Hunters anyone?

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Hunters anyone?

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Can someone give me a rundown on steady shot macros for BM spec or just explain macros in general. I'm a month and a half into the game at lvl 63 and I never learned this.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Hunters anyone?

Postby Arlos » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:41 pm

Dunno myself, but a good hunter site run by a friend of mine is: http://www.tkasomething.com/

Check there and I'm sure you can find info.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Haylo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:20 pm

Do a search for "useful hunter macros", it will bring up a link to wowwiki. They have everything there that you'll need.
Tasya
Undead Priest
Malfurion
Haylo
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:43 pm

macros aren't really required.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 pm

They are if you're eating some chow mein while quest grinding!
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Sithos » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:01 pm

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
/cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

This will allow you to not clip shots and also will use Kill Command if/when it's up. It's the basic raid BM hunter macro. If your still grinding though you wont need it. Keep it handy though for when you start the 5/10 mans etc.
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby Eldred » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:23 am

Ladies and gentlemen we have another Huntard!
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:26 am

no one that plays WoW gets to disparage any other WoW class

all the classes are retardedly simple to play, and all have cheesy macros to make life simple
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:44 am

I forget most of the macros I used, but as a hunter I remember them being VERY important.

The first stopped my pet and then fired scattershot. This made sure the pet never broke the confusion effect. Probably the most used macro I ever created as a hunter.

I also had one that would FD, lay ice trap, then get back up immediately. This prevented me from re entering combat before I had time to lay the trap. Although, I don't think FD works the same anymore so probably won't help ya.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 am

you can lay traps while in battle mode now
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Atalya » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:12 am

and pets automatically stop when a mob gets cc'ed. Even if it's someone else in their parties CC i think. Pretty sure my blinds will get a hunter pet off the target unless they resend it in after
Atalya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Griever » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:47 am

If I recall hunters who don't use a shot rotation macro are extremely gimping themselves because it helps cut down how much lag and human error negatively effect raid dps.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Myg0t » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:16 pm

Macros aren't really useful until maybe the MM rotation...

But this is what I do for a BM rotation:

Start off with auto shot, immediately after steady shot, let an auto shot run, then immediately after steady shot, rise and repeat. Very simple.

What you should see is that every steady should should be immediately following by an autoshot, since your autoshot timer will run while your casting steady shot, if your more of a visual person this is what it will look it:

auto>steady, auto> auto> steady, auto> auto> steady, auto> ect ect.

Notes:
-Make sure you start your steady shot immediately after your lone auto shot, or it might stop your 2nd 4th 6th ect auto shot from casting on time, which will gimp your dps in raiding situations.
- When you get better at this rotation (should take you all of 5 mins), you can throw in arcane shots and multi shots with your lone autoshots, so it might look something like this:
auto> steady, auto> multi, auto> steady, auto> arcane, auto> steady, auto> auto> steady, auto> multi, auto> steady, auto> arcane, auto> rinse and repeat. Note that I left an auto in the middle by itself due to multi shot cooldown. I wouldn't suggest using this kind of rotation for a long boss fight, as you will run out of mana half way through, but its great for when you need burst dps, or in a timed fight. For long boss fights i would throw in an arcane and multi shot every three or so rotations, and have aspect of the viper on.
-I find when I pop rapid fire that pairing every autoshot with a steady shot is better than every other...so something like this Rapid Shot>steady,auto>steady,auto>steady,auto>ect, ect>End Rapid Shot> Back to normal BM shot rotation
-If you don't already, download and addon that gives you your autoshot timer, and casting timer for steady shot, this will help a lot for learning the timing, and how you can twink it to suite you best.

Hope this helps.
Huntards4Life!
Captain_Insano wrote: It's also Abraham Lincoln's fault for freeing the slaves. Had he been shot earlier black people wouldn't have email accounts and internet access.
Myg0t
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby LostCause » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:39 am

WoW = ))<>((
LostCause
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions