Lyion this might make your day

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Lyion this might make your day

Postby Drem » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:21 pm

i actually played the original beta for this earlier this year but kinda forgot about it until they sent me an email telling me to come do beta 2, but this game Wish might be just what you're looking for:

first link is the game homepage and the second link is an extensive article examining the skill system and the no-"treadmill" gameplay

it's got a really nice set up, enjoyable graphics and races, and a bitchin sound producer. also there's only going to be one server. they're setting up some new kind of server that can accomidate tens of thousands of players at once in a continually changing game lead by a full-time team of live story advancing members that continually bring new experiences to the players.

there are no quests that can be done more than once. there is no level building. you get skill points based on completion of tasks, rather than killing monsters.

it's pretty fun

enjoy it; i did

https://www.mutablerealms.com/index.php

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/532/53 ... ?fromint=1
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Lyion this might make your day

Postby Lyion » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:30 pm

Thanks for the link, Drem.

I actually was in Phase 2 beta for Wish, but was bored silly playing the game. It was just way, way too early for them to bring in testers. I've followed Wish, but when they fired their game designer, I somewhat lost faith.

I really do not mind 'treadmills' or other repetitive things. What I eventually hope for is more immersion and dynamicism. MMOs are essentially huge static worlds with respawns and places that never change.

I'm not sure if the technology is there to allow for massive changing worlds, but companies could have staff on hand to ensure things are fresh. That would require intervention, and most gaming companies want their 'shards' to run as is and just rake in the dough.

I hope Wish creates the world they are promising, but the game didn't seem that great last year.

Drem wrote:i actually played the original beta for this earlier this year but kinda forgot about it until they sent me an email telling me to come do beta 2, but this game Wish might be just what you're looking for:

first link is the game homepage and the second link is an extensive article examining the skill system and the no-"treadmill" gameplay

it's got a really nice set up, enjoyable graphics and races, and a bitchin sound producer. also there's only going to be one server. they're setting up some new kind of server that can accomidate tens of thousands of players at once in a continually changing game lead by a full-time team of live story advancing members that continually bring new experiences to the players.

there are no quests that can be done more than once. there is no level building. you get skill points based on completion of tasks, rather than killing monsters.

it's pretty fun

enjoy it; i did

https://www.mutablerealms.com/index.php

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/532/53 ... ?fromint=1
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:34 pm

last year it was nothing. they had just announced it. they've made a lot of improvements and have a really quality team now i think. the screens are nice, the races are nice

everything is slowly falling into place. it might do you good to sign up into the beta 2 because as far as i can tell, this is the game you always describe that you want.

i'd at least give it a chance
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:40 pm

I played for about 5 minutes in phase 1 and that was enough for me to uninstall this. Unless it got TONS of improvement I don't know if I'll bother.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Rotj » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:25 pm

I agree with Taxx here. However, I did sign up for Beta 2 just for curiosity.
Rotj
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby dammuzis » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:39 pm

what the heck its a beta.... clicky
dammuzis
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to World of Warcraft Discussions