for those with hunters

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

for those with hunters

Postby Kramer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:05 pm

ola all, i am hoping to start playing wow again within a month... wondering is there any preference you have with horde hunter races... i know you can play any well, whatever, but are there any nuances you like about certain races and their abilities over others?
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Re: for those with hunters

Postby Naethyn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Blood Elf hunter has aoe silence. Owns for pvp. + gives mana for long fights. One of the best horde racials.
    Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
    Naethyn
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Kramer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:44 pm

aaaahhh, don't know about blood elves, good to know, and i am assuming i should go with leatherworking to make my own armor right?
      Kramer
      NT Traveller
      NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 pm

9/10 you'll both be outleveling your tradeskill and not wearing any of it until high end, and I doubt so even then really.
      How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
      Harrison
      NT Legend
      NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Tradeskills make a huge difference! Currently JC is the best tradeskill for DPS classes because of the uber self only gems you can make. Blacksmithing is right behind it with the extra sockets. Leatherworking allows for self only enchants with loads of attack power. Mining increases health. Herbalism has a self heal. Etc Etc Etc

For a new character I'd recommend Jewel Crafting + Mining. They go hand in hand. It offers uber bind on pickup trinkets and rings. As well as the best gems in the game. Mining is the best way to make money and it also goes hand in hand with JC.

Tradeskills matter.

PS. Come play on Ner'zhul! PVP horde. We'll get you set up.
      Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
      Naethyn
      NT Traveller
      NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:37 pm

I would pick orc because of the pet racial since gear will make you have way more crit than you need hence eliminating the use of trolls (for now). Also, LW is a great choice for hunters because of the bracer enchant and the other best damage tradeskill would be blacksmithing for the extra gem slots if you're the min maxing type. Right now I have LW and JC which is a great combo statwise and economically. JC gives you 3 gems that give 27 agi and are prismatic to take advantage of socket bonuses.
      leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
      Jay
      Nappy Headed Ho
      Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:07 am

I loved my Tauren hunter, but mostly just from the way he looked, and the lore side of things

Orcs do have the MC Hammer dance tho, and that's a huge reason to pick orc

I liked the AE stun personally
      Tikker
      NT Legend
      NT Legend

Postby Kramer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 am

HA! tikk - i played a tauren early on, and did appreciate the aoe stun to get me out of sticky situations

but thanks for all the info guys and offer to play on the server, i am working on getting my laptop for my birthday (3/11) and hopefully will follow with grabbing wow and 1st expansion soon thereafter
        Kramer
        NT Traveller
        NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 am

I tend to look at things from an end game perspective in which case the aoe stun is kinda useless. DPS classes should focus on DPS racials imo.
        leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
        Jay
        Nappy Headed Ho
        Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naethyn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 am

Which is also the reason you told him to go with two crafting professions instead of picking up a gathering one (mining) so he can make money for his mount.
        Naethyn
        NT Traveller
        NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:41 pm

If you want to make money at the high end, go enchanting. The parts you break stuff down to are generally worth far more than the items you're disenchanting.

-Arlos
        Arlos
        Admin Abuse Squad
        Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:47 am

Naethyn wrote:Which is also the reason you told him to go with two crafting professions instead of picking up a gathering one (mining) so he can make money for his mount.

Yeah I agree, but also, it's not uncommon to temporarily pick up a gather profession and drop it later for a real 2nd profession.

Jay
        Nappy Headed Ho
        Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Or do herbalism and mining on one toon, and do like blacksmithing and JC'ing on another toon. Herbs are going for bank on my server.
        “The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
        Narrock
        NT Patron
        NT Patron

Postby Griever » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Aren't trolls good for end game dps with the increased bow skill and beserking?

Skinning would also be a good choice of profession with the crit bonus it provides.

My rogue is JC and Enchanting and I love it. I had leatherworking and it sucked ass so I power leveled JC to 420. Took about 4k gold.
        Griever
        NT Veteran
        NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Griever wrote:Aren't trolls good for end game dps with the increased bow skill and beserking?

Skinning would also be a good choice of profession with the crit bonus it provides.

My rogue is JC and Enchanting and I love it. I had leatherworking and it sucked ass so I power leveled JC to 420. Took about 4k gold.

At the moment no since the top weapon is a gun.

Jay
        Nappy Headed Ho
        Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Griever » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 am

I don't know if I'd consider that a reason to not roll a Troll Hunter.
        Griever
        NT Veteran
        NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:02 am

Well, yes and no. See, the troll racial is limited to having a bow, which you may or may not have. The pet racial is forever a universal asset.

Jay
        Nappy Headed Ho
        Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Kramer » Sun May 24, 2009 3:42 pm

update... loading wow right now, will def start a char on ner'zuhl eventually, gonna join a friend on stonemaul in the beginning though
          Kramer
          NT Traveller
          NT Traveller

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions