Interesting /. Link.. Blizzard Seeks to Block User Privacy

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Interesting /. Link.. Blizzard Seeks to Block User Privacy

Postby Lyion » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:13 pm

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid= ... 8&from=rss

"In the overlooked case between Blizzard and MDY Industries, the creator of the WoWGlider bot, Blizzard is arguing that using any programs in conjunction with the World of Warcraft constitutes copyright violation. Apparently accessing the copy of the game client in RAM using another program infringes upon their rights. Under that logic, users do not even have the right to use anti-virus software in the event that the game becomes infected. Furthermore, Blizzard's legal filings downplay the role of their Warden software, which actively scans users' RAM, CPU, and storage devices (and potentially sensitive data) and sends information back to Blizzard to be processed."
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:18 pm

They're stretching. Glider hurts the game, period. Same with gold sales/farming. Fuck the fruitcakes who have to ruin EVERY fucking game for people who play them legitimately.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:37 pm

I'm still torn on it.

What I'd like to see is some kind of adjustable scale for experience gained, such that if you have a level 70 in X_MMORPG, you could essentially cannibalize your character at some % of an xp hit, and channel that into another character.

Like EQ1 for instance, if you had a 75 warrior with 500 AAs, you could trash the character and channel (pulling a random number out of my ass here) 50% of all experience gained from that character into a new character so you'd end up with a level 60 cleric with no AAs or whatever that would amount to, but of course never have your warrior again. This statement of course is very arbitrary since in EQ1 it's very easy to level now, but assuming it wasn't...

I'd like to say I wouldn't give a crap about some glider-guy out in timbuktu killing monsters i'm not interested in, but when it started to infringe on what I wanted to do, I'm sure I'd be pissed with some bot killing all the spawns.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:00 pm

No way, what we definately don't need more of is nubs who can't play their class well...especially ones who don't even have to level them.

People act like WoW is a difficult game, it's not. It's not hard to farm, it's not hard to make money, it's not hard to get epics.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions