Epic WoW thread (Lyion gets called out) also old LoS players

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Arlos » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:50 pm

What? I certainly wasn't going to say anything like that...

Ohhh, Ginzburgh....

Well, I think if he did everyone else would know he's either blind or talking out of his ass, so I wouldn't worry.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:04 pm

*awaits insult in response to arlos about how disgusting and fat I am

Oh stop, I don't think you're disgusting or fat.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:06 pm

It's a trick!
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:06 pm

Get an axe.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:09 pm

Bruce Campbell ftw
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Bigrozz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:26 am

I was in LOS so i know teeheehee
Bigrozz
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lyion » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:36 am

While I applaud them trying to fix things, it still makes me wonder when they hugely nerf, then change the class even more on the day of the patch.

I think this takes care of the threat issues, though. Comically, we may even tank better than before.

*Hotfix 3/06/07

* The Druid ability Lacerate will now land a small amount of instant damage, causing it to generate threat against bleed-immune creatures.
* The Druid ability Mangle (Bear) will now generate 50% bonus threat.

Additional explanation for these fixes and information on Armor:

We’ve taken a close look at constructive feedback provided on our Druid Bear changes, and are hotfixing the following changes today:

1. Lacerate will now do a small amount of direct damage to the target. This means it will generate threat rather than an immune message when used on bleed-immune creatures. However, bleed-immune creatures will still not receive the debuff from Lacerate. This should address concerns about Druids being able to tank in specific bleed-immune encounters.

2. Mangle (Bear) now generates 50% bonus threat on its damage. We realized that in reducing Mangle damage, we made it less useful as a snap aggro tool. This threat bonus moves it back up to almost where it was before the 2.0.10 changes.

In addition, we examined concerns about the best Feral Druid armor pieces being outdoor world quest rewards, and Druids feeling their tanking ability would not scale with better gear. We are adjusting superior and epic leather pieces designed to be used by Bear Druids and increasing the armor on many of those items, particularly raid sets. These changes, however, will not show up until patch 2.1.0.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:05 am

Druids had absolutely nothing wrong with them last night in our Kara run. In fact with the Thunderfury nerf our druid was tanking just as well as Nordyr last night.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:15 am

Good to hear.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:13 am

I'm overall happy with the priest changes, I'll see what the VE reduction in healing is like when I finally can play again.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Evermore » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:47 am

Bigrozz wrote:I was in LOS so i know teeheehee

who are u?
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:56 am

Played Tiffini I believe, one of those twin HFL female clerics we had (other was Nicealgar)
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:19 pm

The Thunderfury nerf was just brutal to anyone wanting to use one to tank. I've already put mine away and went and bought a Continuum Blade from the Keepers fo Time folks. Ironically, they just turned it into a godweapon for any rogues with one or fury warriors. It's now the only weapon in the game that generates significantly less threat than it does DPS. It does DPS like a mid-80s dps weapon, but only generates threat like a low/mid-60s DPS weapon. So, sucky for tanking, but awesome for doing DPS without generating aggro.

Now I just have to hope to go to a Gruul raid and win the spell damage sword from him. (Or, I might try the King's Defender if one drops from the chess event). Then test them both out and see which works better for holding aggro.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:27 pm

Hasn't really changed for rogues at all. No rogues with TF at this point in the game should be pulling agro with one anyways.

TF nerf was warranted IMO. Either it needed to be nerfed or the other legendaries needed buffed. It's the only legendary that people would still use in the expansion.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:11 pm

Honestly, I think they should have made quest lines for all the legendaries, to get an upgraded L70 version. I mean, they're "Legendary", they should remain as such, not something that gets stuck in the bank when you hit a few more levels. Obviously you couldn't put L70 legendary-quality gear in MC, but you could have a quest for upgrading the Hand of Ragnaros that involved killing, say, Magtheridon, etc.

Even with the nerf, it's still the highest DPS sword in the game, from what I understand, so it's STILL being used as a primary option for 2 builds, post-expansion. So, all the nerf did is remove 1 post-expansion use, it certainly didn't relegate it to a bank slot, like the Hand of Ragnaros is now.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:13 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to that at all, for the most part they're all a PITA to make.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Bigrozz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:24 am

Yup Rey is right, he was the one that gave me a wonderful nickname. Played tiff till SOL then gave her to Mondinga to be a healbot.
Bigrozz
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby brinstar » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:39 am

arlos wrote:Honestly, I think they should have made quest lines for all the legendaries, to get an upgraded L70 version. I mean, they're "Legendary", they should remain as such, not something that gets stuck in the bank when you hit a few more levels. Obviously you couldn't put L70 legendary-quality gear in MC, but you could have a quest for upgrading the Hand of Ragnaros that involved killing, say, Magtheridon, etc.

no shit, i think upgrade quests would be quite reasonable
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby runamonk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:58 pm

Reynaldo wrote:Played Tiffini I believe, one of those twin HFL female clerics we had (other was Nicealgar)

hehe nicealgar. Old name I haven't seen in ages.
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Landruner » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:25 pm

I knew a person in LoS does that make me kool?!?! :umno:

Landruner, :asshole:
Landruner
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Tacks » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Who the fuck are you, nub?

Get the fuck out and don't bump old posts.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby calgone » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:17 pm

for real
calgone
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Forik » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:37 am

I used to have to be very careful in longer boss fights with TF, it became a real pain in the ass when you use a vanish almost every fight just in case. It's funny all of the changes that have happened to the TF, and it is still being used at level 70. They could just make it proc off of itself again, :)
Forik
GM of The Evil Empire <We Know Girls>
We Know Girls
Armory
Forik
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:16 am

Landruner wrote:I knew a person in LoS does that make me kool?!?! :umno:

Landruner, :asshole:

LOLZ check out what this angsty kid PM'd me.

I'm terrified HELP!!1111

"How about you shut the fuck up, because i find u and slice up your family and feed them to you.. if u don't like what i post then ignore it and fuck off, no one asked for you to reply and be a fucking fagget. If you don't know who i am good then don't reply to my post. All it takes is one person that knows your name that you think is friends with you."
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Evermore » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:06 am

Reynaldo wrote:Played Tiffini I believe, one of those twin HFL female clerics we had (other was Nicealgar)

ah the cleric that was active for like 3 days and poofed
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions