for his benefit, not mine and I apologized... and put him on ignore.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jeddas » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Burgy99 wrote:I've been begging 5 people to come kill Ony since the expansion released just to see if her damage scales with the tanks level but they keep telling myself to kill myself =p

We took six people in one night out of boredom.

Her damage was a joke. At some point during phase one I ended up taking agro and I tanked her for a while with just our one priest healing me (I'm a shaman).

Phase two was taking too long so we hearthed out. Next time we'll have to bring more ranged dps =/
Jeddas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Alphonso » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:21 pm

Phase two was taking too long so we hearthed out. Next time we'll have to bring more ranged dps

Poor hunters.. never included in anything :cry:
Alphonso
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:29 pm

Onyxia has already been 2-manned
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:29 pm

Hell, she was 5-manned pre-expansion.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:32 pm

Hunter Pally Warrior 3-manned her before expansion.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Betcha they had to go through an assload of potions, though.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:42 pm

I bet a good enough warlock can solo onyxia.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:45 pm

arlos wrote:Betcha they had to go through an assload of potions, though.

-Arlos

Not really, there's a video out there if you look for it.

It's Avatar (biggest douchebag in gaming) playing his warrior.

edit: here it is http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6963150699739071975
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions