Sweetness

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Sweetness

Postby Arlos » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Just got my beta invite for Wrath of the Liche King.

Just checked the beta site, and they specifically state that there's no NDA about the beta, so I'll be able to post impressions, should anyone be interested.

Now I just need to finish this 1.8 gig download....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Sweetness

Postby KaiineTN » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Where's mine :(
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Ret pal info plz.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:29 pm

still noobs
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby numatu » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:41 pm

WoTLK Alpha and Beta have been fun so far. There are many different quest mechanics in this expansion that make for some unique experiences. Vehicles, mid-flight battles, and dynamic quest progression that affects the world. For example in the starting DK area, as you complete quests the Scourge slowly take over the village you're fighting for, which in turn opens up more quests in the newly conquered area.

The level-up dungeons can be easily done in a half hour or so. Many of the dungeons, Azjol-Nerub especially, look gorgeous.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Arlos » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 am

First impression of the 2 L70-72 dungeons, Utguard Keep and Nexus is that they are tuned for someone in far worse gear than we are in. We waltzed through them with ease, our healer spent more time DPSing than he did healing. Only death was me, when I got sloppy, didn't get behind the end boss mob of UK, and got hit with some special strike for 13k in 1 hit. If I'd had had Kings on, I actually would've survived it.

The place is definitely still in beta, and crashes frequently.

Oh, and in a more personal note, I've finally been immortalized with a WOW mob. :) Someone got a quest to go talk to a General Arlos... :) I must find me! rofl.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:23 am

Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby recks » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:53 pm

I canceled my account, a day later got a beta invite... Blizz knows how to get that money. Still haven't tried it out though
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Gidan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:35 pm

I cant get my hands on a beta key to save my life
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Haylo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:36 pm

I can't believe you have beta and you don't want to play it!
Tasya
Undead Priest
Malfurion
Haylo
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Maybe because the game is a yawn? lol
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Beta has been a lot of fun. They've definitely incorporated new ideas in.

Getting a quest to ride a dragon into an aerial battle against other dragons = Ownage.

They've gotten a darker edge, too, with some of the quests. One of them literally has you torture someone for information, and another, you get a quest kill the leader of a group of bad guys, only to find a letter on her corpse to her father, outlining how she was forced into it, and was really sabotaging the effort all along, and sorry she couldn't say anything while she was still alive.

There's a spawn cycle quest where you're defending something, and you're joined by a copy of your future self (L80, natch), who helps you defend it, and at the end insults your gear. rofl.

Oh, and Naethyn, Ret Pallies kick major ass at this point. Too much ass, as it turns out, there was a bug with judgements where you could get like 16k crits. heh. In all seriousness, though, ret pallies are turning out to actually be viable DPS. Not quite as high as pure DPS classes, obviously, but not that far off, either.

Anyway, definitely enjoying myself so far. I need to do Azjol Nerub soon and see how that is. I just want to do more of Dragonblight first to make sure I get any quests.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:43 am

you get a quest kill the leader of a group of bad guys, only to find a letter on her corpse to her father, outlining how she was forced into it, and was really sabotaging the effort all along, and sorry she couldn't say anything while she was still alive.

That's just fucked up.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Dimuza » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:45 pm

I dunno....I mean, of COURSE yeah - that's fucked up. But if I want to be immersed in a story....& I do....then I'll want that story to include moments that provoke an emotional reaction, right?
Dimuza
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions