Why is Horde better at PVP than Alliance?

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Why is Horde better at PVP than Alliance?

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:15 am

There has to be a rational explanation other than "because Alliance is populated by 10 year olds". I have been on alliance for two years and I have never played with a 10 year old haha. Everyone in my guild and everyone I have played with who I talked to in ventrilo was 20+.

I surfed around and found some theories that horde racials are geared more toward pvp as opposed to alliance whose racials are geared more toward PVE.

I enjoy PVP and I hold my own (meaning I am usually top three damage dealers) however, I would say that at least 9/10 times alliance lose in WSG, Arathi and Eye of the Storm.

I just don't get it.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:16 am

Yeah because racials are the difference between winning and losing right~
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:17 am

Did I say I said that or it was a theory that I read on the web, several times?
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:20 am

I wasn't attacking you, I was saying that theory is ridiculous.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:21 am

Seems more plausible than "alliance is populated by 10 year olds".

I don't suppose you can come up with a theory of your own?
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:24 am

I would if I was sure not all the alliance fanbois would swarm to this thread...
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:26 am

Oh for Christ sakes.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jeddas » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:40 am

I don't see the allys or the horde winning more often, I find it to be rather balanced and random.

Sometimes I que into two healers following their warrior buddy and we lose, sometimes I que into fifteen horde who all decide capping the EOTS flag is more important than holding a single tower. Other times I'm the one camping the zone-in graveyard because the allys made the mistakes.

Prior to the x-realm BG's it was a lot more like a phase your server would go through. You'd get the same ~200 regulars, and after so and so was done farming his/her honor rank, they'd quit, and the next generation of noob players came in to fill that persons spot. So you'd see the horde winning for weeks at a time, then the alliance crew would take over.. and onward.

Maybe this oscillating trend takes place in the BG's today as well. Then again you could just be queing into the same two crowds of morons too often. /shrug
Jeddas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: Why is Horde better at PVP than Alliance?

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:30 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:There has to be a rational explanation other than "because Alliance is populated by 10 year olds". I have been on alliance for two years and I have never played with a 10 year old haha. Everyone in my guild and everyone I have played with who I talked to in ventrilo was 20+.

I surfed around and found some theories that horde racials are geared more toward pvp as opposed to alliance whose racials are geared more toward PVE.

I enjoy PVP and I hold my own (meaning I am usually top three damage dealers) however, I would say that at least 9/10 times alliance lose in WSG, Arathi and Eye of the Storm.

I just don't get it.

I see a LOT more Horde pre made groups with more of an attitude towards winning than pug fun.

I get stomped in PVP by a lot of alliance groups that are good, but when PVPing it seems on a group per group basis, Horde players are more serious on average.

Again, just my perception.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Granh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:01 pm

Part of it could be the population variance. Go back to EQ times and you knew or had seen damn near everyone on your server. In WoW, Alliance side at least, you just don't get to know your fellow players as well. Hell back in EQ as a warrior I could tell you the names of 100 really good warriors, as well as 100 really bad ones. Knowing who're you're playing with, their gear, spec, playstyle ect.. all really help in a group situation. It's what make guild raids so much more successfull than PUGs. IMO I believe the vastly different population of the factions plays a huge role in PvP. Alliance people just don't get to know your fellow players as well. The Horde have less to filter through so you get to know who you're playing with.
Kitty Litter for the Mind
Granh
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby xKALECx » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Well I've played 60's on both sides. 3-60's on horde and I always felt surrounded by more serious gamers and pvp attitude folks. Then I move to a pvp server on Alliance where I have a 69 rogue and while I have a core group of folks that are very good at pvp/pve, the majority of people surrounding me are newer to MMO's and went alliance because they "don't want to play one of those ugly races".

By experience, most horde players were old MMO'ers with a pre-existing knack for pve and pvp. They were more focused and precise due to their backgrounds. The alliance seems filled by newer MMO'ers that are more casual and don't have as much of a grasp on the more "focused" side of gameplay.

I know this theory sounds stupid to most, but in the two servers I've played on, this has always rang true.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:52 pm

Anyone who cares more about how their character looks, rather than how he plays is generally going to be worse at the game....which is probably a vast majority of alliance

Oh and don't even use the "oh but if i'm going to stare at my char for x hours a day i want it to look good!" ...You don't even look at your character when you play.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:56 pm

*shrug* I don't get it either, but that's the reason I hear from lots of guys as to why they play manginas. Now, I DO know several actual female players for whom looks of their character IS really important. Hell, I know one, she picked playing a female dwarf for the specific reason that, "They have the biggest tits"....

Don't ask me, I just chalk it up to one of the oddities of women. We men have different oddities.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions