Lame Players

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Lame Players

Postby Diekan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:58 pm

Maybe it's just my guild, or server... dunno, but I have noticed (since I started playing) that the people who play WoW are fairly lame.

Guild chat is, more or less, just a live version of Thottbot. Very rarely are there non-game conversations. Chat is just a bunch of questions about quests and so forth. I thought (on my server) that it was just the guild I am in, but after having talked to several people (via PUGs) it seems to be a fairly common trait.

EQ was so much different. Guild chat was non-stop, covering every conceivable topic...

What about your guilds? Is this observation common on your servers? Is your guild chat just a live chat of Thottbot, or do you actually talk about *other* things?
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: Lame Players

Postby Tikker » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

you're just noticing now ?

you must be amazingly self absorbed to just notice the blizzard fanboi's
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diekan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:05 pm

how about answer the question cock monkey.

i dont play EVERY day. now i play WoW a fraction of the time I played EQ - say like twice a week for an hour or so a time.

the guild WAS very small back when i joined. a lot of folks from the UK in it (for some reason - even though it's an EST server). I didn't expect much convo because when I was on there might be 3 or 4 others... NOW the guild has grown and on any given night we've got as many as 20+ on. that MIGHT be why I 'just' now noticed.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tuggan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:18 pm

my server doesnt seem so bad, lightninghoof alliance. all the guilds ive been part of were actually pretty annoying with the non-stop talk :dunno:

just make a guild of the people on your friends list
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Maeya » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:21 pm

WOW in general doesn't seem as social as EQ did. My guild tends to be pretty chatty, but there's not the same comradeship there was in EQ. I think part of that is because people aren't forced to sit in the same group for hours on end grinding their levels, which tends to force conversation, and you end up making friends eventually with people. If you don't want to talk to anyone, you can get in and pound out a bunch of quests and never speak a word. Also forums aren't nearly as active as they were in EQ.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Diekan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:29 pm

Maeya wrote:WOW in general doesn't seem as social as EQ did. My guild tends to be pretty chatty, but there's not the same comradeship there was in EQ. I think part of that is because people aren't forced to sit in the same group for hours on end grinding their levels, which tends to force conversation, and you end up making friends eventually with people. If you don't want to talk to anyone, you can get in and pound out a bunch of quests and never speak a word. Also forums aren't nearly as active as they were in EQ.

Ahh, VERY good point.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Granh » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:08 am

My *server* is full of R Tards, but my *guild* is great. We we've been together since '01 in EQ so that might be part of it. Most of the conversation is about real world crap where only maybe 1/5'th of the chat is game related. We save most of that for the message boards and group or /tell.

Honestly I think Maey's right here. Things are just designed to be too easy in WoW. How often in EQ did you ever get a PUG going and in the area you wanted under 10 minutes? How often in WoW? I remember thinking if we made it to our camp buffed and ready to go as a full 6 man group in under an hour we were doing well. There just isn't near as much down time in WoW.
Kitty Litter for the Mind
Granh
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Kramer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:47 pm

/ditto

you had to get to know people, like it or not, in EQ...

not so in WOW.

just got an image of all the poor folks waiting at the bottom of Velk's Lab and how fun it would be to train them from uppers, they wouldn't know what hit them....

is it that easy to train in WOW?
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby 10sun » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:16 pm

Kramer wrote:/ditto

you had to get to know people, like it or not, in EQ...

not so in WOW.

just got an image of all the poor folks waiting at the bottom of Velk's Lab and how fun it would be to train them from uppers, they wouldn't know what hit them....

is it that easy to train in WOW?

Even more fun was training Velk himself because once that happened people were going to get raped... he didn't summon, he used his Call of the Zero ability which was instacast summon spell, but he can chain cast it.

-Adam
    10sun
    NT Drunkard
    NT Drunkard

Postby Kramer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:43 pm

tee hee hee....

i also remember watching the trains in Maiden's Eye, it seemed that anyone who was trying out their solo chops would go there and would have a 30 man conga line of Goranga's and Xi Thall's chasing them....
    Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
      Kramer
      NT Traveller
      NT Traveller

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions