jesus tapdancing christ

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

jesus tapdancing christ

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:20 pm

so I cancelled my wow account 2 months ago and they keep taking out; it doesn't show it in my payment history so i have no idea where the money is going.

i keep trying to call them and their phone number is ALWAYS BUSY

can you ever get through to these shmucks?
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:36 pm

Log onto your account management page on their website. You probably never actually cancelled it.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:42 pm

no I did, that's what I'm saying - I looked on that page, it isn't showing up in my payment history. Account says frozen since january, last payment made the end of december.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Hopefully your mail order guy isn't using your CC for his account. :dunno:
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:09 am

1. he's not a mail order guy

2. he doesn't have my cc info

3. he doesn't play WoW

4. it's really agitating having someone hint at things about my personal life in a forum that has nothing to do with it considering i don't do it to other people unless the topic at hand is brought up.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:18 am

Psst, it was a joke, Gyp. Sorry if it was a bit too personal. It was supposed to be light and funny. :dunno: Sorry if no funny detected.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:21 am

in a long distance relationship people always make assumptions - i get them thrown at me daily, and with the stress of the move and of uprooting my whole life, not to mention the stress of trying to get him over here, it has me quite a bit on edge about everything because i feel like i'm constantly defending myself and like i have to justify things to everyone around me ><

sorry lyion.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Darcler » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:22 am

I call it "being on the rag".

I got pissed at Toss today for nothing. (looking back, it was nothing)
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:23 am

Nah, nowhere around that time of month atm. Just a lot of shit going on >.<
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Darcler » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:25 am

My time of the month...which suprised the hell out of me.

Ok I'm done contributing to the derailment, night night :)
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Lyion » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:27 am

Long distance relationships are trying in the best of circumstances. This place is terrible for not being overtly sympathetic, and I'm afraid even the most compassionate amongst us are a bit more mischievous than we should be.

I'd try emailing billing@blizzard.com and explaining your situation, and see if you can get a response there. That's their account/billing contact email.
Last edited by Lyion on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:29 am

I did after 3 hours straight of trying to call, which in any situation is positively ridiculous that you get some bullshit busy signal for that long for a major corporation - in my opinion having a busy signal when you have the power to have heaps of customer service considering the millions of customers you have is asinine.

I mean.. stick me on hold 5 minutes, 10 minutes, stick me on hold as long as you want; but a busy signal for 3 hours? How would you not have enough overflow lines to cover that period of time.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:42 am

Blizzard's customer support is pathetically horrendous.

I haven't been able to play my character for over a week. No one can log on my character from any computer, anywhere.

I can play any other character I want except the only one I play. They are ignoring emails for over a week, phone calls that result in stupidity (yeah, it's totally my ISP you dumbfuck), the myriad of posts on the forums from me and other players experiencing this EXACT problem.

They are far worse than anything I've ever experienced.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Menlaan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:21 am

Call your credit card company and refuse payment. Tell them that you cancelled your account, and that you've tried to call the company in question and that you can't get through. They'll take care of it for you.
Menlaan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Granh » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:08 am

Menlaan wrote:Call your credit card company and refuse payment. Tell them that you cancelled your account, and that you've tried to call the company in question and that you can't get through. They'll take care of it for you.

For true. Let them know it's a fraudulent charge. Also be sure they do a charge back on the ones that have hit that you didn't authorize. You might have to print screen the wow account management screen showing your account being inactive for months, but any CC company/Bank is going to side with their own customers and refund the money.
Kitty Litter for the Mind
Granh
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:21 am

Harrison wrote:Blizzard's customer support is pathetically horrendous.

I haven't been able to play my character for over a week. No one can log on my character from any computer, anywhere.

I can play any other character I want except the only one I play. They are ignoring emails for over a week, phone calls that result in stupidity (yeah, it's totally my ISP you dumbfuck), the myriad of posts on the forums from me and other players experiencing this EXACT problem.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:18 am

Menlaan wrote:Call your credit card company and refuse payment. Tell them that you cancelled your account, and that you've tried to call the company in question and that you can't get through. They'll take care of it for you.

Thanks Men - actually on the bright side, it's my debit card and it's with a local bank, so with me moving tomorrow they won't really be able to collect out of my account for much longer since the account will be closed - it's just the principle ><
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Menlaan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:29 am

They'll still help you. Call them and say it was a fraudulent charge. It happens all the time, and it won't be a big deal for them to fix it.
Menlaan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:47 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:

Thanks Men - actually on the bright side, it's my debit card and it's with a local bank, so with me moving tomorrow they won't really be able to collect out of my account for much longer since the account will be closed - it's just the principle ><

Watch out for that, you can get pinged with an overdraft and if you ignore it, you'll end having some negative stuff on your credit report.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Harrison » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Wow, taxx is acting like he's still 12, I am so surprised.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:13 pm

You are still refreshing in the very hope that he'll mention your name, give it a rest.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:55 am

Harrison wrote:Wow, taxx is acting like he's still 12, I am so surprised.

rofl you can't even play hahahahaha
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Scatillac » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Harrison wrote:Blizzard's customer support is pathetically horrendous.

Even Comcast?!
ohhhhhh rusteh.
Scatillac
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:21 pm

Fin, I think the irony Taxx is not-so-cleverly pointing out is, that it's somewhat amusing, given how much crap you have flung at WOW over the last couple years, that you're now getting upset to the point of being livid and incensed that you're now unable to play it...

Of course we can sympathize with shitty bugs and problems with CS. EQ was just as bad by the time I left. I knew people in EQ with broken characters that waited weeks with no GM response, either in-game or via the web/email system. So, problems like that are not unique to WOW. Sure, they suck whenever they happen, but unique they are not. Plus, if you REALLY wanted to see CS-hell, just look at Horizons... OMFG, they were bad from everything I ever read. Not having encrypted credit card pages, charging people 5x for the same account, it went on and on.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:22 pm

I guess sometimes Lumpy just needs things spelled out for him.

I'm sure he'll come back with the excuse of "oh i'm only playing because my friends are, i'd rather be playing _____"
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions