Epic WoW thread (Lyion gets called out) also old LoS players

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:18 am

Page 4 Lyion gets called out for being bitter and whiny

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=80372576&sid=1&pageNo=1
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:22 am

I don't know how you can even read the wow forums right now. I get "page loading" and then freeze.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:23 am

Lyion = Jadden?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Insanityfair » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:27 am

Ginzburgh wrote:I don't know how you can even read the wow forums right now. I get "page loading" and then freeze.

It takes a couple minutes to load for me. :-x
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:27 am

loads right away for me
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:28 am

It must be because you're better at the internet than we are.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:35 am

My internet racial abilities are clearly why it loads faster.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Insanityfair » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:37 am

Tacks wrote:My internet racial abilities are clearly why it loads faster.

:nuts:
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Burgy99 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:26 pm

Shitty they deleted the thread :(

I read pages 1-3 and as I was loading 4 it said " Error:topicdeleted"
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:27 pm

It was my super admin abuse powers.

Although Taxx calling me out as bitter is the highlight of my day.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:33 pm

Couldn't have been me, I'm banned!
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Insanityfair » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:35 pm

Tacks wrote:Couldn't have been me, I'm banned!

Tis true.
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:36 pm

plus when have i been one to hide behind an alt...go ahead and see how many accounts I post here from~
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:38 pm

8, AM I RYTE?!?!
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:40 pm

What was in the thread regarding old LOS people?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gaazy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Must have been deleted in the last few minutes, because I read up to page 6 like less than a half hour ago.

Mainly just people saying blah blah Tig was nice and furor was a tool blah blah blah they hate hybrids blah blah whine whine they are destorying the game blah blah then someone else would say but tig was nice he was my GL yay! Then a few more blahs and a few more whines. That was about it.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Burgy99 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Gaazy summed it up perfectly.

Druids were complaining they were getting nerfed all because of Furor and Tigole, who have the view from EQ1, that hybrids should not be better than their parent class.

Really stupid people posting they know nothing about, about how Furor and Tigole ruined EQ and are ruining WoW.

One post might have been of interest to you though Arlos, an ex EQ1 Monk blamed the "big" monk nerf soley on Furor, because of his actions ingame and on forums that monks should not surpass Warriors in tanking. In reference to the huge monk nerf when monks in the velious era were gods with capped AC and superior avoidance skills to warriors. - It just further fueled the whiney druids angst against Furor and his hybrid nerfing ways.

Then toss in a few more post saying Tigole was the best GM evAr from ex LoSers, and that pretty much summs it up.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Well, Furor was always a douche.. but that's not why >.< I don't really understand how anyone can whine against the logic that hybrids shouldn't be better than their parent class - that's perfectly logical, and I'd raise the question asking them to explain why they feel they should be better at an ability than a class whose sole responsibility is to do so

I missed the thread, it was deleted before I could read it.. but it always does make me giggle when people pull the 'I knew a dev in eq so i know firsthand lol!" So silly.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:37 pm

There's better at certain skills than the parent class and there's better as a whole.

Problem is most MMO's don't know how to properly make a hybrid to be a unique class that shares a couple characteristics with the parent classes.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gaazy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:39 pm

There was like 10 people wh would randomly chime in out of no where "i was in LoS Teehee! So i Know!"
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:45 pm

The thing with hybrid classes is that they're jack of all trades master of none - people who roll those classes should be knowledgeable and accepting of that, but there's always those who cry for more more more. Better as a whole and better at certain skills shouldn't ever be the case - no one class should be better than the other as a whole, they should simply be different - better for an individual, sure; better as a general statement, never. Hybrid classes shouldn't have the same quality of skills as that of their parent class - they should be sufficient in that role, but never on par with the class whose primary role it is because it makes the parent class weaker by comparison.

People just need to realize they can't have it all and stop crying.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm

Better as a whole and better at certain skills shouldn't ever be the case - no one class should be better than the other as a whole, they should simply be different - better for an individual, sure; better as a general statement, never.

I never said better than anyone. I said unique. Better as a whole means hybrids need to be made into complete classes instead of half-ass cobbled together POS's they were and (in most games) still are.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:04 pm

I dunno, a shaman is a hybrid and that class worked just fine for me. I don't think druids were poorly put together either - even after the nerf they serve their purpose quite efficiently.

Let's revisit some other hybrids - bards in EQ? One of the most powerful classes in the game when executed properly. Paladins? Could do virtually anything a warrior could do and provide buffs and healing to boot. Rangers? Hardly cobbled together, again it's dependant on the player, not the class.

In my experience I've found that those who whine about how bad off their classes are are typically.. bad at their class. Those who pick their class going into the game knowing their purpose and their role excel at it because they're not wasting their time whining about how the game needs to 'fix' them rather than figure out how to fix themselves or their play ability.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:15 pm

Not sure where the thread was, but it certainly wasn't me discussing Tigole or Furor. Heck, last I heard Tigole was an intern at Blizzard and I never knew Furor worked there. Anyways, doesn't some other dude do class balance?

Back on to the issue.

Druids are a well done class for PVE in WOW, we were very mediocre in PVP. The problem is, like so many other classes, we were half baked in a lot of regards. Pre BC Feral and Balance were very poor. Resto was the only viable spec.

BC upgraded Feral nicely. It's debatable whether we justified a nerf, but the problem a lot of druids have isn't the nerf, but the lack of viability tanking by the bad design decision to have our threat be completely DPS based, and then to heavily nerf our DPS a month into the expansion, when a lot of us are finishing up questing, faction, and choices made due to the way our class was released to us.

The issue here isn't about other classes, complaints, whining, etc. It's moreso about a fairly heavy change to a class that was supposedly heavily tested in beta and essentially completely changing it long after BC release.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Paladins? Could do virtually anything a warrior could do and provide buffs and healing to boot. Rangers? Hardly cobbled together, again it's dependant on the player, not the class.

Eventually, those two classes got improved, but originally they were shit.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions