Ok, so I finally hit 60 again

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Ok, so I finally hit 60 again

Postby Tikker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:25 pm

in just under 3 days played, and haven't really touched much in the way of instances

leveling is retardedly fast now

anyhoo, where is the jumping off point to get to the new (to me) burning crusade zones?

also, at this stage of the game
do I bother trying to get people to do MC, onyxia, BWL?

or would that be like doing naggy/vox when I could just start doing Nwing? (if that makes sense)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: Ok, so I finally hit 60 again

Postby Tuggan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:37 pm

the dark portal to outlands (bc) is in the big crater in the south end of blasted lands, which takes you into hellfire peninsula. the way quests and flight paths are set up from the portal it's pretty easy to get right into the quests.

i doubt mc/ony or bwl would be worth the effort, unless you just want to see the content. the rewards and loot would be garbage in a few more levels.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 pm

The only way you'll go to MC, Ony, BWL, AQ, etc. is if you happen to find a group doing it for the achievements related to it. Whether they'd take you at 60 is another question entirely.

And yes, the loot from them would be very like comparing naggy/vox loot to NWing. For TBC especially, people were finding L61 greens that were as good or better than L60 epics from raid bosses.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Tuggan wrote:i doubt mc/ony or bwl would be worth the effort, unless you just want to see the content. the rewards and loot would be garbage in a few more levels.

yeah that's what I'm wondering

I've done MC and onyxia a ton of times horde side
Just wondering if doing that shit is a requirement gear wise to be able to progress
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Not even remotely. Just go to Outlands and start doing hellfire quests.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:58 am

Outland starts to slow down. Northrend just owns. We do Onyxia x1 a week for anyone 50-60 in the guild. I also do AQ for the rare chance at the mounts. BWL and MC we've not done. Probably go back and get the achievement when everyone is 60.

By the way during the last patch they increased the drop rate significantly for all oldworld rare drops. Baron mount is now 1 in 100. I hear ragnaros wep is 1 in 2!
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:45 pm

what the fuck, baron mount ezmode? i ran that place over 50 times JUST for that and of course never got one

if i wasn't in school i'd reup just so i could finally get one of those fucking things

also i was disappointed that my guild didn't have the guts to finish aq40 by the time BC came out, and we never even set foot in naxx. goddamnit i hate new xpacs. "why go through all that trouble to do hard old-world raids when you can do 5mans in the xpac for better gear?" because it's fucking fun, you lazy assholes
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Naethyn » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Well, I got it on my 77th kill =p
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:59 am

I wonder if that increased drop rate thing applies to the raven lord in Auchindon
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 pm

ony drops a sweet bag with a billion slots though right?

(ok so maybe it's like 18 or 20 but i still use it hehe)
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Just verified that the boss of MGT non heroic 100% drop rate of one of his epics.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:18 pm

35 minutes into the BC expansion, and I've replaced like 7 slots worth of gear, most of it twice as good as the blue stuff I was wearing...

I kinda hope this trend doesn't continue, or at least, that the difficulty ramps up or something
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:40 pm

I didn't upgrade my BC epics until 77. In fact I'm still using a ring and libram. Oldworld to BC >>>> BC to Northrend.

As for difficulty nothing outside a dungeon is difficult. When it comes down to it the toughest non raid instances (heroics) in northrend are easily completable with blues/greens if you know the tactics to beat the bosses.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:51 pm

You will note that I did say that people were getting L61 greens that were better than their L60 raid epics a few posts back, yes?

So, replacing most of your gear already should not come as a surprise. As for difficulty level, I dunno, some of it was pretty hard at the time, no idea how it would be now. Back when it was level and talent-spec appropriate (ie, before the 3.0 patch that gave us the 51pt talents and changed class role dynamics a few weeks before Northrend hit), the raid bosses in Sunwell, especially Mu'ru and Kil'Jaeden were the hardest encounters ever put into WOW, so there WAS difficulty at one point. Just not so much now, though I must admit, heroic Sartheron with 3 drakes up is... interesting.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah its fun, challenging and probably the only tough encounter in LK so far. Got my Twilight Vanquisher last night.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Arlos wrote:You will note that I did say that people were getting L61 greens that were better than their L60 raid epics a few posts back, yes?

for some reason, I assumed it would be for doing more than just delivering a note from one outpost, to another, 30 seconds later, jeje

altho
I was completely unprepared for zoning into BC the first time

Having all that giant shit attempting to fight the way up the ramp as you walk in was hilarious
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Hylissa » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:10 am

Also, TBC started at level 57 or 58 .. something like that.
Hylissa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Narrock » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:46 am

Once you get to level 68 you can go to Northrend with no problems. Start off in Borean Tundra. All the green gear you get will be better than what you're wearing now. If you're Horde, just take the new Zeppelin right outside of Orgrimmar. When you exit Orgrimmar, take a right instead of a left, and you'll see a new Zeppelin platform. That takes you to Warsong Hold, the main city in Borean Tundra. I finished all the regular quests in Northrend on my Druid, and now I'm leveling up my Death Knight and just hit level 70 in Borean Tundra. Fun stuff! :boots:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions