I'm back

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Harrison » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:53 am

I don't play CS:S.

I stopped playing NS as much as I did after CAL-ns died off. Once you go competitive the pub hopping doesn't compare. It's still better than most any FPS out there though.

I've been doing more console gaming than anything these days.(when I do sit home long enough to get into one)
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:56 am

Harrison wrote:
I stopped playing NS as much as I did after CAL-ns died off. Once you go competitive the pub hopping doesn't compare. It's still better than most any FPS out there though.

You mean just like how WoW is much better when you're past the pug noobs? It's still better than most any MMO out there though.

see what i did thar?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:04 am

Completely different comparison entirely...

I gave WoW 3 separate attempts and it got old at the exact same time. Shaman, Rogue, Priest.

Rogue I got to 60 and then gave it to my father. He probably still plays that PoS.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:05 am

You didn't actually do anything in the game though. Levelling up is like 10% of the game.

And how is it at all a different comparison? It's not.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:45 am

Someday you'll stop being a huge Blizzard Fanbois. WOW is a great game, but there are a lot of very good MMOs out, with more on the way. WOW ain't deep. It's the same treadmill build as most other fantasy MMos.

WOW definitely is nothing new. It's the same old shit, just packaged in a new way with a few neat parlor tricks. I'm glad it still gives you wood, Tacks, but you yourself admit you only log in periodically to raid, and somehow farming and doing the same raid crap we did years ago, albeit new and improved is much of a leap.

A good chunk of ex WOW people, read, those who aren't 19 year old Asian boys or chicks looking for drama and dudes, have quit the game and play other MMOs, or are waiting for something else.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:44 am

Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote then instead of going your typical lolz he's a fanboiz route, old man.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:26 pm

Someday you'll stop being a huge Blizzard Fanbois. WOW is a great game, but there are a lot of very good MMOs out, with more on the way. WOW ain't deep. It's the same treadmill build as most other fantasy MMos.

WOW definitely is nothing new. It's the same old shit, just packaged in a new way with a few neat parlor tricks. I'm glad it still gives you wood, Tacks, but you yourself admit you only log in periodically to raid, and somehow farming and doing the same raid crap we did years ago, albeit new and improved is much of a leap.

A good chunk of ex WOW people, read, those who aren't 19 year old Asian boys or chicks looking for drama and dudes, have quit the game and play other MMOs, or are waiting for something else.

That and the fact that every crappy player that manages to hit 70 and is in a guild is drapped in purples. That's the way it seems on Draenor anyway.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lueyen » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:06 pm

I've been considering picking up the expansion to check it out, are there new instances for the 60 to 70 grind or is it best just to grind to 70 first?
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:10 pm

Yea there are new instances. Haven't done any yet though.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gaazy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:39 pm

I thought the new expansion was fun :dunno: I kinda wish I could still play sometimes, maybe toward the end of summer and this fall ill come back and fuck around a few hours a week.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Tacks wrote:Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote then instead of going your typical lolz he's a fanboiz route, old man.

Now I have a Neil Young song stuck in my head. I hate that.

Lueyen, the expansion is very simple and easy to group and level in. There are a bunch of great dungeon instances and many quest lines. My biggest problem is even playing casually I made it to 70 in no time.

The raiding and PVP are fun, but they both got old for me real quick. It's good stuff if that's what one is looking for, though.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:58 am

Ginzburgh wrote:

That and the fact that every crappy player that manages to hit 70 and is in a guild is drapped in purples. That's the way it seems on Draenor anyway.

My only purples are ones I made myself :(
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions