Wrath release date announced [confirmed, CE]

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Wrath release date announced [confirmed, CE]

Postby Naethyn » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:14 am

Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Wrath release date announced [confirmed, CE]

Postby Drem » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:22 pm

what does [CE] mean
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Sithos » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:54 pm

CE marking is a declaration by the manufacturer that the product meets all the appropriate provisions of the relevant legislation implementing certain European Directives. CE marking gives companies easier access into the European market to sell their products without adaptation or rechecking. The initials "CE" do not stand for any specific words but are a declaration by the manufacturer that his product meets the requirements of the applicable European Directive(s)....yakkitty yakkitty blah blah
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby Stabfase » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:06 pm

Collector's Edition

(but nice google)
Stabfase
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Location: billywitchdoctor.com. One Convenient Locations. In Africa.

Postby Sithos » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:56 pm

No seperate release date for the Collectors Edition or the "normal" version.Both are available the same day. It is being released in North America and Europe the same day.
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby Drem » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:25 pm

oic

PS: hey stabfase. i just watched billy witch doctor the other day :\
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm

So I found out that all arena points will be reset to zero when any player dings level 71. I guess it's good that people don't ding 80 and get all the phat loots right away. I can't wait to play this! Ps come join us on Ner'Zhul server. <Ancient Crusade>
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:29 am

f that
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:46 am

I've been long gone from the game, can I buy just RotLK or do i need to buy original, plus BC, and RoTLK
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:53 am

You have to have BC before your account is eligible for Wotlk.

ps. come play on ner'zhul with us!
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:54 pm

bleh, do I need to have original before I can get BC? or can I jsut get BC and go from there

and i'm not playing on a pvp server, no interest ;)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:36 pm

i don't like pvp servers either :( but i didn't really have a choice. we are on illidan.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Naethyn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:24 am

seriously, you have no idea what you're missing. hard to explain unless you've experienced it. and if you have you'd be the first person i've heard about who actually chose pve over pvp after trying it.

pvp is the best part of the game.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:29 am

Naethyn wrote:pvp is the best part of the game.

possibly, but if I want head to head competition I'll play sports games ;)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:43 am

I leveled a warrior up to the mid-40s on a PVP server. Detested it. Hated, hated, hated.

When I'm leveling up and trying to quest and such, the last thing I want is random people 20-30 levels higher than me coming by and killing me, just because they're bored.

Stranglethorn Vale, probably THE best place to level up in the 30s. Absolute hell hole on a PVP server. So instead, if you didn't want to get ganked by a bored max level every 2.8 seconds, you had to go level up in far inferior zones, and stay way the fuck out in BFE, which chopped leveling speed in half or more.

Man, I don't even want to think about how big a sausage fest the starting zones of Northrend will be. Entire server population crammed into 2 or 3 zones? Time to invest in titanium underwear...

Not to mention, a PVP server requires a constant level of paranoia that I just don't find fun.

Sorry, if I want to PVP I'll go to a BG or do arena, where I at least know I'll be facing people of a reasonable level range, and I get to PVP when I feel like it, not when I'm just out there trying to grind some XP. Nope, I will never go back to a PVP server as a play server, ever.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:52 am

so....

do I need to buy original + BC + RotLK

or just BC + RotLK?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tuggan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 am

you would need all 3. i don't know if theres any pre-70 content in wotlk though, so i wouldn't bother buying it until you get to 70 through oringinal wow and bc.

i started on a pvp server with some friends, so now i find pve servers seriously boring. the giant battles between horde and alliance at the portal to BC before it opened were incredible, so i imagine northrend will be just as much fun.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 am

Yes there is pre-70 content in WOTLK: Death Knights.

If you have a 55+ old character, you can make a new Death Knight that starts at 55.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tuggan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:34 pm

haha, i forgot all about death knights. there are going to be like 5 million of them running around.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Arlos wrote:I leveled a warrior up to the mid-40s on a PVP server. Detested it. Hated, hated, hated.

When I'm leveling up and trying to quest and such, the last thing I want is random people 20-30 levels higher than me coming by and killing me, just because they're bored.

Stranglethorn Vale, probably THE best place to level up in the 30s. Absolute hell hole on a PVP server. So instead, if you didn't want to get ganked by a bored max level every 2.8 seconds, you had to go level up in far inferior zones, and stay way the fuck out in BFE, which chopped leveling speed in half or more.

Man, I don't even want to think about how big a sausage fest the starting zones of Northrend will be. Entire server population crammed into 2 or 3 zones? Time to invest in titanium underwear...

Not to mention, a PVP server requires a constant level of paranoia that I just don't find fun.

Sorry, if I want to PVP I'll go to a BG or do arena, where I at least know I'll be facing people of a reasonable level range, and I get to PVP when I feel like it, not when I'm just out there trying to grind some XP. Nope, I will never go back to a PVP server as a play server, ever.

-Arlos

The key is friends. If you want to play the game solo go find something else than an mmo. If you had played with friends i'm sure you'd find these situations above very different.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Sorry, but no group of L30-40 friends is going to do jack shit to keep a L35 from getting ganked by a bored L70. All you do is give him more targets.

Besides which, no one I am friends with in person plays the game, and the online friend I was trying to join up with there was already max level, and was raiding frequently, so couldn't do much to help.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:46 pm

If you're max level killing lowbies, you are a massive cock guffing faggot of immeasurable proportions and should fall on a railroad spike ass-first.

This goes for any game.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:50 pm

We were about 55 when we took down our first 70. Nothing could taste so sweet if not for the times in STV when we were owned.

Now we are the ones owning.

It's soooo satisfying. Unlike anything the PVE content could ever deliver.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tuggan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Harrison wrote:If you're max level killing lowbies, you are a massive cock guffing faggot of immeasurable proportions and should fall on a railroad spike ass-first.

This goes for any game.

I kill the shit out of lowbies if they're tagged in a guild I dislike. It's a guarantee that they will get on their 70, or call some 70's, and bam! world pvp happens. Sometimes battlegrounds are boring as hell.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:51 pm

agh, stranglethorn was TERRIBLE, i agree. luckily josh and the rest of my boys would come destroy people who f'd with me too many times.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions