Picked up MOP on Black Friday..

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Picked up MOP on Black Friday..

Postby Lyion » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:40 pm

So, MOP was 14.99 on Amazon Black Friday so I went ahead and nabbed it. I haven't played much the last few years, so any tips? Anyone still active?
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Picked up MOP on Black Friday..

Postby Tikker » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ganzo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Lyion wrote:So, MOP was 14.99 on Amazon Black Friday so I went ahead and nabbed it. I haven't played much the last few years, so any tips? Anyone still active?

I play still, maybe 4-6 hours a week or so. I hadn't gotten any of my toons to 90 yet though since I started leveling monk
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:57 am

They did a good job with MoP but like Tikk said it's more of the same, maybe done better but still the same stuff. I'm of the opinion that MMO's will never amaze me again. I feel that the amazing part of EQ was the different levels of social interaction. In EQ I had my guild, my friends, people I grouped with often, people I ran into all the time, people I regularly made purchases from etc etc. In WoW all I need is my guild and I didn't know many people outside of it. WoW will never have an LoS vs Remedy or LoS vs Sanc or anything of that sort because there's no need to share or compete and work towards what we want. Everyone gets their own instances. Gear rains down from the heavens regularly. Gold is easy to make. I understand the idea behind it. I understand how logging on and having nothing to do because TW's killed everything already is not worth 15 a month but the sweet spot for me is somewhere in between where we could coexist within our limitations but still experience what the content had to offer.

My other gripe with WoW is that it's not advantageous for Blizzard to develop super hard original content. The last time they did that was Sunwell Plateau. I understand that having to develop, maintain and upkeep content that only 2% of the playerbase will reach is not profitable but I think that there is an invisible value with stuff like that. I think I spent half of my EQ life chasing after stuff that LoS had reached long before I did and that feeling of having stuff out there to look forward to if I ever became good enough was valuable in keeping my business.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:52 am

This should arrive today or tomorrow. I bet the new content is good for at least two months. I haven't checked out the LFR or the newer stuff, which should be fun.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Vanguard >
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 am

Tikker wrote:the spouse seems to be not that enamored with it, and she LOVED wow

the enemies look pretty good imo, but I think it's just more of the same

Yep, it's a lot more of the same. I've gotten my DK almost to 88 and my Monk to ~20. The content is good, but it's still World of Warcraft. I'm already getting bored with it and I've only been playing a week. Zero addiction factor and it's a lot less fun now than any expansion before. Plus, I'm not a fan of the China/Panda setup.

I'm glad I only paid 15 for this. The game really plays like an 8 year old title.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 am

I'm interested in seeing what, if anything, new they brought to the table for raids.

Cataclysm was great in terms of boosting the difficulty through the ceiling, but then nerfed it down for the dirty casuals after real gamers already beat it.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I have permanent free access to WOW, and could get a free copy of MOP if I wanted it, but I just have less than no interest, to be honest. I always played WOW for much the same reasons I played EQ: My friends and raiding The Big Stuff. Well, all of the people I was friends with in WOW have also quit, and given my night class schedule raiding is out too, so....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:14 am

Tikker wrote:Not sure what happened but i am back playing casually, trying to decide between my hunter and shadow priest for raiding

I played for two months, but just couldn't really get any interest in the endgame. I don't really like the 'China' feel of the expansion, and the dungeons to me were boring. I did two of the raids, and while well done, they didn't do much for me. What really killed it for me was the faction grinds. I'd probably keep playing occasionally if it were free, but I can't see paying 15/mo to play a few times.

I have a bunch of games from the Steam Winter sale. I'm also still occasionally firing up SWTOR, playing GW2, and PS2.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 am

one of my best friends and her husband are apparently in one of the top three raiding guilds on their server now, lol. they appear to be enjoying the hell out of MoP, but i'm not sorry we don't play anymore. what a timesink that was. mr. husband plays LoL and skyrim now for the most part, and i've been busying myself with replays of FF6 and chrono trigger. it's been lovely. :boots:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Ganzo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 pm

I played for about a month and got bored, picked up Rift expansion and play about 2-4 hours a week on that now but with my school and workload I don't really have time for these anymore, until there's a new one that will be actually different and fun
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tikker » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Toss is trying to get me into Vanguard. If you want to fire it up and screw around, let me know, Tikk.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions