Man, has the game changed since I played

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Man, has the game changed since I played

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:01 am

Like Arlos, I started WoW about a year, or 18 months before it went live, and played pretty hardcore for a while

I quit a day or 2 before BWL came out

I'm not sure about all the other classes, but I'm finding hunter fairly different from how I remember it
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: Man, has the game changed since I played

Postby Sithos » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:20 pm

I haven't been gone near as long as you Tikk. I kinda stopped WoW only a few months ago. Guild was working on M'uru,someone fucked up for the 50th time, huge drama explosion, so I logged him right there and haven't returned since. After reading Naethyn's post though I may just actually dust off my hunter (tired of lock anyways). He may only be in T4 gear but with this being a new expansion gear isn't that big a deal yet I don't think. Been over a year since I played him so I'm sure there will be alot of changes and he will play different.
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby Naethyn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:29 pm

Come play Ner'Zhul! We have a small guild of friends most of which we all know IRL. Good times.

There are so many quests involving vehicles. It's so much fun. Fighting dragons, shooting down dragons etc etc etc.

One of my favorites is a paratrooper mission where you man a turret in a multi-passenger plane. The goal is to get 4 paratroopers deployed over a scourge city. It's your job to shoot the anti air turrets before they shoot you down. It's a lot of fun.

Another one is flying a bi plane. There are 3 modes. Anti-Air, Bombing, Damage Control. The goal is to bomb some scourge on the ground and take out the anti air units. It's very fun as you're constantly switching between the three to keep your plane alive, shooting down targets in the air and on land. Not to mention if there are alliance planes you can also shoot them down!!!!! (pvp servers only)

All these quests are dailies meaning you can do it once per day for faction, exp, and money.

Plus many of the quests in every zone involve the lich king. He engages in dialog with you etc. It sends shivers down my spine every single time he pops up.

It's crazy fun.

Oh and the new tradeskill gear basically trivializes all 70 epic gear. I've replaced just about every single piece. If you come play ner'zhul we can hook you up!
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Oh and the new tradeskill gear basically trivializes all 70 epic gear.

That's cool...oh wait...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:46 pm

Well, why SHOULDN'T L80 crafted gear blow L70 gear out of the water, no matter how epic?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Naethyn wrote:Come play Ner'Zhul! We have a small guild of friends most of which we all know IRL. Good times.

PVP and/or your RL friends isn't much a draw for me, since I don't know them ;)

I'm playing really casually with a couple RL friends of mine, and teaching my son about the MMORPG world

it's secretly good to help him learn his numbers, I just call out which button to push, and he does it
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kramer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:08 am

it's secretly good to help him learn his numbers, I just call out which button to push, and he does it

that's flippin sweet, i should totally try to run that by my wife and see how far it gets me
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:12 am

My little guy was playing with his mom the other day, and when she was doing something, I could hear him say "Mom, daddy says you're not sposed to spazz out on that button"
    Tikker
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Drem » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:17 pm

ahahahahaa
    Drem
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions