Ok, I admit it. Paladin is OP

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Ok, I admit it. Paladin is OP

Postby Naethyn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:46 am

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?wspell=53601

Last night I dinged 80. Before this I didn't feel the paladin was terribly OP. That was until I recieved this spell.

Sacred Shield wrote:Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage and increasing the paladin's chance to critically hit with Flash of Light by 50% for up to 6 seconds. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 sec. Lasts 30 seconds.

It is just so retardedly overpowered. No one stands a chance. It negates basically all damage. I no longer have to heal, ever. When I do heal it's because my other talent makes my quick heal instant cast and it crits every time. I have 25.66% chance to crit. 25.66 + 50 = 75.66% chance to crit. When the heals do crit they heal 60% of the heal over 12 seconds. It turns my 1.2k heal into a 2-3k heal + 200 every 3 seconds for 12.

They really need to fix this... and I'm playing a paladin.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Ok, I admit it. Paladin is OP

Postby Mop » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 am

its really not all that OP for the amount of dmg taken in heroics and raids its a nice thing but its def not OP. When im taking 11-15k a hit 500 absorption isnt as big as it sounds.
Most palis ive been grouping with that heal only use FoL on off ppl and big heals on me.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tuggan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:11 am

For PVE nothin is OP :D but since blizzard totally fucked up by adding arenas, they have to balance the game around them. For pvp that shit is overpowered.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:44 am

Ya I was talking about PVP. (The reason to play wow for me. PVE is fun and all, but nothing comes close to PVP!!!!)

It's devastating to many classes such as warriors who gain zero rage from damage that's absorbed. It also negates most white damage from melee. Even in PVE though I no longer have to heal to do anything non dungeon.

For a while I didn't understand why none of the plate gear has Int on it. Then I equipped an INT item. Suddenly all of my spells cost more mana!?
http://thottbot.com/?c=Paladin

Look at the mana column. It's all percentage based. INT means nothing now. It's all about STA, crit, and attack/spell power - even for holy pal. The only reason they did this is for itemization. Instead of having 2 types of DPS plate they can create one and still have the same effectiveness.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Naethyn wrote:http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?wspell=53601

Last night I dinged 80. Before this I didn't feel the paladin was terribly OP. That was until I recieved this spell.

Sacred Shield wrote:Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage and increasing the paladin's chance to critically hit with Flash of Light by 50% for up to 6 seconds. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 sec. Lasts 30 seconds.

It is just so retardedly overpowered. No one stands a chance. It negates basically all damage. I no longer have to heal, ever. When I do heal it's because my other talent makes my quick heal instant cast and it crits every time. I have 25.66% chance to crit. 25.66 + 50 = 75.66% chance to crit. When the heals do crit they heal 60% of the heal over 12 seconds. It turns my 1.2k heal into a 2-3k heal + 200 every 3 seconds for 12.

They really need to fix this... and I'm playing a paladin.

there's a shadowknight spell similar to this in EQ that came out 4 or 5 years ago but when it procs you only absorb about 150dmg off of every incoming hit. blocking all damage and increasing the proc of some other skill would be ridiculous... why is WoW so newb
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:46 pm

The more people they can keep playing is all they care about.

So make it pathetically easy for the masses :dunno:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:18 pm

Of course, the spell is dispellable, last I looked, so against any group with a mage or shaman (or even a properly specced warrior), it's not going to last very long. Secondly, I have had mainhand Windfury crits in the 4-5k range. Arcane mages can get single-shot 8k-10k crits in the right circumstances. How much is a 500pt shield really mattering vs hits of that magnitude? Even in non-ideal circumstances, as a not even that well geared enhancement shaman, I can put out 2000-2500 DPS without even trying really hard. 500 points every 6 seconds is a drop in the bucket.

Not to mention, Flash of light can get interrupted, and if it does, especially by a mage's counterspell, it shuts down 100% of a paladin's casting ability for up to 10 seconds. I can even set my focus target to the paladin, beat on his friend(s), and there's a mod that will show me what my focus target is casting, so I can spin if necessary to get LOS, fire off my instant cast spell interrupt/silence on the paladin, and then go back to the primary target without losing more than a second or 2 of beatdown time.

Plus the Paladin can get polymorphed, cycloned, hex'ed, etc.

Sure, in disorganized open PVP, this spell can be a huge deal. Go into the arena against a decently skilled team (and I don't even consider myself especially skilled, either, and I can pull off what I described above), and it's not going to matter snail snot.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:31 am

The Art of War Rank 2
Increases the damage of your Judgement, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm abilities by 10% and when these abilities critically hit your next Flash of Light spell becomes instant cast.

But ya, the spell is not game breaking. Although it does trivialize non instance pve content. The point is it's totally unnecessary.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Harrison wrote:The more people they can keep playing is all they care about.

So make it pathetically easy for the masses :dunno:

and they like to reset the d2 ladder on a yearly basis now to make me wanna quit and play faggy WoW

Why? O why, Blizzard?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm

I like the ladder resets :dunno:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:24 pm

you would

i hate them for reasons i already told you. finally getting the three keys and doing uber runs to get torches and better runes and having that all reset prematurely instead of taking 2 years like they used to between resets seriously pisses me off. yeah
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions